Clone Brand LEPIN - LEGO Files Court Action

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Dryurcik
I'm New !

Re: Clone Brand LEPIN - LEGO Files Court Action

Post by Dryurcik » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:49 am

stevebuscemi wrote: $350 Ghostbusters HQ should be a $199 set and they'd still make plenty and knock out competitors selling for $125.
Not according to their financials they wouldn't. While there's no denying they make sweet, sweet margins when all is said and done (25.6% for 2015 compared to Apple at 22 or so, many retailers are in the single digits) they can't price that set at $199 without losing money.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:28 pm

Do these knock offs originate from the same factories that are producing official Lego products overseas? If so, these knock offs could very well be the same material and quality as the real deal.

And this is very wrong and I hope these companies get shut down.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:31 pm

MakoSlade wrote:Do these knock offs originate from the same factories that are producing official Lego products overseas? If so, these knock offs could very well be the same material and quality as the real deal.

And this is very wrong and I hope these companies get shut down.
LEGO have their own new factory in China. Very unlikely the clone makers would have access to it. LEGO bricks have LEGO molded on them. The clones do not, even if they use the same factories injection mold machines, it wouldn't be the same molds.

I believe LEGO have to source some of their raw material locally in China. It is possible the clone makers would have access to same suppliers.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Also, as for the raises in prices...Inflation anyone?
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.