Target Clearance (YMMV) (CAN)

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Target Clearance (YMMV) (CAN)

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 am

legoeggo wrote:These clearances are pretty good for us, I usually pick up one or two of each set I like as long as there's still at least one left on the shelf. But I have to admit, if I was running Target I wouldn't be slashing by 50%. The aisles were practically empty even before the sale, they could have easily sold most of the stock without clearance or at least waited a while. Even at 25% they probably would have sold out. I really hope they stay in business, cause these sales are awesome.
Target operate differently then Walmart, they do not order cases after cases of toys like Walmart do. Once they sold out on what is on the floor, then that is it unless it is a hot seller. On the other hand Walmart order much bigger amount, and have a much bigger chance with dead stock that will eventually take up a lot of flex space. Target is trying to do this more often to attract more customers, like what Walmart did back when they started. Without these clearances, honestly, ask around and see how many people prefer them over Walmart if their pricing and discounts are the pretty much the same?
Toronadian wrote:
connor32997 wrote: The Heavy Lift Helicopter is normally $50, so it wasn't discounted! Walmart does this alot so you have to know what you are looking for and the list prices!
Remember, this is a Canadian thread. In Canada the original price for that set was $65. They have had the set on clearance in Canadian Walmarts for $50 for a while though it seems.
Been at $50 for months now, nothing special, just better then the average 20% off.
Brick75T wrote:They also seemed to have missed one Galaxy Squad set in the clearance... they have like 8 boxes left of that at full price.
The only set that was in their flyer at the time of clearance. They will eventually get rid of them, the question is when.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I got 2 constitution train + 1 batcave in Quebec City.

I almost missed the clearance deals, there's no sign except a really small red clearance tag on the boxes

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Zero (!!!) left in Orillia - was definitely not worth the trip up there... there are barely any regular priced sets left. Some other good deals on boardgames though...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Dirtbag
I'm New !

Post by Dirtbag » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Target Centre Laval (QC).

Many many sets on clearance. older LOTR, Chima, Super Heroes, Lone Ranger.

I picked up those :

6862 Superman vs Armor Lex - 12,49
9471 Uruk-hai Army - 19,99
79110 Silver mine shootout - 44,99

The Constitution Train was on clearance for 64,99$ only. Cheap, cheap.

They go out fast.

Big deals on other toys. Nerf blasters are soooo cheap I see no reason to buy at least one.

ymartin77
I'm New !

Post by ymartin77 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:02 pm

wintersun wrote:I got 2 constitution train + 1 batcave in Quebec City.

I almost missed the clearance deals, there's no sign except a really small red clearance tag on the boxes
Which Target? Was any train left? I didn't find any Lone Ranger sets at Laurier...
Last edited by ymartin77 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Dirtbag wrote: Big deals on other toys. Nerf blasters are soooo cheap I see no reason to buy at least one.

I also noticed big discounts on other toys, as well. If you're looking at any Hasbro toys or games (Nerf, Kre-o), you can save even more. Right now, Rice Krispies has a $10 off $25 purchase for Hasbro toys and games.

--
Marc.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

Went back today, found "Stphanie's Desk" Friends polybag set 30102 for 49 cents!

Still 4 Lone Ranger train sets on the shelf in Kingston @ $65.

--
Marc.

Eriador
I'm New !

Post by Eriador » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

ymartin77 wrote:

Which Target? Was any train left? I didn't find any Lone Ranger sets at Laurier...

At the Gallerie de la Capitale

today there were one train lone rider, 4 hobbit wrag attack, 5 batcave and few others left

ymartin77
I'm New !

Post by ymartin77 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

Eriador wrote:
ymartin77 wrote:

At the Gallerie de la Capitale

today there were one train lone rider, 4 hobbit wrag attack, 5 batcave and few others left
Thanks, I'll stop on my way home later!

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I grabbed the last Silver Mine Shootout at the Oakville Target thanks to this thread.

Also got Olivia's Treehouse and a Calvary Builder @ 50% off.

Thanks OP!

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Hillcrest Target has 4 Silver Mine Shootouts, and a few small friends sets, but that is it.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:49 pm

ymartin77 wrote:

Galerie de la Capitale, there was 1 train + 1 mine left thursday afternoon

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Anyone seen trains in the Hamilton -> Mississauga area?

ymartin77
I'm New !

Post by ymartin77 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:34 pm

wintersun wrote: Galerie de la Capitale, there was 1 train + 1 mine left thursday afternoon
Got there at 5PM and only 3 Cavalry and 1 Batcave left.

Best luck next time... I guess...

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Unlike Galaxy Squards, these round of clearance went pretty quick, I guess we have no chance to see, or reason for them to drop it to 70% off given there are nothing left for them to mark down.

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 am

dulait wrote:Unlike Galaxy Squards, these round of clearance went pretty quick, I guess we have no chance to see, or reason for them to drop it to 70% off given there are nothing left for them to mark down.
I believe everyone are picking up for either themselves or their kids during this holiday, even without discount anyway :lol: so this half price event is a bonus!

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Stopped in at Cloverdale Target today. Surprised to see some clearance items still around.

Got the pink brick bucket for $8.49 and the lone ranger cavalry builder set. Strangely enough they had last year's city ambulance that came up with no price on the checker units but scanned at $25 (full price) when I asked a sales associate to check on the portable scanner.

UnicornIRL
Peasant
Peasant

Post by UnicornIRL » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:48 am

The Mississauga Square One location was either picked clean or had nothing on sale, because, well, nothing was on sale. Not a single set had a clearance or sale sticker, and the sales associate didn't know anything about a sale. Then again, the last time Target had a Lego sale, the people working there were unaware of it.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:56 am

The Oakville store is officially cleaned out with the exception of a few Stagecoach Escape sets. I stopped by the Erin Mills location and grabbed another Calvary Builder but that was it; nothing else there.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:03 pm

UnicornIRL wrote:The Mississauga Square One location was either picked clean or had nothing on sale, because, well, nothing was on sale. Not a single set had a clearance or sale sticker, and the sales associate didn't know anything about a sale. Then again, the last time Target had a Lego sale, the people working there were unaware of it.
Square One location is one of the worst one around the area and should be avoided. They are always the first to be cleanned out of popular clearance sets. Associates are clueless, then again that can be said with alot of CSRs from other retailers. But being new and want to be competitive, most would think they could do better screening when they hire people. Guess not. From my experience, all the Targets are clean and tidy and should be since they are new, MOST of their cashiers are very friendly, some CSRs are nice at certain stores, they are willing to help even when they are clueless. For example, I asked a CSR if they have any Lego Lone Ranger sets, and was told that Lego do not have a Lone Ranger theme, but was willing to double check and help still. Funny. Better then some CSRs who just tell you straight out without checking that they do not carry it, or quickly brush you off then get back to chatting with their co-workers. *Cough* Squard one *Cough* To be fair, it really depends on who we ask, I guess who ever did the CSRs hiring at the Squard one store pretty much took anyone in without much thoughs.