Suggestion to the Site

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Suggestion to the Site

Post by captainrex803 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 am

I've noticed over the past couple of months that we get a spam bots of sorts that posts advertisements to another website. I also notice that these all seem to occur around the same time. Is it at all possible to view the IP or just any information regarding where the spam accounts come from, so that you could ban that whole IP from making new accounts. If that is at all possible I think we can make this website a better place.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestion to the Site

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks captainrex. The site needs to be upgraded and changed. There could be a possibility that the forum software could be changed.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:52 am

Iccy wrote:Thanks captainrex. The site needs to be upgraded and changed. There could be a possibility that the forum software could be changed.
Is there a forum upgrade in the works or is that just a possibility? If there is an upgrade coming, could you turn off new accounts temporarily until the new software is in place to stop the spam?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Sorry with the late reply hatcher. That's a good suggestion. All new accounts are now being reviewed. Its a possibility but it will happen. Either a new forum software or something else.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 am

Okay, sounds good for now
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am

Iccy wrote:Sorry with the late reply hatcher. That's a good suggestion. All new accounts are now being reviewed. Its a possibility but it will happen. Either a new forum software or something else.
When you say new accounts, you don't mean guys like us, right? You mean posters with under 5 posts?