[Site News] Brickmaster $5 off $20 Codes

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Site News] Brickmaster $5 off $20 Codes

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 pm

TLG has requested us to remove all $5 off $20 Brickmaster coupon codes on our site as the Customer Services Team has received a number of complaints tied back to the invalid code. To reduce the number of calls TLG is receiving in regards to this code, Toys N Bricks will no longer listed these codes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would also like to ask that all forum members refrain from posting them anymore. Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/home/site-news-b ... -20-codes/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: [Site News] Brickmaster $5 off $20 Codes

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

If the code is invalid then why would it need to be removed?

Seems to me LEGO didn't like the fact people were smart enough to use the code 100 times each. They should have made codes one time use and specific to the magazine user.

mactnb
I'm New !

Post by mactnb » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:46 am

that's lame...it made me spend money on lego that I wouldn't have otherwise.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 am

I'm actually quite surprised it took this long.
They let it stay here for a long time.
I'm glad I got to use it as often as I did.
:ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 am

mactnb wrote:that's lame...it made me spend money on lego that I wouldn't have otherwise.
We all spend too much on Lego. That's why we're here. :lol:

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:If the code is invalid then why would it need to be removed?
The code works online but from what I heard, it doesn't work on the phone. Many people were mentioning that they got the code from us and probably complained why it doesn't work on the phone. TLG wants to reduce these phone calls so asked us to remove these codes to avoid more confusion.
Brick & Blue wrote: Seems to me LEGO didn't like the fact people were smart enough to use the code 100 times each. They should have made codes one time use and specific to the magazine user.
That is also another reason why TLG wants us to remove it. They don't want it to be "mass" use. Technically speaking, only Brickmaster subscriptions should get them and should be used only once or twice. This explains why the codes expires every few months and a new Brickmaster code can only be obtained by ordering a brand new subscription (in your welcome package).

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 am

Ice wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote: Seems to me LEGO didn't like the fact people were smart enough to use the code 100 times each. They should have made codes one time use and specific to the magazine user.
That is also another reason why TLG wants us to remove it. They don't want it to be "mass" use. Technically speaking, only Brickmaster subscriptions should get them and should be used only once or twice. This explains why the codes expires every few months and a new Brickmaster code can only be obtained by ordering a brand new subscription (in your welcome package).
Since Brickmaster is coming to an end, that doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe it's a false sense of entitlement, but with the amount of money AFOL spend at S&H, I don't feel the extra $5 was out of line. Yes there are the reward points, and I appreciate those too, but how often does Lego S&H have sales? Outside of the after Christmas 50% and last weeks sales on clearance stock the answer is next to never. The clearance area usually only has key chains and magnets, and the magnets are now glued! Lego S&H with a BOGO50%? Not likely.

Lego must make more money on direct sales then selling to retailers since the prices are usually the same in most retail stores (**cough** ToysRUs **cough**). No middleman for Lego at S&H. So other then maximizing profit, how can $5 for frequent buyers be a real problem?

Hey Lego sales department! My suggestion... T&B email list so Lego can email us $5 unique codes directly. :D