TRU Canada Lego Movie Giveaway

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
legohunter
Count
Count

TRU Canada Lego Movie Giveaway

Post by legohunter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 am

By submitting your movie ticket stud to Canada TRU, you will receive a scratch card. Each scratch card represented one item of giveaway, including exclusive minifigure, activity book, gift card, or 70809 Lord Business Evil Lair. For those who is curious with what the scratch card and giveaway look like, check out my images.

I was upset receiving the activity book and $5 gift card. I asked the store manager if he would trade my unwanted "prize" with minifig polybag and he refused.

The TRU also carried Western Emmet minifig polybag, you will have to let the store manager know which one you prefer.

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Re: TRU Canada Lego Movie Giveaway

Post by wuju007 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:06 am

Wished there are other ways to get those exclusive min fig without going to eBay in Canada but that seems to be the only way.

lowbike1
I'm New !

Post by lowbike1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:55 am

how long does this go on for?

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 am

There is also The Lego Movie posters as prizes.
My daughter and I both scratched a poster prize. :(

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:19 pm

lowbike1 wrote:how long does this go on for?
This promo will end at Feb 28. Each store carried limited number of scratch cards, though.
crom71 wrote:There is also The Lego Movie posters as prizes.
My daughter and I both scratched a poster prize. :(
It sounded terrible the poster was one of the prizes from scratch card. The poster was supposed to be given away when you show them your club magazine.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 pm

legohunter wrote: It sounded terrible the poster was one of the prizes from scratch card. The poster was supposed to be given away when you show them your club magazine.
Well, I even asked the manager if she could scratch another card (he said no). Probably in case we scratched a gift card or the grand prize (which is apparently a 70809 Lord Business's Evil Lair (one per store)).

Anyway, she liked her poster, even if I was unimpressed. The poster is small, at approx. 17" length x 11" width.

jj1624
I'm New !

Post by jj1624 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:24 pm

3 tickets, 3 posters, which we already got the day before, TRU what a scam

miao
I'm New !

Post by miao » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Same here. Three tickets, instead of three posters, we were given 3 colouring sheets because the posters were all out. Very disappointed.

vancouvertim
I'm New !

Post by vancouvertim » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Yup, poster for us. My daughter liked it though :)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Of course these promos are rigged, I think legohunter is really lucky considering he scratched 2 minifgs and a gift card.

MrVx
I'm New !

Post by MrVx » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Yep, same here. I was in line with my 3 sons waiting to build the free Emmett's car, and every parent I saw got that darn 11x17 poster, which, like someone said here, we were supposed to get for free by showing the Lego Club Magazine.

As usual, nobody (among the staff) seems to be very well informed and after a family of 5 -- just before us -- got to build their 5 Emmett cars/jet, and then us, with 3, the lady with the yellow Lego shirt started saying "only one per family", which upset the dad behind us (with reason because he had been waiting in line for 45 minutes like everybody else). He argued that this was not stated anywhere in the promo, and he finally got two free sets. I'm afraid they'll start to restrict these promos a bit, but that would be unfair. They should be happy these events are now that popular. 3 years ago, we could walk in around 12:30 and there was still plenty of free builds remaining. I think they have 100 per store.

By the way, we stayed in the store for a while afterwards and I could see that after the initial rush of maybe 60-70 kids, there was still a couple of bags remaining. So they shouldn't panic -- only the Lego maniacs wait in line before the time to get those freebies ;-)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Got two posters and a activity booklet. I really wanted the minfigs. :(

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I expected TLG has prepared large number of minifigs to giveaway on this scratch card event. :-|

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Two activity books and a poster...same ones that were at a community LEGO building contest last month. :roll:

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

So my kids and I went to see the movie tonight (we all really enjoyed it, even the 3 year old), so we stopped in to TRU on the way home to get our scratch cards. They only let me exchange one saying it was "one per family". WTF? I would have argued but didn't want to make a scene in front of my kids. Then the person scratched the card for me. Man, talk about a kill joy. We won a poster. So, I take the scratch card with me and read the back of it carefully. It clearly says "one per person per day". Well, I had my kids with me, so I could have demanded 3 more scratch cards, but no problem, I still have the other 3 tickets, and I drive past TRU on my way home from work, so I'll be back tomorrow, the next day, and the next. Probably so I can win 3 more posters. At least there is a $10 of $50 coupon on the scratch card. That might be useful.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:34 pm

hatcher wrote: At least there is a $10 of $50 coupon on the scratch card. That might be useful.
Last day for the buy one, get half off promo is today (Thursday February 13). Use the coupon on a couple of sets, maybe?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm

So I went back yesterday. They were all out of scratch cards. But the girl gave me a Western Emmett polypag to make up for it. Interestingly, I saw the envelop that the scratch cards and polybags came it, it said "2 per store." 2 what? 2 polypags? Not going to complain about getting the polybag, but I think this whole promo was an epic fail. I was over at TRU's facebook page today, and a few other people were bitching about the "one per family" thing at their store. 75 tickets per store? Based on the number of posters I saw around the store advertising this, I half expected there to none left when we went in on Tuesday night.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?