No More Jurassic World Sets?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
legonmb
I'm New !

No More Jurassic World Sets?

Post by legonmb » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 am

I was able to grab one set before they have vanished from every walmart , target etc in my area.
My son jumped on the jurassic bandwagon and finally wanted to spend some of his saved up lego funds on the Jurassic world sets.
The theme doesn't even show up at shop.lego.com anymore. I wonder if they are done and not making anymore?
Anyone heard any news regarding them being gone for good.

Thanks

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: No More Jurassic World Sets?

Post by vynsane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:43 am

Huh, odd. Yeah, they don't appear in any of the menus. If you search:

http://search-en.lego.com/?q=jurassic+world&cc=US

they all show up, but all as "Temporarily out of stock".
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:26 pm

Considering that the movie will be out on DVD this month, LEGO will be missing out on a lot of profit if they don't make more sets.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:53 pm

I like the Jurassic World but then again I like all three of the previous Jurassic Park movies.
Below is a link to my MOC using Lego's Dino and Jurassic World dinosaurs which I displayed at the 2014 Virginia Brickfair.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/416849

In recent times, I've only seen two of the Jurassic World sets on the retail shelves (the local Lego retail store) -the set with the Pteranodon and the set with the Dilophosaurus. It seems to me that many of the other bigger NIB sets are now in the hands of lego speculators/resellers ...not a good thing.....Lego says that demand for Lego might outstrip the current supply of Lego this holiday season - so it doesn't look like Lego will be making many more of them. That being said, one can also download instructions on how to build a T-Rex or a Triceratop or Stegosaurus with just regular Lego parts. Both TLG designs of the T-Rex and the Triceratops using regular Lego are satisfying builds in my humble opinion. TLG Stegosaurus and Pteranodon designs are less ambitious works. I made my own Pteranodon which you can see here

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/387916

My guess is that Lego will have a new dinosaur series out a few months before Jurassic World 2 is to be released on June 22 2018. The next Jurassic World plot has been rumoured to be about the militarization and weaponization of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs. T-Rex with Laser beams goes to war....
Last edited by Neo on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:40 am

Just out of curiosity, what did people think about this movie? From an adult point of view I mean...sure kids like dinosaurs but...

I know it sold a lot of tickets...it had a great opening weekend.

It was my least favorite movie I saw of the summer. Granted, there were quite a few good movies this summer. Things like Antman, Age of Ultron, Terminator, Mad Max were all in a similar action/adventure genre. Plot issues, mediocre acting, a lack of suspense that was key in the original Jurassic Park, a horrific amount of in movie advertising from companies like mercedes, starbucks,verizon etc that made it seem like it was full of commercials (though sometimes we are so desensitized to these kinds of things that I know it is easy to not notice them...I noticed in this case).

Did others feel the same way or am I alone in my assessment?
Last edited by lego the hutt on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:48 pm

I loved Jurassic World and have seen it 2.5 times. I think Jurassic Park gets a huge pass because of nostalgia, it's really not that great of a movie if you think about it. These are monster flicks, nothing more.

That said the Mercedes advertising was annoying as hell.