LEGO Shop Boxing Day Deals?

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO Shop Boxing Day Deals?

Post by Bricksareforme » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 am

Legobrandon wrote:
Bricksareforme wrote:Holy doodles. 8 am? Yikes! Might be lines as bad as futureshop! I hope not.
To be honest, none of the big electronic stores are offering "eye-popping" deals these past years. The stuff that is in the Boxing Day flyers show up regularly in the weekly flyers and sometimes even cheaper. :eh:

I don't think boxing day is now a "sale day" but rather "wake up early and line up for items that aren't even discounted day" lol. ;-)

or "wake up in an ungodly hour, stand in line outside in the cold, for a chance to get something" day! :) the irony is that I might be willing to do it for Lego! no, no, im not. just kidding. :eek:

so do i have this right? Lego Canada/US online boxing day sale is 20% off some selected sets. Instore deal for Canadians is u get a scratchandsave card with every purchase, which can be used to stack on the onsale items. but sas cards are a first come basis.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:39 am

nice deal, too bad all the lego stores are in TORONTO!!!
maybe move one to kitchener or guelph!!!
lol

JJpach
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by JJpach » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:09 am

Excuse me but yawn :D Too spoiled with Zellers' recent sales and I don't see anything on the list that interests me: no 10xxx sets. The scratch card may be good but then an extra 10% of 20% off doesn't warrant much. My math probably isn't good. Say, for $100, the sale price will be $80, another $8 will make it $72. Good only if the 10xxx sets are on sale too.

josephliyen
Citizen
Citizen

Post by josephliyen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi all,

I just called my local Lego store and here's some information I found out:

The scratch cards are given out at the checkout for the first 300 customers in store, and ONLY applies to regular priced sets. If there is a set that's already discounted, it will not be stack-able.

They open at 8am and would not tell me which sets are going to be on sale, but I assume it is the ones that are listed here.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:45 pm

josephliyen wrote:Hi all,

The scratch cards are given out at the checkout for the first 300 customers in store, and ONLY applies to regular priced sets. If there is a set that's already discounted, it will not be stack-able.

They open at 8am and would not tell me which sets are going to be on sale, but I assume it is the ones that are listed here.
Thanks for the information, guess I can sleep in this boxing day, since there are nothing good sales at any retails.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Appreciate the info josephliyen. Guess it is pointless to visit the store if the sale and coupon don't stack.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:29 pm

No point - better to wait for next year's Black Friday deals... and sales around the year as well as other retailers!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm

josephliyen wrote:Hi all,

Oh boo! Darn 300 customers....im gonna chance it and get up early....im only gonna wait in line if im inside the mall, otherwise no way am i waiting outside. too bad its not stackable. seems stacking is very controlled in Canada for the most part. sucks. hope that changes with Target and Macys coming!

Thanks for the info tho. How u got thru on the phone, i have no idea. short of a miracle.

I am online on the Lego website right at 9pm, like an eager beaver, and i can't find a darn thing onsale on the list. am i missing something? :???:

Hansolo55
I'm New !

Post by Hansolo55 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Me neither, it's 9:18 on the west coast and I can't find any of the deals either! WTF?

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Hansolo55 wrote:Me neither, it's 9:18 on the west coast and I can't find any of the deals either! WTF?
yeah, and nothing changed in seasonal! i gotta hop on and off here to eat dinner. please post if u see something. tummy cant wait for lego discounts.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

You gotta add them to your cart to see the deals.

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 pm

sidersdd wrote:You gotta add them to your cart to see the deals.
OH MAN! seriously??? Thank u. if it had't been for u, i would be sulking like the Hulk infront of my computer.

MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:04 am

I can't tell if LEGO is trolling us. Most of the stuff on sale is sold out lol!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 am

Feels good not to be spending any money though :)
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 am

harry99 wrote:Feels good not to be spending any money though :)
I know what you mean. I still have Christmas to pay off first. At least, I can go to fill that Pick A Brick box any time after today.

Aladar
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Aladar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 pm

So do you have to buy something in order to get the coupon? Because buying a larger set at Canadian MSRP with a 20% coupon is kind of pointless, unless it's a 40% or 50%.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:31 pm

^You won't usually get 40% or 50% at the Lego Shop for larger sets... nowadays 20% is a 'huge' sale. There is a very limited number of 40% or 50% scratchers out there... might as well play the lottery.

Aladar
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Aladar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:58 pm

So then it's basically US prices.. still worth it, especially on the newer sets

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 am

Pulled a 10% off this morning. Picked up a few S9 minifigs and 2 of the 50% off minifigure presentation boxes. It was the first time I've seen the store so empty. :lol:

wilson32
I'm New !

Post by wilson32 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:19 pm

picked up the death star, 2x friend sets for the little girl, one small duplo set for the little chap, got 10 % sas, and used my $40 vip credit, saved $100, not to bad considering the sale was kind of lack luster, i was looking around the mall (Chinook) in calgary, boxing day sales and deals really seem to be a thing of the past.... now to start building.....