SDCC 2014: Exclusive Collector Minifigure, Batmobile, Star Wars Ghost Set

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

SDCC 2014: Exclusive Collector Minifigure, Batmobile, Star Wars Ghost Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm

More exclusives and giveaways at this year's San Diego Comic Con has been revealed at Wall Street Journal and Yahoo. LEGO has plans to reveal over 20 exclusive sets and many other life-size models from Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the LEGO Movie.

The minifigure shown  below is the "Collector" from the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. This minifigure will be given away at the LEGO booth during the July 2014 San Diego Comic Con.

In regards to the LEGO Movie, there's an image for a new Uni-Kitty figure where she can change from "Cuteskitty" to "Cheerkitty" with a flick of the wrist. There's also a new LEGO Movie set (shown on the right) which features an angry Uni-Kitty, a Skeleton Robot and a Batman minifigure. It will also come with a Micro Manager. The set will be available in January 2015.

San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Sets for Sale

There will also be a new LEGO Star Wars Rebel Ghost Millennium Falcon-esque freighter set for Comic-Con. Includes an astromech droid Chopper minifigure. Another set will be the Batmobile from the classic TV series. Both sets will be priced at the same point as the LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket's Warbird at $39.99. A total of 1000 of each set will be available for sale at Comic-Con with a cap of 250 per day. Visit the LEGO booth at the convention for more details.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/sdcc-2014-exclus ... ghost-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: SDCC 2014: Exclusive Collector Minifigure, Batmobile, St

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:44 am

Absolute slap in the face for the fans of the Guardians line. So we pretty much are all f'd if we wanted to collect the collector. I am guessing it will be up there in price like Azog.

I also want that new Rocket figure due to the clothing being his proper outfit.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 am

Remember, Azog, turned up in a regular set a few months after Comic Con so there is precedent.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:55 am

I am going to comic-con next week, and from everything I hear, it is nearly impossible to get any of the Lego exclusives without being super lucky or a vendor. I doubt my kids or I want to stand in a line for over an hour just to possibly get a minifig. But I do want the Unikitty, Rocket, and The Collector.

cremer83
I'm New !

Post by cremer83 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm

I hate what SDCC is doing with Lego's it makes it almost impossible to get for those that dont attend the con, without paying outrageous scalped prices.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 pm

cremer83 wrote:I hate what SDCC is doing with Lego's it makes it almost impossible to get for those that dont attend the con, without paying outrageous scalped prices.
You have that backwards.

LEGO is doing this, not SDCC, it's not their fault at all and 100% LEGO's fault.

cremer83
I'm New !

Post by cremer83 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 am

Its kind of a double edge sword...I can see how it is LEGOs fault too. But its SDCC asking for the awesome limit edition stuff to attract people to buy them and then LEGO and other companies like HASBRO makes bad ass product and makes them super low production count.. not sure if thats decided by LEGO or SDCC or both... but it sucks for us. That rocket racoon and collector fig are really nice but I cant justify spending the money on that :(

monkeyflyers
I'm New !

Post by monkeyflyers » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:56 am

I think Lego is killing this hobby with stuff like this and the ban on sale prices for the larger sets. They are trying to get every penny they can and causing people like me to not buy their products as much.

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:28 am

MUST...GET...UNIKITTY!!
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:27 am

monkeyflyers wrote:I think Lego is killing this hobby with stuff like this and the ban on sale prices for the larger sets. They are trying to get every penny they can and causing people like me to not buy their products as much.

I agree. LEGO used to be about the toy, it's now about the collecting.

And this has nothing to do with Comic Con, LEGO can tell them no. If LEGO actually cared about their fans they would realize that kids ask for things for their birthdays, but we have Minifigures, Friends Animals and Mixels that are only around for two months or so. It's silly.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 am

My son is still obsessed with Mr. Gold and talks about him. Not because he was such an interesting character but because he was so rare. It drives me crazy. I know lots of young ones that want rare figures not simply because they are rare but because they are characters that they want to or want finish collections or teams. Kids that don't have the resources to pay for the rare figures. Its sad. I suppose thats part of being a child too though... I can still remember as a kid digging through store shelves searching for particular GIJoe figures. Figures that I only saw on the backs of other packages but never found in stores.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 am

That's nice! Looking forward at it. I have always been attracted towards these minifigures.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:49 am

Have they released a photo of the Batmobile yet?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Have they released a photo of the Batmobile yet?
I haven't been able to find a picture of it yet. Would love to see it

Just saw this though... LEGO Information
Three SDCC exclusive LEGO sets will be on sale in the shop area of LEGO booth #2829. Each set is limited to 1,000 pieces, and sales of each are capped at 250 per day. Four LEGO minifigures will be given away via raffle during the show. Fans can try their luck by visiting the Sails Terrace each day starting at 12:30 PM. For fans who are not attending SDCC, there is a chance to win one of the four minifigures via Twitter raffle by following @LEGO_Group. - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/#sthash.MwTW0nwK.dpuf

Hmmm... for those that have a twitter account they may want to check it out

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 pm

FYI : I just read that Bard the Bowman will be in a set later this year.

From the BrickFan site..

"I was also told today that this minifigure will be available in a set in the future just like Azog from last year. Ace over at FBTB also has confirmed this piece of news as well. For fans who really wanted Bard but couldn’t go to SDCC, you can rest assured that he will be available at some point in the future."

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:07 am

So does anyone else think that the Collector minifig would look great as Londo Millari from Babylon 5 with a quick hair swap?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 pm

I was going to buy a Collector since it just wouldn't be right not to have him if he's made (Like Green Lantern, which is now coming to a regular set).... But I thought: He's the main bad guy... how could they NOT make him into a regular set.... so I decided to pass.

Now the Batman... that particular story leads to a very violent Batman which I don't think Lego will explore, so I think he will be very 'unique' and never put into a regular set.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.