Walmart.ca Clearance

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Walmart.ca Clearance

Post by mrbean » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:21 pm

In store picked up a Lonely Mountain set for $120, and Benny's Spaceship for $96, both 20% off.

At a different store also picked up Battle of 5 armies for $60, also 20% off. The Witch King battle was full price at both locations, and didn't see lake town at either.

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I succeeded in price matching a Spaceship down to $59 this morning. I printed out the page from the website, grabbed a spaceship off the shelf, and took it to customer service with the printout. The person working at customer service said that the printout needed to include a date. I pointed out that the date was in the bottom corner of it, and she price matched it no problem. The whole process took less than 2 minutes, including the wait to get a manager to approve the price change (apparently the change was more than the person I was primarily dealing was allowed to approve). There was still one more spaceship left on the shelf -- if it is still there the next time I am at Walwart I'll probably try to get it price matched again.

I also succeeded in picking up 7 more Lego towers and one more Duplo tower (the ones from Black Friday) at $40 each. My local store must have found some buried in their stock room and they just put them out in a random isle. My wife actually noticed them while looking for something else.

Ben

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:30 pm

FYI-a CSR at my local Walmart immediately said "oh we can't match from our site due to warehouse differences" so there may be new directives coming from management. I wasn't going to argue for a set I am not all that interested in.

mdoupe
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mdoupe » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

It all depends on the CSR. Some will do it, some will not. If you come up against one that will not, just come back later and you may get one who will.

I'm 4 for 6 price matching at Walmart in the last month.

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 am

Successfully price matched Benny's Spaceship for the online price at a store in Mississauga. Girl in electronics checked the site on my phone, and changed the price with no problem, on the spot. She didn't call for a CSR or anyone else.
I thanked her very much. :)

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 pm

I managed to price match Benny's Spaceship for the online price.

The Customer Service desk was way behind the tills, and the cashier said I could just do it at her till so I did. I showed her my printout from the website and she told me she didn't think they would price match Walmart.ca but she was willing to check for me. She went to Customer Service and the CSR okayed it. She came back asking if I had a cell phone to check the website. I don't have a phone with a data plan, but she was willing to call Electronics and have them check the site for me. They told her that it was a clearance item so she called the CSR again who okayed it again. So she scanned the item but the till required approval of the price change. The Service Manager came and she was unhappy about the CSR's decision but decided to honor it because it was already approved.

The whole episode took 10 min and I felt really lucky to get the set at this price considering all the hurdles.

This is definitely YMMV. Having an amazing cashier also helps.

legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legoda7 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 pm

friend managed to price match Benny Spaceship with Walmart.ca as well this weekend... :) last one at our store here in Sherbrooke. #dammit

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:11 pm

I tried to price match Benny's Spaceship tonight at Lougheed Mall and they wouldn't do it. :( They just said their policy isn't too match their website.

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 pm

AT-AT showed up on the Walmart.ca site today (saw it tonight) as being available online again for $64. Sadly however it kicked out an error message when you tried to Checkout after going through the process.

However, my wife was at a Walmart when I noticed this so she pulled up the online listing that still showed it in stock (even though it wouldn't if you tried to checkout), found a CSM that didn't really care about their "no price matching our own website policy" and managed to get the last one off the store shelf with a price match. My son is going to be a happy boy.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Benny's Spaceship went in stock for a minute a few weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I'm going to guess it is going to get cancelled again like my Town Hall. :-(

legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legoda7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:05 am

New Rollback: Star Wars - Ezra’s Speeder Bike (75090) is $19.86, down from $24.86. Picked one up! :)

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 am

These may be online-only, but you may have luck price matching.

Imperial Star Destroyer - $74
AT-AT - $64
Super Secret Police Dropship - $49
Benny's Spaceship - $59
Battle for Ninjago City - $69
Nindroid MechDragon - $54
NinjaCopter - $40
Sir Fangar’s Saber-tooth Walker - $24
Eris’ Fire Eagle Flyer - $19
Arctic Outpost - $29
Arctic Ice Crawler - $8
Roaring Power - $19
The Shellraiser Street Chase - $37
Witch King Battle - $8

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:18 am

PalaceBrother wrote:These may be online-only, but you may have luck price matching.

Imperial Star Destroyer - $74
AT-AT - $64
Super Secret Police Dropship - $49
Benny's Spaceship - $59
Battle for Ninjago City - $69
Nindroid MechDragon - $54
NinjaCopter - $40
Sir Fangar’s Saber-tooth Walker - $24
Eris’ Fire Eagle Flyer - $19
Arctic Outpost - $29
Arctic Ice Crawler - $8
Roaring Power - $19
The Shellraiser Street Chase - $37
Witch King Battle - $8
They aren't on the website any more.. how can you price match?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:23 pm

And Walmart doesn't price match their own website anymore. At least that is the official policy, some sales associates don't know or care, so good luck.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by dqfritzke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am

@PalaceBrother - from what I see most of those are not even listed on the walmart website anymorem which makes it difficult for any price matching. Does anyone else see the AT-AT listed for example?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 am

Sorry folks, looks like the deals disappeared very quickly after I posted that. I hope someone was able to nab them before they sold out.

Edit: It looks like some of the deals are still there. AT-AT & Star Destroyer among them.

I was able to price match against the website over the holidays, but I did have a similar experience as Hatcher a few weeks ago where a knowledgeable associate refused to price match against the site.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:32 pm

PalaceBrother wrote:Sorry folks, looks like the deals disappeared very quickly after I posted that. I hope someone was able to nab them before they sold out.

Edit: It looks like some of the deals are still there. AT-AT & Star Destroyer among them.

I was able to price match against the website over the holidays, but I did have a similar experience as Hatcher a few weeks ago where a knowledgeable associate refused to price match against the site.
Can you post links? I don't seem them anywhere

legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legoda7 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 pm

added to cart but can't checkout... :( got my hopes, there, buddy. :)

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 pm

legoda7 wrote:added to cart but can't checkout... :( got my hopes, there, buddy. :)
Oh that blows; I'm sorry. I've already got the sets so I didn't try to checkout.

I apologize for taking your tender hopes for granted! :)