TRU reward members gets 20% one-time use coupon

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

TRU reward members gets 20% one-time use coupon

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:28 am

Not sure if this is the right forum since this "offer" only applies if you're already a TRU customer who signed up for their rewards program...anyways, there's an email from TRU for 20% a single item and doesn't appear to be restricted to on any of the Lego sets, but it's in-store only and the coupon is one-time use so likely the coupon has unique codes or is perhaps tied to your rewards member #.

Anyhow, question is what's a good set to get for 20% that wouldn't otherwise be readily available at discount. I'm thinking one of the SW sets but let's hear your thoughts.

Admin: Please move post if this isn't the right area for this.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: TRU reward members gets 20% one-time use coupon

Post by natelite » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 am

not all members get the 20% off coupon. some will get $5 off coupon. there is no minimum purchase, so effectively you get $5 free lego if you get a small set. but price in the cost of gas to drive to a TRU store...not sure if it's worth it. :)

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 am

Yeah, I've received those $5 off coupons before. What's annoying is that if you get more than one $5 off coupon they don't let you use it on the same visit and worst it's spread out so that only one applies per month...but I guess a discount is a discount and if one were to buy anyhow it's better to have that in hand.

This is the first time I've seen the 20% coupon so it's worth signing up for their rewards membership. If you get a $100 set that's a decent savings and you're not forced into getting TWO like with the BOGO deals...question is which would be a good set to use for this type of coupon.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:38 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:Yeah, I've received those $5 off coupons before. What's annoying is that if you get more than one $5 off coupon they don't let you use it on the same visit and worst it's spread out so that only one applies per month...but I guess a discount is a discount and if one were to buy anyhow it's better to have that in hand.

This is the first time I've seen the 20% coupon so it's worth signing up for their rewards membership. If you get a $100 set that's a decent savings and you're not forced into getting TWO like with the BOGO deals...question is which would be a good set to use for this type of coupon.
worth it if it was valid online as well. free shipping = no gas cost. use on one of those available online only set. :D

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 am

Nope, in-store only...they want you to spend on gas AND buy something else while you're there. :lol:

Zithy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Zithy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:Yeah, I've received those $5 off coupons before. What's annoying is that if you get more than one $5 off coupon they don't let you use it on the same visit and worst it's spread out so that only one applies per month...but I guess a discount is a discount and if one were to buy anyhow it's better to have that in hand.

Interesting, my local TRU lets me use all my $5 coupons on the same visit. Sometimes I have to do two different purchases, but they've always taken them.

Yesterday, I even forgot about them in my shirt pocket. Paid and was at the door when I remembered. Went back, handed them to the checker and she went to a register. A few minutes later she comes back and hands me almost $21 (included the tax). Had no problem at all.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 am

Did you get the coupon in an email or it actually came by mail? the $5 and $10 coupons I get are by mail.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 am

slacker wrote:Did you get the coupon in an email or it actually came by mail? the $5 and $10 coupons I get are by mail.
The $5 coupons comes in the mail. the 20% one-time use coupon was via email.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

Zithy wrote:
Interesting, my local TRU lets me use all my $5 coupons on the same visit. Sometimes I have to do two different purchases, but they've always taken them.

Yesterday, I even forgot about them in my shirt pocket. Paid and was at the door when I remembered. Went back, handed them to the checker and she went to a register. A few minutes later she comes back and hands me almost $21 (included the tax). Had no problem at all.
You're either 1) lucky they're not checking the effective date for those coupons OR 2) It works differently from region to region OR 3) each store has their own policy. Either way, that works out well for you!

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

slacker wrote:Did you get the coupon in an email or it actually came by mail? the $5 and $10 coupons I get are by mail.
I received a 20% off any 1 item from TRU in the mail (In-store Only). It is only good from July 2-25. I believe I received it at the beginning of July or end of June.

gunoz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gunoz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 pm

sweener wrote:
I received a 20% off any 1 item from TRU in the mail (In-store Only). It is only good from July 2-25. I believe I received it at the beginning of July or end of June.
Same here, 20% coupon came in the mail and I used it on the new TRU exclusive AT-AT Walker.

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 pm

with the $5 off coupon... combined with the current BOGO 50% off...
you can get two city small cars for $1.25 each.
$5 each, $7.50 for the pair minus $5, $2.50 for the pair, $1.25 each + tax.

or a free TS alien 30070 ($3.99).

i wish i had the 20%!!!
my TRU has the new SW stuff...
wouldn't mind to use it there.

or they still had one of the AT-TE,
even tho they jacked the price to $100,
$20 off would be nice for a set that's out of production!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 am

I received another Rewards R Us 20% off coupon email, valid only today and tomorrow - so check your inboxes, people!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 am

vynsane wrote:I received another Rewards R Us 20% off coupon email, valid only today and tomorrow - so check your inboxes, people!
I received one as well! Woot. This is why it pays to sift through all those stupid coupon emails that all those stores send you every single day.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 am

I am a rewards r us member and did not get the coupon...is it a one time use only?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 am

I also didn't get the 20% off coupon. maybe I don't buy enough diapers :D

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:09 am

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be an everyone-at-once coupon. They're probably skewed based on your 'join date' to the rewards program. I didn't get the previous one, but I got the most recent one.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive