LEGO Holdiay 2013 Sales (Further Reduced)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Holdiay 2013 Sales (Further Reduced)

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 pm

techmiser wrote:I was in live chat and the sets went OOS from Amazon before they looked it up. Chat is *really* slow--they are probably having 10 chats at a time, so the lag between communications is high and with Lego. Anyway, it sucks that the price adjust is so "real time." I wonder if it would help if I put the affected sets in my cart before chatting/calling. Does it hold the product for you for a few minutes it would take to get CS to look at your cart to confirm the price?
If you add something to your cart and aren't in the checkout process the price will change.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:26 am

Cyber Monday deal on the Galactic Titan for $60 = amazing!

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:12 am

76004 Spiderman Spidercycle Chase is currently 41% off at 11.89 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes ... +spiderman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:31 am

Galactic Titan is cheaper at target.com. $70 + additional 20% off = $56. + red card discount if you have one plus ebates.

Spider-Man cycle is the same too. $14 + 20% = $11.20. Red card discount and ebates make it even cheaper. Almost all non exclusive lego sets are now close to 50% off. Crazy sale! Guess that's why lego got rid of resellers. They want to keep the big retailers by giving them bigger discounts over msrp for the standard sets and enforce a no sale policy over the exclusives.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:41 am

That extra 20% off at Target.com is only if you spend $100+. So, those aren't better deals if you just want one smaller set (or two), and/or don't have a red card (and I'm irked it doesn't apply to the newer sets hehe).

I'm still surprised by how many people swear by ebates. I had nothing but problems there; ended up using Swagbucks for online shopping, and still haven't had to waste time sending 10 emails back and forth to get my "big fat check" but I suppose different strokes!

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 am

Target prices aren't bad if you have redcard

Constitution $72 before 20% (>100) and 5% red card = $54 after + taxes
Rancor Pit $39 before = $29 after + taxes
Pirate Ship Ambush $71 before = $53 after + taxes
AT-TE sold out online

etc ...

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 pm

techmiser wrote:I was in live chat and the sets went OOS from Amazon before they looked it up. Chat is *really* slow--they are probably having 10 chats at a time, so the lag between communications is high and with Lego. Anyway, it sucks that the price adjust is so "real time." I wonder if it would help if I put the affected sets in my cart before chatting/calling. Does it hold the product for you for a few minutes it would take to get CS to look at your cart to confirm the price?
I thought the same thing...it's almost better to order it then contact them to cancel/adjust to ensure it doesn't go oos or change price... If they would rather pay more shipping costs because of this, then so be it... Annoys me I have to have a hold on my card because amazon wants to protect itself from having to honor more price adjustments...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.