win your LEGO holiday wish list.

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

win your LEGO holiday wish list.

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 am

Win Your LEGO® Holiday Wish List!*

This Holiday, you will have the chance to “Win Your LEGO® Wish List”

Tell us the TOP 10 LEGO Sets on your Wish List this Holiday. To be entered for a chance to win, take your completed list into a LEGO® Store or mail it to us. Submit your entry by December 10, 2010!
http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/?Holiday ... S=Wishlist
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: win your LEGO holiday wish list.

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 am

That's pretty cool... I wonder what the benefit is out of this - are they looking for people to utilize the Wish List function more? Is it just to get people to come into the store? Either way, I'll be entering - why not? :D
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 am

Am I reading that right? No age limit?
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:04 am

Here's the summary of T&C on the page linked above:
Summary of Offer Terms and Conditions:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

*Offer is valid October 1st through December 10th 2010 – entries postmarked after this date will be excluded. Wish List contents must be from the current 2010 LEGO® range and are subject to availability. Exclusions include, BRICKMASTER subscriptions, Giftcards, eGiftcards, Pick A Brick, and Design ByME. Unavailable items will be substituted with product of equal or greater value. Total value of the wish list must not exceed 1000 $/£/€. Entries exceeding this amount will be fulfilled
based on priority up to but not exceeding said value.

Offer is open to residents of the US, Canada, UK / Ireland, Germany / Austria / Switzerland and the Netherlands only.

One entry per person, multiple entries constitute a void of all entries. Offer valid in LEGO® Stores, through LEGO® CLUB, LEGO® Catalog or on shop.LEGO.com. Parent or guardian’s signature and valid email address required for eligibility. By completing the entry, parent or guardian consents to receive information from the LEGO Group via e-mail.

The winner will be notified via email on or before the 20th December 2010. Winning party may be asked but not required to take part in a PR related activity post contest. Due to timing promotion, prize will not be received until after Christmas."
It doesn't say anything about ages, and it's "one entry per person" not per household - I wonder if I can enter myself AND my daughter?

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:12 am

Oh I plan to enter both the step daughters, the newborn, and the wife. Too bad about the $1000 limit, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 am

Do I have to get my Mom to sign it? :D

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 am

My god I need all of my friends to sign up NOW.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

brickbybrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by brickbybrick » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:58 pm

vynsane wrote:That's pretty cool... I wonder what the benefit is out of this - are they looking for people to utilize the Wish List function more? Is it just to get people to come into the store? Either way, I'll be entering - why not? :D
I would imagine during the course of people looking at items to make their wish list the amount of purchases that it generates will exceed the $1,000 limit by a few dollars. ;)

I think it helps people become more familiar with the product by adding things to a wish list that they may normally not look at, most likely creating even more sales.

Just my $.02.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:24 am

brickbybrick wrote:
vynsane wrote:That's pretty cool... I wonder what the benefit is out of this - are they looking for people to utilize the Wish List function more? Is it just to get people to come into the store? Either way, I'll be entering - why not? :D
I would imagine during the course of people looking at items to make their wish list the amount of purchases that it generates will exceed the $1,000 limit by a few dollars. ;)

I think it helps people become more familiar with the product by adding things to a wish list that they may normally not look at, most likely creating even more sales.

Just my $.02.
It's a total PR stunt. Look closely at the fine print. It says winners may be asked to participate in a PR event if selected to be a winner.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 am

All contests are PR stunts.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:09 pm

You may have to have your picture taken and posted on Lego.com and various Lego magazines. Also be willing to have your name and location published. Maybe appear at the local Lego Store to pick up the goodies.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:13 pm

dr_spock wrote:You may have to have your picture taken and posted on Lego.com and various Lego magazines. Also be willing to have your name and location published. Maybe appear at the local Lego Store to pick up the goodies.
For $1,000 worth of Lego goodness? No Problem.

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

dr_spock wrote:Do I have to get my Mom to sign it? :D
Yeah, who do we get to sign it if we are AFOL's? I can't really ask my mom to sign this for me she'll laugh at that :D

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Maybe my fiance will sign mine.

In regards to the publication of your winnings though I think they said they may ask, but you are not required to participate.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 am

BlacktronManic wrote:
dr_spock wrote:Do I have to get my Mom to sign it? :D
Yeah, who do we get to sign it if we are AFOL's? I can't really ask my mom to sign this for me she'll laugh at that :D
Does it say parent or legal guardian? If it's legal guardian then you can sign : )

gekibrick
I'm New !

Post by gekibrick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:05 pm

In the details it mentions that the products in your wishlist need to be from the 2010 range? Does that mean anything that's currently in the Lego Shop or that it must be released in 2010? I want to add Bionicles to my list, but even the latest ones are from 2009.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 am

I was just thinking about this - could it be possible for this promo to hurt LEGO's bottom line this holiday season? I mean, if people put things on their wishlist hoping to win the contest, they'd be less likely to buy them, wouldn't they? Or do you think most people are putting things on their WL that they didn't intend to buy, but wouldn't turn down if they won?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:38 am

vynsane wrote:I was just thinking about this - could it be possible for this promo to hurt LEGO's bottom line this holiday season? I mean, if people put things on their wishlist hoping to win the contest, they'd be less likely to buy them, wouldn't they? Or do you think most people are putting things on their WL that they didn't intend to buy, but wouldn't turn down if they won?
what you're saying is like people buying the lottery won't be working because they might win the money so why work. :lol:

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 am

vynsane wrote:I was just thinking about this - could it be possible for this promo to hurt LEGO's bottom line this holiday season? I mean, if people put things on their wishlist hoping to win the contest, they'd be less likely to buy them, wouldn't they? Or do you think most people are putting things on their WL that they didn't intend to buy, but wouldn't turn down if they won?
Because no-one would ever want duplicates of any set they already own. 8-)

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:12 am

I already bought a set put on my wishlist. :lol:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!