Why was YMMV and coupons combined?

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
minifigW
Knight
Knight

Why was YMMV and coupons combined?

Post by minifigW » Fri May 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Just wondering, any reason why the two sections where combined?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why was YMMV and coupons combined?

Post by Ice » Fri May 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi minifigW, the coupons forum does not get too many posts so that's why its been combined. The other forum that would be most relevant would be Sales & Deals.

geoffdude
I'm New !

Post by geoffdude » Sat May 23, 2015 11:44 am

I think the reason the "Coupon" forum/section was low on posts is that the use of Coupons is minimal by most. Now, this section (YMMV Deals Reports) will probably see a decrease too due to use of "Coupons" in the title.

I would suggest removing the word "Coupon" from the section title completely, it's just not appealing, and most won't bother to look/post here. Instead of improving the Coupon section post count you may have lowered the YMMV post count too.

LEGO IN-STORE DEALS - seems to work best.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Geoff

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 am

To me the forum should be called 'LEGO YMMV & Coupon Deals'.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat May 23, 2015 12:47 pm

geoffdude wrote:I think the reason the "Coupon" forum/section was low on posts is that the use of Coupons is minimal by most. Now, this section (YMMV Deals Reports) will probably see a decrease too due to use of "Coupons" in the title.

I would suggest removing the word "Coupon" from the section title completely, it's just not appealing, and most won't bother to look/post here. Instead of improving the Coupon section post count you may have lowered the YMMV post count too.

LEGO IN-STORE DEALS - seems to work best.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Geoff
I have to agree with this...

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Sun May 24, 2015 6:07 am

Coupons should be in with regular sales not ymmv. The coupons are usually insignificant so lots of folks don't care about them. I check out the ymmv section to find out when certain stores start doing their big discounts like 50% or more off. Coupons for 10-30% off are not exciting. The coupons should only be mentioned if Barnes and Noble is doing some big clearance sales and then they also have a stackable coupon on it... my 2 cents.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Forum name has been changed to LEGO In-Store Deals. (: