SDCC 2014 Official Press Release + LEGO SDCC Exclusive TV Series Batmobile Set

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

SDCC 2014 Official Press Release + LEGO SDCC Exclusive TV Series Batmobile Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:46 am

The third and final San Diego Comic Con exclusive set has been revealed and it will be the LEGO Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile SDCC 2014 set. This set includes 2 minifigures including Robin and Batman. 1000 of this exclusive set will be made available for sale at the Comic Con for $39.99 starting on Thursday. Daily cap will be set at 250 per day.

LEGO Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile SDCC 2014 Exclusive Set

The official LEGO Press release for the San Diego Comic Con is also now out with more details on how the minifigures and exclusives are being distributed. There's also lots more info in regards to what you'll be seeing at the Comic Con. If you are unable to make it to the San Diego Comic Con and would like to get a chance at winning one of the four of minifigures via the Twitter raffle by following @LEGO_Group.

SAN DIEGO, July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON -- LEGO Systems, Inc. today unveiled details of everything that contributes to its largest San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) presence ever. The LEGO® booth will welcome show attendees with life-sized LEGO models, sneak peeks of 2015 LEGO building sets, photo-opps and content demos. Additionally, fans will have a chance to win limited edition minifigures each day and exclusive SDCC LEGO sets will be sold in the company's booth shop. The family-friendly booth will feature thousands of LEGO bricks for attendees to build and take home their own brick-based heroes. The LEGO excitement can be found at booth #2829 of the San Diego Convention Center, July 24-27.

"This is our fourteenth year at San Diego Comic-Con and each year we see stronger enthusiasm coming from a growing audience of fans of all ages," said Michael McNally, senior brand relations director, LEGO Systems, Inc. "We're thrilled to deliver a family friendly brand experience, punctuated by custom life-sized models, play opportunities, exclusives, collectibles and sneak peeks, that lets children and adult collectors celebrate their passion for properties and LEGO play together in one place."

LEGO Star Wars™
To commemorate the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars, the company will unveil a show-stopping showcase of every LEGO Star Wars minifigure ever created – over 500 in total—that is sure to make fans drool. A remote-controlled LEGO Chopper life-sized model, based on the new Star Wars Rebels series, will roam the booth throughout the weekend. Other activities include the unveiling of a 2015 LEGO Star Wars set and a limited edition exclusive version of the LEGO Star Wars Ghost with a Chopper minifigure that will be on sale for show attendees beginning Thursday morning.

LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics™
This year marks the 75th anniversary of BATMAN™, and LEGO Systems celebrates the milestone with a new life-sized model of the Batcycle™ from the Batman Classic TV Series, complete with sidecar, made entirely out of LEGO bricks. Two LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics sets launching in 2015 will be unveiled, including an 1,800 piece Tumbler, and one of the company's exclusive minifigure raffle items will feature an iconic DC Comics character.  Throughout the show, a limited number of exclusive Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile™ LEGO sets will be on sale.

LEGO Super Heroes: MARVEL
The new feature film Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters August 1st and to honor the event and its newest film-inspired building sets, LEGO Systems will display a custom-built life-sized LEGO version of Groot and Rocket Raccoon. An SDCC exclusive LEGO set, Rocket Raccoon's Warbird, will be sold and an exclusive minifigure of The Collector from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be up for grabs to lucky fans as part of a raffle.

LEGO THE HOBBIT™
In anticipation of this December's theatrical release of THE HOBBIT: The Battle of the Five Armies, a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), LEGO Systems will unveil one of the new LEGO THE HOBBIT sets that is slated to hit store shelves in October. A large-scale model of Smaug, built entirely from LEGO bricks and featuring custom light features to simulate the dragon's fire-breathing ability, will be displayed in the Warner Bros. booth #4545.  On Thursday, July 24, fans will also have a chance to win a LEGO THE HOBBIT minifigure.

THE LEGO MOVIE
Fans of the first LEGO theatrical film will instantly recognize a new 8-foot tall LEGO model presiding over the booth as Lord Business. A LEGO set based on THE LEGO MOVIE launching in January 2015, will be unveiled and on Sunday, fans will have a chance to win an exclusive LEGO Unikitty, as well as attend a panel discussion focused on the film and its toys.

LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™
To honor the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles feature film, a life-sized LEGO model of Shredder will be on display, along with LEGO sets based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series and feature film.

LEGO Mixels™
LEGO Mixels™, an original property created in conjunction with Cartoon Network made up of animated shorts, virtual app gaming and collectible construction toys, was first unveiled at SDCC 2013. The fun continues as the fourth wave of quirky characters, launching in 2015, will be unveiled. New Mixels content for 2015 will also include new shorts, specials and a game.

LEGO NINJAGO and LEGO LEGENDS OF CHIMA™
Two of the biggest original LEGO properties will be represented in two separate panels on Sunday, inviting children and families to learn more about the stories, products lines and the television series that currently air on Cartoon Network.

LEGO Information
Three SDCC exclusive LEGO sets will be on sale in the shop area of LEGO booth #2829. Each set is limited to 1,000 pieces, and sales of each are capped at 250 per day. Four LEGO minifigures will be given away via raffle during the show. Fans can try their luck by visiting the Sails Terrace each day starting at 12:30 PM. For fans who are not attending SDCC, there is a chance to win one of the four minifigures via Twitter raffle by following @LEGO_Group.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/sdcc-2014-offici ... obile-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: SDCC 2014 Official Press Release + LEGO SDCC Exclusive T

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Not nearly as nice as I thought it would be, which is awesome because I will never own it!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Not nearly as nice as I thought it would be, which is awesome because I will never own it!
My thoughts exactly. Its a little "cuter" than I anticipated. I would pay $20 for it... but we all know that it will sell for well over the $39.99 price so I won't own one either. We can always make our own :-D

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

StClair wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:We can always make our own :-D

Yeah there is nothing special about the set. Real easy looking build and common pieces. Very happy. :)

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:03 pm

It seems to have activities of the most popular brands for everyone.
I wish I could be there, but one of this years...

Happy event for those of you who are going.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Half the set seems to be made out of the pieces that are always left as extras in most sets.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

I wish they never showed the pictures for any of the exclusive minfigures or sets that are sold at comic con because every year it makes me upset and sad that I will never be able to attend the event or own one of the sets or figures. :(

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:53 am

Same here! But still I can get some good figures. They keep me busy.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 am

The Batmobile looks pretty neat. I guess I'll just wait until Brickset gets the instructions and try to build it myself.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Brickfan reports that the price for the exclusive classic batmobile set will be even more overpriced than we thought. Rather than $40 it will be $50. Rocket Raccon (Guardians of the Galaxy) exclusive will be $40 as previously reported.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:09 am

StClair wrote:Brickfan reports that the price for the exclusive classic batmobile set will be even more overpriced than we thought. Rather than $40 it will be $50.
Really?!? That's just ridiculous.

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Wow... and I thought each set would be $15-$20 max....

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 pm

TheKragle wrote:Wow... and I thought each set would be $15-$20 max....
LEGO could charge $500 a piece and still sell all of them within hours.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Thats crazy. Going for $150-200 for this little car.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Luciant wrote:Thats crazy. Going for $150-200 for this little car.
Someone asking for $300CAD. Probably still cheaper than airfare, hotel, meals to SDCC.

Bizarro
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bizarro » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:29 am

As soon as I seen this set I knew must has it. I get one purchase a year from SDCC (for, well, obvious reasons) and the total cost with priority shipping to Australia was $257 AUD. Very close to the massive Ewok Village I got the same week from Target's toy sale at $309. Limited runs make all the difference.

Some guys, I've noticed don't mind parting stuff up and building their own but for collectors it's a little bit more than that. You know, the box, the instructions... the inspiration of envy in their collecting colleagues :P For others, like me, it will remain pristine in it's box for the duration of it's stay in my collection :)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:13 am

I have no envy that you wasted several hundred dollars on a lame little box of plastic. :lol: Makes me feel better about myself really.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:46 am

LEGO Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile SDCC 2014 set is a smart buy option. Robin and Batman with this set will urge people to buy this set.

Bizarro
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bizarro » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 pm

mmmms...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:26 am

I'm still on the lookout for #150 of the Rocket's Warbird! If anyone comes across it...PM Me! :)