Hard to find sets @ 20-25% off

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Hard to find sets @ 20-25% off

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:21 am

In case people don't know...

@Walmart (free shipping on any of those sets)
  • LEGO Creator Expert Ferrari F40 - $89.90 (regularly $119.86)
  • LEGO Creator Expert Palace Cinema - $149.90 (regularly $199.86)
  • LEGO Ideas The Beatles Yellow Submarine - $52.00 (regularly $69.86)
  • LEGO Minecraft The Village - $187.40 (regularly $249.85)
  • LEGO Super Heroes Batman Classic TV Series Batcave - $247.40 (regularly $329.86)
  • LEGO Super Heroes The SHIELD Helicarrier - $299.90 (regularly $399.86)
  • LEGO The Simpsons House - $172.40 (regularly $229.86)
  • LEGO The Simpsons The Kwik-E-Mart - $172.40 (regularly $229.86)
  • LEGO Star Wars Assault on Hoth - $224.90 (regularly $299.86)
  • LEGO Star Wars Captain Rex’s AT-TE - $105.00 (regularly $149.85)
@Toys "R" Us (shipping is 2.02$)
  • LEGO Big Ben - $239.97 (regularly $299.99)
  • LEGO Minecraft The Village - $189.97 (regularly $249.99)
More sets on sale at the following links:

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: Hard to find sets @ 20-25% off

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:01 am

Amazon is matching at least some of these deals and offers unconditional free shipping.

These are great deals, thanks so much for sharing! Got myself the Big Ben I've been meaning to for so long, even though I've got no money!

TorontoDesignGuy
I'm New !

Post by TorontoDesignGuy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:52 pm

LEGO Creator Ferrari F40 is already sold out...darn shame, I really wanted one of these.

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:16 pm

I got Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart set, thanks a lot.

mjp_oz
I'm New !

Post by mjp_oz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Amazon is matching at least some of these deals and offers unconditional free shipping.

These are great deals, thanks so much for sharing! Got myself the Big Ben I've been meaning to for so long, even though I've got no money!
I missed out on the big ben I must have looked only moments after your post the other night. I cant see the sets that amazon is matching are you able to please post link or the corrects search terms to use. I find amazon is a pia to use for me I can never find what I want. Its like trying to sort shop.lego.com by price. It always fails since the website makeover

Thanks in advance

MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 am

mjp_oz wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote:Amazon is matching at least some of these deals and offers unconditional free shipping.

I missed out on the big ben I must have looked only moments after your post the other night. I cant see the sets that amazon is matching are you able to please post link or the corrects search terms to use. I find amazon is a pia to use for me I can never find what I want. Its like trying to sort shop.lego.com by price. It always fails since the website makeover

Thanks in advance
This is the link I personally use for LEGO on amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/search/ref=sr_ ... 59&lo=toys

(I type lego in the search box and selected Amazon.ca as the seller. There is some non-lego stuff since Amazon doesn't tag lego sets correctly if you select "LEGO" as an additional filter).

The Big Ben was available at Toys "R" Us, than Amazon.ca matched the price.
They are currently match Assault on Hoth, The Village, Kwik-E-Mart and Batman TV Classic Series - Batcave.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for the info and the link!

styledshadow
Citizen
Citizen

Post by styledshadow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:23 am

mjp_oz
I'm New !

Post by mjp_oz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm

MoneyHypeMike wrote:is the link I personally use for LEGO on amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/search/ref=sr_ ... 59&lo=toys

(I type lego in the search box and selected Amazon.ca as the seller. There is some non-lego stuff since Amazon doesn't tag lego sets correctly if you select "LEGO" as an additional filter).

They are currently match Assault on Hoth, The Village, Kwik-E-Mart and Batman TV Classic Series - Batcave.
yeah the minute i saw the post I went to tru and grabbed the helicarrier as $100 off that was a great price but even on friday night I was still late for that big ben. Maybe we will see it again I Hope.

Thanks lot for the link I really appreciate it. I find amazon likes to do weird stuff when I search but your links was awesome :) (when I lived in Australia i used to have to prime search and international shippers only etc)

MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:23 pm

mjp_oz wrote:
MoneyHypeMike wrote:is the link I personally use for LEGO on amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/search/ref=sr_ ... 59&lo=toys

yeah the minute i saw the post I went to tru and grabbed the helicarrier as $100 off that was a great price but even on friday night I was still late for that big ben. Maybe we will see it again I Hope.

Thanks lot for the link I really appreciate it. I find amazon likes to do weird stuff when I search but your links was awesome :) (when I lived in Australia i used to have to prime search and international shippers only etc)
Actually the best way to finds sets on sale on Amazon, in my opinion, is to use camelcamelcamel.com
I have added all the sets on my personal wishlist and asked it to give me an alert when it is at 20% MSRP. You can change the price as you want. The problem is that usually Amazon price match other retailers, they rarely do sales themselves!

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:36 pm

If only the US had massive sales like this. :cry:

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:46 pm

They do. All the time.

dspriggs
I'm New !

Post by dspriggs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Walmarts 2 packages arrived today
Simpson house was packed in box and arrived SAFE
Simpson Kwiki Mart :eek: that's another story....packed in plastic bag looked like it was dropped on one side then drop kicked to my door with a big hole in it lol ordered a new one

mjp_oz
I'm New !

Post by mjp_oz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:28 pm

MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Actually the best way to finds sets on sale on Amazon, in my opinion, is to use camelcamelcamel.com
I have added all the sets on my personal wishlist and asked it to give me an alert when it is at 20% MSRP. You can change the price as you want. The problem is that usually Amazon price match other retailers, they rarely do sales themselves!
if you have never used seen it before i also use brick badger http://brickbadger.com/ it gives a current listing of the best 100 amazon lego deals (and the latest 36ish newsest lego deals) I cant remember where I found it just was a few years ago.

My Helicarrier came from walmart today was also wrapped in plastic but luckily no damage and since its for me I have no real issue with box condition unless it was ripped or had holes. MY tru order is yet to ship (but since i missed the big ben..i just cant let that go lol) but am in no rush for that one.

Once again thanks for the links. If it helps just one of us find what we need its worth it :)

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 am

They cancelled my Simpsons order :(

dspriggs
I'm New !

Post by dspriggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm

got my second simpsons kwiki mart today boxed nice but still small dent i can live with
guess they sold out?

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm

I just received my Kwik-E-Mart. It was boxed, but badly crushed. How hard is it to put some padding into the box in addition to the product? I'm not going to do anything about it because I'm just planning on opening it to build it at some point, but at the same time, it would have been much nicer to get a big purchase like that in decent shape instead of damaged to the level that it definitely should have been discounted (more than it already was).

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:18 am

Shipping condition seems to be all over the place. I got my Kwik-E-Mart in great condition. Interestingly, Walmart took an existing shipping box and went to the trouble of reshaping it to fit my order. You'd think they'd have a selection of shipping boxes to use instead of devoting time to reshaping one. No padding inside though.

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 pm

sneaky07 wrote:Shipping condition seems to be all over the place. I got my Kwik-E-Mart in great condition. Interestingly, Walmart took an existing shipping box and went to the trouble of reshaping it to fit my order. You'd think they'd have a selection of shipping boxes to use instead of devoting time to reshaping one. No padding inside though.
Apparently they don't have boxes to fit the Kwik-E-mart. They shoved mine diagonally across the inside of the box to make it fit and with no padding.