How to determine if a set is retired?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

How to determine if a set is retired?

Post by loporjai2003 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm

When it is "SOLD OUT" on the S@H site, does that mean it is retired as there will be no more stock ever or just a temporary thing? The Grand Emporium I've been eyeing for a long time is now sold out :shock:

Also, how does one determine when things are retired? I talked to a Lego store employee and told about every 2 years?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: How to determine if a set is retired?

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 pm

A set being sold out does not necessarily mean that it will be discontinued. Some times they just need to replenish the stock. And yes, most sets retire after two years of production.

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks for the info, I see that Grand Emporium is back in stock, but I ordered one from Amazon FR ... and after the BF sales, my wallet is hurting ... I've been bitten by the bug as I started with just loose LEGO and odd set and now doing the sets stuff. :crazy:

keland
Peasant
Peasant

Post by keland » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Easy answer, ask a Lego employee in the month of Dec. They have a 3 page list of things getting the boot. Some of the sets are even 2011 sets.