[POLL] What do you think of our news coverage?

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!

Which areas would you like us to provide more coverage on?

Continue with News on Upcoming LEGO Sets
33%
LEGO Events & Contests
15%
MOC (Cool Creations)
10%
Reviews
12%
Sales & Deals
31%
Other (Please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 52

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[POLL] What do you think of our news coverage?

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 am

Featured Poll : June 2-8

We're always striving to improve our experience for our visitors and members. Toys N Bricks main focus is providing LEGO news on upcoming LEGO Sets. What do you think of our news coverage at Toys N Bricks? Is there areas where we should cover more of?

Which areas would you like us to provide more coverage on? As usual, comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

You may select all that apply.
  • Continue with News on Upcoming LEGO Sets
  • LEGO Events & Contests
  • MOC (Cool Creations)
  • Reviews
  • Sales & Deals
  • Other (Please specify)
Thanks for the vote !

*You cannot vote in the catergory Information - Toys N Bricks.
**You must be a registered forum member in order to vote. Registration is free & fast.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: [POLL] What do you think of our news coverage?

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:32 am

Out of the three I voted for, I'd have to say sales and deals are the most important to me. Most other LEGO fan sites are focused on MOCs and reviews. Sales and deals usually get pushed back or go unreported so I think that this could be something that Toys N Bricks could really capitalize on this. New sets are probably the next important because everybody is always on the lookout for what they can get next. This one is usually covered by everybody though so sales and deals are still the most important and most time sensitive issue.

There's my 2 cents.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:56 am

I voted for everything - I'm interested in most of the stuff you guys report on, though I'm mostly looking for sales and deals.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

yankeeken
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by yankeeken » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:54 pm

You've been great so far at reporting sales & deals and new sets. So, I voted for reviews as it seem to be the only part that your coverage is lacking.

bigtrainfan
I'm New !

Post by bigtrainfan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 pm

The most important thing should be sales and deals. Not many other websites provide much about that, so that is very important, especially with the economy trouble lately. Also new set coverage is a close second (and by close, I mean CLOSE - sales = 50.1%, new sets = 49.9%) on my priority list. I first found out about this site looking for just that. Those two topics should be the main priority.

However, I would enjoy seeing a great MOC more often on toysnbricks. I mean, who wouldn't?
~bigtrainfan~

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 pm

bigtrainfan wrote:The most important thing should be sales and deals. Not many other websites provide much about that, so that is very important, especially with the economy trouble lately. Also new set coverage is a close second (and by close, I mean CLOSE - sales = 50.1%, new sets = 49.9%) on my priority list. I first found out about this site looking for just that. Those two topics should be the main priority.
That was how it was for me. I followed a link here off of Brickhorizon and it seemed that every news article dealt with sales and deals and I followed up on them. I actually thought that was the main purpose of this site until I joined and found other little tidbits and MOCs, etc.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:52 am

Yeah, if you did a "MOC of the Week" post that would probably be enough... or one post every week with a "MOC Roundup" or something - I don't think each and every MOC that's of high caliber necessitates an individual news story. I could see Tuesdays having a "Weekly MOC Roundup" post and Thursdays having a "Weekly Review Roundup" post, with the rest of the news being "Rumors/Info", "New Set Finds", and "Sales/Deals", and then whatever site-specific news stories are necessary smattered about (announcements of new contests, voting, site upgrades, what-have-you.)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive