Bricklink problems. Advice requested

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Bricklink problems. Advice requested

Post by hatcher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 am

I've been buying on bricklink for over 6 years now, and never had a problem. Until now. I wanted to know if anyone has had this experience and how it played out.

I placed a small order back on November 26th. By the end of December it still hadn't arrived so I contacted the seller. He had no idea what had happened to it, and promised to send it again. Well, I still haven't gotten it. I am going to contact him again today and get his side of things, and then file a non shipping seller alert so I get get my money back.

What can I expect after that?

Thanks
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

cmrt1014
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Bricklink problems. Advice requested

Post by cmrt1014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 am

Where is the seller located? If they're in a different country, could the packages have gotten stuck in customs? Do you have any tracking information? Filing a NSS really has nothing to do with getting your money back. Did you pay through paypal? No address issues?

Communication is the key here - keep the lines open, if the seller was agreeable to resending, they may work with you. Wait to file the NSS until you aren't getting anywhere. After the NSS the seller has time to resolve the issue, but it won't clear until you clear it, or the seller convinces the admin staff that they have in fact shipped. Watch the paypal cutoff dates.

Not a fun path to go down.

Hth.

C

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 am

Yes, he's in the US, I'm in Canada. No tracking info was given. I have never had anything held up in customs so I suppose that could the case, but it was literally 2 pieces. Grand total of $2.25 plus shipping. I did pay through paypal and my address is correct there so that shouldn't be the issue.

I sent him a message today asking for an update. He hasn't responded yet. Its been over 45 days so paypal won't do anything at this point. Lesson learned.

I guess the best I can hope for is it to show up at s

Thanks for the info.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Maybe it got routed to Jamaica. That's what happened to the Christmas card from my sister in the USA. Someone in the USPS didn't know where Canada was.

My recent BL problem was the seller missed my PayPal payment. A couple of emails and screenshot of the PayPal history seem to have resolved the issue.

cmrt1014
Citizen
Citizen

Post by cmrt1014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:31 pm

hatcher wrote:Yes, he's in the US, I'm in Canada. No tracking info was given. I have never had anything held up in customs so I suppose that could the case, but it was literally 2 pieces. Grand total of $2.25 plus shipping. I did pay through paypal and my address is correct there so that shouldn't be the issue.

I sent him a message today asking for an update. He hasn't responded yet. Its been over 45 days so paypal won't do anything at this point. Lesson learned.

I guess the best I can hope for is it to show up at s

Thanks for the info.
Double check with paypal - they've extended the time window for refunds...

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Weird follow up. Went through paypal and got a refund. And now the order which was supposed to have been shipped in early January but was actually shipped on Feb 2nd has arrived. He clearly lied about sending the replacement order back in January, so I feel like keeping the money (after all the junk I went through getting the parts I am keeping those) but part of me thinks I should give him something (only one of the two pieces ordered were in the replacement order and he over charged me a $1 for shipping.)

Thoughts?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm

You're talking about less than $5. It wouldn't be worth the bad Juju to not pay someone, especially if they did in fact ship it twice... then they are at the pieces and the shipping 2x.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.