Lego Kids Fest

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
mvas11
Peasant
Peasant

Lego Kids Fest

Post by mvas11 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I took my 5 year old son to Kidfest last year and he had a blast (so did I). Does anyone know if it changes from year to year? There's one this year about an hour away and I didn't know if it was worth it if it's the exact same thing. Thanks if anyone can help.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego Kids Fest

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 am

Do attendees get any sort of Lego kits/bricks to take home at this event? Might have to drive down to Austin for Labor Day event with my daughter...

legogod
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego Kids Fest

Post by legogod » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 pm

The two times I have been they have been very similar with only minor changes. I wrote a review of what I encountered here. While there were some new things this past time, I would limit myself to once a year. This is just personal preference.

As for bricks/promotions/give-aways: at some building events a child gets a small set to take home. There were 2 SW sets last year. We each received a Duplo brick with the event logo on it when we left. Pictures and descriptions are in my write-up.

Have fun.
Jared