How much is my Lego set worth?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Bjaman
I'm New !

How much is my Lego set worth?

Post by Bjaman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:09 am

I have a Lego set from 1985. It's unnamed 1968 with 177 pieces. This was a closet find. My dad was selling our farm which has been in the family for over 100 years. Upon cleaning out my moms closet (she passes away in 1989 when I was 7) we found 2 Lego sets unopened still in plastic. My father confirmed they were for my older brother and myself for Christmas but they were forgotten and we never got them as gifts. My oldest daughter loves Lego and opened up this set behind my back. It's now considered used and not new. It's still mint. What is one of these sets worth? I don't know how to add pics. http://brickset.com/sets/1968-1/(Unnamed) This is the set I have.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: How much is my Lego set worth?

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 am

According to Brinklink it's worth about $110 used, but if the box is in good shape then maybe $150. It's a shame that is it was opened, otherwise you probably could get $200+ from some crazy LEGO collector.

But you said you found two sets in the closet, I'm curious to what the other one is.

And it sucks you have to sell the farm.

Bjaman
I'm New !

Post by Bjaman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:01 am

The other set was the exact same. I listed it on eBay. I had someone offer me $120 for it.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Here is the bricklink listing for it: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat ... 020#T=S&O={}

Find one in a similar condition to compare (though there aren't a lot for comparison and you never know how long some of the higher priced ones have been sitting there unsold). It is a place to start anyway.