[POLL]When will you buy the new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wars?

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!

When will you buy the new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wars sets?

Already brought all of them at full price
13%
Wait for a 10-20% off sale
30%
Wait for a 21-40% off sale
50%
Wait for clearances when they're discontinued
7%

Total votes: 30

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[POLL]When will you buy the new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wars?

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Featured Poll : August 1-7

The new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wars sets are now available! All of them are great looking sets with cool new minifigures. But what about the prices? We've been seeing many frustration with members not happy with the prices. Let us know what you think! As usual, comments are more than welcome.

When will you buy the new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wars sets?

You may select 1 of the following 4 options
  • Already brought all of them at full price
  • Wait for a 10-20% off sale
  • Wait for a 21-40% off sale
  • Wait for clearances when they're discontinued
Thanks for the vote!

*You cannot vote in the catergory Information - Toys N Bricks.
**You must be a registered forum member in order to vote. Registration is free & fast.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

tikirobot
I'm New !

Re: [POLL]When will you buy the new 2010 Summer LEGO Star Wa

Post by tikirobot » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 am

Already bought the Wampa and Slave 1 from Lego.com and took advantage of the free shipping. I will certainly watch for the sales though.

MisterFubar
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MisterFubar » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 am

I checked the first option, but it's not entirely true. I don't mind full price on most of them, but I will not pay $50 for Cad Bane's speeder. Good thing it's at Target so I'm sure there will be a sale on it soon.

bpreles
I'm New !

Post by bpreles » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:49 am

If you are a Walt Disney World passholder, then this applies:

LEGO Imagination Center at Downtown Disney Marketplace - Receive 10% off all items.

Therefore, I chose the "wait for 10-20% off sale."

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 am

I will probably buy the Wampa Cave or the Slave I for full price, but the rest of the sets are just an orgy of Star Wars jacked up prices.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 am

I had a hard time choosing between 21-40% off and clearance - I will play it by ear and see in real life - but ultimately chose 21-40% off sale. With the huge amount of (justifiable) grumbling about the pricing on this wave, there may be a LOT of stock left at clearance time. That said, if I see stuff moving off the shelves, I might pick up the Slave I during a sale (although we all know SW is usually excluded from sales, so there's that...)

Regardless, I'm only really interested in the Slave I and Midi-Scale ISD, with a passing interest in Plo Koon's JSF (because I missed out on all previous JSFs so far) the Hoth Wampa Cave (because it would make a nice companion piece to Echo Base) and Grievous' Starfighter (because it's pretty freakin' awesome, has a Mon Calamari Jedi, new Grievous, new windscreen and has FIVE lightsabers!!!!111ZOMG).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 am

After getting back to Lego and being on this site, I have seen that Lego go on sale all year around. So I will will wait for the 21%-40% deals. Venator for 50% is as good as it gets for me right now since TRU is known to jack up their prices from MSRP. I think TRU had 50% on some starwars during black friday.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 am

slacker wrote:After getting back to Lego and being on this site, I have seen that Lego go on sale all year around. So I will will wait for the 21%-40% deals. Venator for 50% is as good as it gets for me right now since TRU is known to jack up their prices from MSRP. I think TRU had 50% on some starwars during black friday.
That's true, I wasn't yet out of my dark ages last Black Friday, so I don't know too much about all that.

DrBeaker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DrBeaker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 am

I ordered Greivous & the Hoth Wampa Cave from the webstore with free shipping already, as those are the two sets I am most interested in. I'll consider Plo Koon's JSF and Cad Bane's Speeder if they end up on sale or rollback.

Neither the Clone TT or the "new" AT-AT excite me and it would take a big sale for me to look twice at them.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am

Since I have convinced myself I am not going to collect LSW sets, Id have to vote for when they go to clearance.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

gunoz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gunoz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

I voted that I already bought them all at full price, but that's not entirely true. I had various TRU coupons and rebates that I was able to use which saved me roughly 15-20% per set. The only two that I paid full price for were the exclusive Cad Bane's Speeder & the Midi Star Destroyer. I happened to catch them the day they arrived in my local Lego store and couldn't resist. :lol:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am

gunoz wrote:The only two that I paid full price for were the exclusive Cad Bane's Speeder & the Midi Star Destroyer. I happened to catch them the day they arrived in my local Lego store and couldn't resist. :lol:
As long as you got VIP points for them, you still effectively got a discount (as long as you don't also count it as a discount when you use those points ;)).

twevans
I'm New !

Post by twevans » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:01 pm

I voted 21%-40% since my girlfriend already bought me the Slave 1 and the only other set I'm really interested in is the Midi Star Destroyer, but I'll probably wait for it to go on sale. Possibly will pick up one or two more sets if it's a really good deal.

Avenged110
I'm New !

Post by Avenged110 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 pm

I'll probably wait for a sale on the few that I want. I do, however plan on buying the Turbo Tank sometime this month...

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm

I would wait for a sale too. There isn't one I really must have right away.

chrisarbo73
I'm New !

Post by chrisarbo73 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:23 pm

21-40% for the Wampa Cave and Slave I, clearance or not at all on the others. Looking back at the last few years, it seems like just about every Lego set goes on sale at some point. Nowadays, these are produced in mass quantities, so no rush. I will be patient. On the other hand, some of the new city sets and any new modular buildings I will buy right when they come out at full price, just because I like them so much.
CA

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by imooumoo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Gotta wait till they go on a good sale, then buy them. If you wait till clearance, they will be sold out before you know it.

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:45 am

tikirobot wrote:Already bought the Wampa and Slave 1 from Lego.com and took advantage of the free shipping. I will certainly watch for the sales though.
Ditto.
I used to wait for sales, preferably 'clearance' but lately, I've gotten TOTALLY BENT OVER with regard to a couple of sets that I really wanted, that never went on 'clearance' and now have disappeared except for the secondary market.
So, now, I try to snag the sets that I REALLY want as soon as they come out and the others...well...I'll roll the dice and take my chances.

~Ogre
~ Ogre

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 pm

imooumoo wrote:Gotta wait till they go on a good sale, then buy them. If you wait till clearance, they will be sold out before you know it.
I agree imooumoo. My only problem is that I have to get Slave I for Christmas as I have one little boy that is allready asking for it. The Wampa cave is the same way but, a different little boy. So I am hoping they go on some sort of sale between now and then.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 pm

smilyremhof wrote:I agree imooumoo. My only problem is that I have to get Slave I for Christmas as I have one little boy that is allready asking for it. The Wampa cave is the same way but, a different little boy. So I am hoping they go on some sort of sale between now and then.
There's bound to be some good Black Friday deals... although, by then, the winter 2010 sets will probably be out.