Preferred Shipping Provider?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Preferred Shipping Provider?

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 am

So I ordered my CMFs from LEGO but unnoticed to me it chose Fed Ex rather than the usual UPS as my shipping provider...It's now taking forever to get here. My package has also seemingly 'disappeared' as it shipped out from Wisconsin (which is two state north of where I live and this shipped from Mississippi mind you) about two days ago and I have gotten 0 updates.

What shipping company do you guys use most? I usually do UPS when I can. From all my previous experiences they ship the fastest with the least amount of bouncing around shipping hubs. The United States Parcel Service is alright too, as are some smaller ones for me.

Also, any shipping nightmares to share? This is my first one so far. I ordered this last Tuesday when the figures went on sale and they've been bouncing from Fed Ex hub to hub for the entire time until they just disappeared all together.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Preferred Shipping Provider?

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 am

my orders from LEGO ship FedEx then get transferred to USPS.
So they come from my mail man.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 am

legitimatealex wrote:I ordered this last Tuesday when the figures went on sale and they've been bouncing from Fed Ex hub to hub for the entire time until they just disappeared all together.
You should call them, sometimes their online tracking isn't terribly reliable.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

GoWayaKun
I'm New !

Post by GoWayaKun » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:05 pm

LEGO now uses FedEx Smart Post. It is cheaper for them then USPS Priority and FedEx Ground. FedEx handles pickup and distribution to USPS closest point while USPS handles delivery.

UPS has their own version which is much slower for me. I've had UPS Mail Innovations packages ship from 2 states away and take over 7 business days to arrive.

My minifigure FedEx Smart Post package shipped on Thursday, left FedEx in Wisconsin on Sunday, and arrived today (Tuesday) to suburban Chicagoland. I'm sure you've received your package today also (as of this posting). Considering yesterday was a holiday, the delivery time was pretty good at 2 business days for me.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 pm

But I didn't :cry: I ordered Tuesday and I've gotten no updates since. I'm marginally worried.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

GoWayaKun
I'm New !

Post by GoWayaKun » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Hmm. Is it past the estimated delivery date on your tracking number? I wouldn't worry too much until after USPS delivery time tomorrow or if the estimated delivery date is past. Although in my experience USPS can often add an extra 2 days to delivery time after they get the hand off from UPS/Fed Ex.

If your order shipped with mine, it'd make sense if it comes tomorrow. Indiana vs. Illinois. It mostly depends if they passed the package to USPS from Wisconsin or if they added another hop to another FedEx facility first. Assuming your package passed through New Berlin, WI like mine did.

My tracking info last reports it left FedEx facility New Berlin, WI on September 5th at 6:26 PM. It also lists September 7th as the estimated delivery date. It doesn't list anything beyond that even tho it was delivered by USPS today.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 pm

That's crazy, I live in WI, ordered some CMF and they were shipped from someplace else...