[POLL] What did you think about this year's Bricktober?

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!

What did you think about this year's Bricktober?

Awesome!
24%
Ok
54%
Hate it
16%
Don't Know / Care
5%

Total votes: 37

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[POLL] What did you think about this year's Bricktober?

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Featured Poll: October 25-31

This week's question is on the Bricktober event at ToysRUs. Did you like this year's Bricktober figures and sales? Or do you prefer last year's Bricktober Duplo Bricks instead? Did you manage to collect all 4 Bricktober figures this month? As usual, comments are more than welcome.

What did you think about this year's Bricktober?
You may select 1 of the following 4 options
  • Awesome!
  • Ok
  • Hate it
  • Don't Know / Care
Thanks for the vote!

*You must be a registered forum member in order to vote. Registration is free & fast.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: [POLL] What did you think about this year's Bricktober?

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 am

I think the magnets were nice.
Only got the imperial soldier.

Went to the Bricktober 500 saturday with my daughter.
She loved it.
I Got some good pieces too. :ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 am

I was happy about Bricktober for the most part. The third week was a little on the dry side for my tastes, but the other weeks had decent sales and promotions to go along with the free minifigures.

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I would've voted awesome except the fact that today I purchased a large Star Wars set on sale hoping to get the free brick bucket to donate to charity, only to find out that Star Wars is the only line that's excluded from the promo.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 am

Nannan wrote:I would've voted awesome except the fact that today I purchased a large Star Wars set on sale hoping to get the free brick bucket to donate to charity, only to find out that Star Wars is the only line that's excluded from the promo.
Really? I bought a Star Wars set, along with a couple others, last night in a B&M store and got the free brick bucket.

As to my thoughts about Bricktober, it was okay. There weren't any real amazing sales, but what can you do with the Christmas season so close? And I did manage to get all four magnets this year.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 am

Mantisking wrote:
Nannan wrote:I would've voted awesome except the fact that today I purchased a large Star Wars set on sale hoping to get the free brick bucket to donate to charity, only to find out that Star Wars is the only line that's excluded from the promo.
Really? I bought a Star Wars set, along with a couple others, last night in a B&M store and got the free brick bucket.
Yes the FREE LEGO Brick Bucket offer excludes LEGO Star Wars. I guess you got lucky. ;)

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:41 am

first week was the best but mostly because of the additional 20% off coupon which stacked with sale price.

third was okay, but second and fourth were mediocre at best. and the staff totally screwed up the magnet figure promo. some weeks i would get either the prior week's figure or future week's figure. and the final BF figure i couldn't even find in stores. had to resort to online purchase. i hate how the customer service and cashier all said oos when the promo should have just started. they probably thought prev week's figure was out and just repeated that statement on sunday.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am

The only thing I missed was the Lego candy bag, which was my fault as I went late in the week. My local TRU does have them in stock for sale this week though.

Uno Brick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Uno Brick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 pm

I suppose it was okay :? ...the other promos/sales were the main draw, otherwise, I wouldn't be spending $20 simply for a low quality magnet. I only go the Imperial Soldier in the first week, but with a Space Police HQ down to $50, i think it was a fairly good deal. :P
Check out MOCs by Uno Brick at: http://www.mocpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992150@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 pm

I was relatively disappointed that I didn't get the first magnet - so I didn't feel compelled to go back for the others.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

rogerwisco
Peasant
Peasant

Post by rogerwisco » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 am

I thought the different sales and promotions were decent enough to offer a small discount on MSRP instead of normal TRU inflated prices. That made picking something up to get the bricktober magnets at least a reasonable idea. The only sale I really took advantage of was the Woody's Roundup for 35.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Promo was okay. The real bugger was that SW sets were exempt that last week for the bucket promo.

I have the 2nd and 4th week magnets, I really wanted the first week's but I am sure to keep the black falcon.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.