July/August 2014 Issue of The Brick Collectors Magazine

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

July/August 2014 Issue of The Brick Collectors Magazine

Post by brickcollectors » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:48 am

The seventh issue of The Brick Collectors Magazine is now available as a free download here. We would really love for you to read it & share it! There's a Mixels Word Search, featured Friends model with building instructions, an organization column, and more! Thanks for help supporting this family effort.

Joelle
TBCM #7.jpeg
IMG_0833.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
View The Brick Collectors Magazine @ The Brick Collectors

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: July/August 2014 Issue of The Brick Collectors Magazine

Post by JustBrickin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:36 am

I'm starting to love these magazines! They have great building instructions, inspirational buildings, tips to organize, and way too much more!! If they was sold at Barnes and Nobles, Target, etc, I would totally buy these! Thank you!
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by brickcollectors » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words! I wish we could go about getting our magazine in stores, but we're a pretty small labor of love at this point. Maybe someday! I'm glad you found us.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 pm

^ Have you looked into digital publishing (I mean, besides PDF, which is obviously already digital publishing) but I mean like digital magazines for Kindle, etc?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by brickcollectors » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Not so far, but I'm going to look into it. I've just started reading some magazines online and I actually do like it. I'm still kind of a traditionalist about reading though...I like my books.

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Love the production hope you keep it going :) I like the way you incorporated your kids work and art work. Just wanted to ask when you do the builds with random parts with your family, do you really just grab a bunch of random parts or do you usually have specfic ones in mind?

brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by brickcollectors » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:20 am

We do different things for different challenges. It isn't totally random - if I choose a wheel to be one of the parts, I'm going to throw in some sort of connector or axle to use with it. On the other hand, I really try NOT to think about what I might build with the parts as I'm selecting them. I like to stick with a color scheme, but beyond that, I just open our storage drawers and grab parts. My family gets particularly annoyed when there's an odd number of the same type of piece. I guess we're big on symmetry around here! And sometimes we do an all bricks challenge - no other specialty parts. Thank you very much for reading! My kids were very excited when I told them you like their stuff being included.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:12 pm

I just had the chance to read thru a few of the magazines- they are great! I like that you approach the topics from many different angles and also include Friends.

A great family magazine and really appreciate your unique builds and your family's contributions.

david