what is a good price for older lego sets?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

what is a good price for older lego sets?

Post by zdog89 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 am

I recently have had an opportunity to purchase a used but complete with box and instructions lego town plan 10184, I really love the design of this set and have been searching for a while. Prices on ebay are all over the place. Is 210 w/ shipping a good price? Anyone own the set and recommend/ not recommend it? any help/feedback would be appreciated! thanks

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: what is a good price for older lego sets?

Post by lukeskywalker » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 am

I'd say that it is. If you check bricklink, You can see the average sale price. I guess it really depends on how much you want it.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 am

I imagine the lowest price you see it on bricklink and closed eBay auctions. If it's a set you want then the price is less relevant because you can usually assume it's only going to keep going up in value. Especially the Lego exclusive sets.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:32 am

Only buy it if it is a set you really want. A general rule of thumb is that its only going to get more expensive the longer it is out of production, so if you can find this set at prices that other people have purchased it at or are selling near it, it's probably pretty good.

Check Bricklink first.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 pm

thanks everyone! I went ahead and bought it, I figured if people are willing to pay 400 for it new in box, a used one with perfect stickers with instructions and the box was a value at 200 and I cant wait to get it! I really want to make the movie theater into a modular, maybe the gas station too! :) thanks again for the advice!