Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
ThunderFighter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars

Post by ThunderFighter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 am

New Lego star wars game coming out fall this year :D
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/08/lego- ... platforms/

"And here we thought the well of Lego Star Wars material had dried up. Perhaps we've underestimated TT Games, which has revealed that it's constructing a new armed and fully operational entry in the series: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Destined for an Autumn 2010 release on the Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii, the game will focus on the events of the Cartoon Network animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Expect "brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat" and an expanded level editor, allowing potential Padawans and Seperatists the chance to construct their own "customized bases and in-game battlefields." You'll also be able to employ new tactics throughout the game, such as "Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups."

Wait, lightsaber slicing? Does that mean the obvious, or the radical ability to slice through lightsabers?"

happyfeet56
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars

Post by happyfeet56 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Yay another lego star wars game. Too bad I don't have any of those platforms :( So it looks like i'm going to have to fork some cash out to buy one.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

The play features seems interesting.
happyfeet56 wrote:Yay another lego star wars game. Too bad I don't have any of those platforms So it looks like i'm going to have to fork some cash out to buy one.
Most of the video games released these days never include PC because too many people hack or download them. The company doesn't make money like this and its harder for people to hack or mod an Xbox or PS3 than just straight downloading from a computer.

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Ah Lego is trying to milk us fans again with another game. 2 years, later. Lego Star Wars IV :lol:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:06 am

So, anyone playing this? I'm at about 33% completion right now. It's a lot of fun, building (pun unintended) upon the foundation of the first two. The RTS type of play on the larger battles is an interesting addition. The space battles are still just okay - so far most of them have been "fly around and find a place where you have to land in order to get out and do stuff", which could have just as easily been done without the flying. I like all the different characters available.

The hub is AMAZING - at first I wasn't at all impressed... I thought it was just the bridge of a Venator. As I continued to play the game, though, I noticed I could build the missing pieces of doors to other chambers of the ship (via collecting gold bricks during gameplay). You can explore a vast array of different areas of the Venator, and then, just when you think you've seen it all, buy or use a previously acquired ship in the hangar bay and fly over to the Separatist's ship and explore that one! I've only explored the hangar and one chamber of the Separatist's ship, but it's really cool. I bought a few bad guys (Count Dooku, Jango Fett, some droids) and the Slave I.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

vynsane wrote:So, anyone playing this? I'm at about 33% completion right now. It's a lot of fun, building (pun unintended) upon the foundation of the first two. The RTS type of play on the larger battles is an interesting addition. The space battles are still just okay - so far most of them have been "fly around and find a place where you have to land in order to get out and do stuff", which could have just as easily been done without the flying. I like all the different characters available.

The hub is AMAZING - at first I wasn't at all impressed... I thought it was just the bridge of a Venator. As I continued to play the game, though, I noticed I could build the missing pieces of doors to other chambers of the ship (via collecting gold bricks during gameplay). You can explore a vast array of different areas of the Venator, and then, just when you think you've seen it all, buy or use a previously acquired ship in the hangar bay and fly over to the Separatist's ship and explore that one! I've only explored the hangar and one chamber of the Separatist's ship, but it's really cool. I bought a few bad guys (Count Dooku, Jango Fett, some droids) and the Slave I.
I haven't played it yet. Waiting for a sale/promo on games since I'd be getting this title on the Wii. Like what you have said so far so please keep us posted.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.