Game of Thrones - custom minifigs (by Citizen Brick)

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Game of Thrones - custom minifigs (by Citizen Brick)

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 am

Citizen Brick (custom minifigs) just released a new line called Dragon Sword Fighter Force.

Which are minfigs from the Game of Thrones, HBO series.

If you buy the whole set, it comes a bonus - Sir Typesalot (George R.R. Martin) minfig

http://citizenbrick.com/collections/min ... us-minifig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Game of Thrones - custom minifigs (by Citizen Brick)

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:49 pm

I sort of like those but that price is ridiculous. Who buys these things? It reminds me of the breaking bad lab set that was for sale awhile ago. Pretty neat but waay over priced...

Do they produce these in such a tiny quantity that the price has to be that steep? Kind of seems like a waste of time if you can't produce enough to sell them at a price point that is more agreeable. They are missing out on a ton of profit because of it.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:23 am

The whole thing could be an April Fools day prank. Or at least the price.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am

hatcher wrote:The whole thing could be an April Fools day prank. Or at least the price.
No it's definitely not a April Fools prank. Just look at the Albuquerque Action Squad (Breaking bad characters), it's the same $55 price for a pack of three minifigs ($15-$25 for each custom minifig is typical on Citizen Brick).

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:50 am

These are sorta neat, except they messed up Drogo; he should be that nougat or whatever color the "in between" flesh is officially called. Weird to custom print and get something that simple inaccurate.

As for the price, yep it's pricey. Way over what I would pay, but I'm sure there's someone out there that would. There are tons of custom printed minifigs on Ebay that go for $20+ for a single figure (I always wonder who buys those too).

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Tue May 20, 2014 2:52 am

I would love to buy them but I think the price is too much. I mean I have got a collection of minifigs, but none of them is so expensive. I think they should tab on the price.