Toysnbricks Shutting Down - Thank You for 9 Years (2009-2018)

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Toysnbricks Shutting Down - Thank You for 9 Years (2009-2018)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 pm

It is with sadness that we announce that Toysnbricks.com will be shutting down. Many alternatives have been thought over and to determine whether to continue the site partially with articles every now and then, redevelop it or shut it down. It takes a tremendous amount of work and personal time to run this site. Its not an easy task. We have set very high expectations for ourselves where our commitment is to run a high quality site with high quality content. It is very depressing to look at how outdated and worn out the site is. Its like an urban decay.

When the site was first started in 2009, we were very excited with everything that was related to LEGO. We looked for every single LEGO news item to share with the community and was never tired with looking for the various LEGO news, creations and sales. However, as the years went by, we just didn't have the passion, momentum and drive to continue running it. Messages and questions were not being responded to and development has stopped. Many parts of the site is broken and falling apart. We were planning to start winding down operations in 2016 and eventually shut it down in 2017. As such, you may have noticed that the site was no longer maintained or kept to a standard like in the earlier years. Yet, we still kept the site without much maintenance.

After a long and careful consideration, we have made a painfully difficult decision to just shut everything down. We're heartbroken that it has to end this way.  The website will be taken offline in the next few weeks but our Facebook and Twitter pages will be up for a little bit longer.

Thank you to everyone that has supported us over these past nine years including our loyal readers and forum members. You are all great and wonderful people and we're confident that you will all do great things and contribute well to society. Work hard, stay true to your core ethical values, stay away from bad influences and protect yourself from troublemakers. Each of you can make an impact to positively change the world and make it a better place for the next generation. See you all another time! (:

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/toysnbricks-shut ... 2009-2018/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Toysnbricks Shutting Down - Thank You for 9 Years (2009-

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:38 am

It's been a fun 9 years, I'm glad that I got to be a part of it for so long. Thank you for all of your years of hard work maintaining the site.

chanmic
I'm New !

Post by chanmic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:05 am

I'm so sorry to see you go, but I want to offer my heartfelt thanks for all the years of hard work you've put into Toys N Bricks. My family and I have enjoyed reading and checking for LEGO news here for many years. It's been a great source and community for a hobby we love.

legoda7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legoda7 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 am

Thank you for everything.

tremere
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tremere » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:27 am

I'd love to think this was just an April Fools joke, with recovery progress continuing tomorrow...but the time, dedication, and passion put into the site and community to keep this running for so long is anything but a joke. Thank you for allowing us to share in the fun of keeping up with our favorite hobby. We'll absolutely miss one of the most positive, thoughtful communities on the net.

c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 am

Thank you for all you did for the community, good luck in your future endeavors.

Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Francfurters » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Wow, all you guys above me just got tricked... hard

kevinzz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kevinzz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 am

thank you for all your hard work.

Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Francfurters » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 am

kevinzz wrote:thank you for all your hard work.
It was already confirmed an April fools joke lol

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 am

Glad it was a fool!