Lego 10190 Market Street

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
jedidan007
I'm New !

Lego 10190 Market Street

Post by jedidan007 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 am

experts. I found a vintage Lego 10190 Market Street set in my storage. I see the going rate on eBay.

The box is tore up, I have the front and the sides and the instructions but has water damage. Instructions are still in very good condition.

The bags are completely unopened and stored in a container. It is a complete set. Any advice as to how much to list it - like eBay?

I am still browsing this forum, but is there a link to connect with other people to sell/trade/buy Legos? Thank you!

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Lego 10190 Market Street

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Hopefully others will add info to help you. When I'm considering selling something I've found that the best way to consider prices is to browse similar items on Ebay. Keep in mind just because something is listed for "x" price doesn't necessarily mean that is the right price. It may be overpriced and they may be listing it over and over again. On the other hand also though you may find items that are underpriced (but less likely because if its a desirable item and underpriced it won't hang around). Good luck.

Edit...

I didn't notice earlier that you had already discovered the going rate on Ebay. Just be sure to take good pics of the set and parts so that a potential buyer will know the conditions of the item.

We have a buy/trade forum but brand new members cannot until they been around a little longer. There is a forum thread about this in the new member section I think.

jedidan007
I'm New !

Post by jedidan007 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Stclair - thanks so much for the reply and for the tip. But yeah, I have such an odd situation; a vintage set, in the type of condition the set is in and the potential to make that much money of what I currently see on eBay is exciting and nerve-racking. But I think I know where to set the price at and probably just work my way down until I find a buyer hopefully.

Also, thanks for letting me know there is a buy/sell section. Hopefully time permits me to stay active on this forum to get access.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:02 pm

jedidan007 wrote:Stclair - thanks so much for the reply and for the tip. But yeah, I have such an odd situation; a vintage set, in the type of condition the set is in and the potential to make that much money of what I currently see on eBay is exciting and nerve-racking. But I think I know where to set the price at and probably just work my way down until I find a buyer hopefully.

Also, thanks for letting me know there is a buy/sell section. Hopefully time permits me to stay active on this forum to get access.
You're welcome. Have you consider keeping it? The modular buildings recently became my favorite. I don't feel the need to buy them all (just my favorites.. that I can afford). The Market Street set isn't my favorite but I don't love the abundance of that particular blue in the set. Yes. You have a nice find on your hands. The older ones fetch a pretty penny.

Honestly... I would sell it and use it to buy more LEGO ;-)
Good luck.

jedidan007
I'm New !

Post by jedidan007 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:26 am

I only thought about it for a minute until I discovered how much it was worth, lol.

But my motivation is what my son is into, such as the Marvel/DC/Star Wars line and any sets from movies - only because he is that young that he is into all of that.

Thanks! Yeah, I am definitely going to sell it because that's a whole lot of legos I can buy with that money!