USA Toys R Us LEGO Sale - 38% off TMNT Baxter Robot Rampage

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: USA Toys R Us LEGO Sale - 38% off TMNT Baxter Robot Ramp

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:01 pm

The two smallest Lone Ranger sets are not on sale.

The big Castle is $75 at mine, and the small Castle set for some reason is 25%. I was amazed by how many of everything they had. Very not like TRU.

However very much like TRU the Forest Police Station for the new low hot price of $80! The normal price and I have seen it for $45-$55 a lot and still never bothered. (Would have if it had a garage door.)

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm

brickarmor wrote:
slisa51 wrote:This Is a great sale. I am holding out for Saturday when cardholders get an additional 10% off, or 25% off is you sign up for the card that day.
This Saturday discount: where are the details? Is the % off only for certain items, I.e. only those already on sale?
Not a good idea. I just got back from TRU and almost all the 50% set are gone already!!!! :cry:

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:18 pm

I found a 15% off regular priced purchase coupon. You can't use it on the sale items but it'll help on a polybag or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by brickmont13 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Darn! No such special sale at my store. A very select few sets were 25% off, but not 50% off (excluding the TMNT set) and not nearly as many sets as are listed here. No luck for me, I suppose.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:35 pm

I couldn't believe my local TRU had lots of the sale sets in stock. I'll probably go back tomorrow and pick up the Lone Ranger sets I haven't bought yet. They also had the new Hobbit sets, but as much as I want them I spent my money on sets that were on sale. This was a good sale, and I hope its just the beginning.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Oh yeah my TRU had the four new Hobbit sets too, but no new NinajaGo, however I don't remember seeing any either, so what would I know. :lol:

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 pm

2 of my local TRU's did not have the little flags showing they were marked down, but they still were; I just had to get a price check. One of them also had all the new Hobbit sets on the sales floor but when I went to check out, they could not sell it to me. Supposedly they could not sell it until December 1st. I just bought today and yesterday a ton of the castle sets that were on sale. Even with the regular markup, the deals were pretty good.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:40 am

brickster90 wrote:Darn! No such special sale at my store. A very select few sets were 25% off, but not 50% off (excluding the TMNT set) and not nearly as many sets as are listed here. No luck for me, I suppose.
Most of the sale items listed will be discounted when scanned, it's just not advertised on the shelves. They'll price match the website AND one transaction I just showed the cashier the pictures posted above in this thread and that's all it took to get the discount.

I wish they had these deals during Bricktober!! Has anyone else noticed the bajillion minifig packs priced at $20? :lol:

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 am

brickmont13 wrote:I found a 15% off regular priced purchase coupon. You can't use it on the sale items but it'll help on a polybag or something.
My local store manager let me apply this to the 50% off deals, and also get a Christmas tree PER $20 spent, enabling me to pick up $250 (MSRP) worth of LEGOs for $120, after using my reward bucks also.

People who hate TRU probably just haven't cultivated their local store manager properly. The ones in my area are great, nice and always happy to help.

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:11 am

ninjagoyo wrote:
brickmont13 wrote:I found a 15% off regular priced purchase coupon. You can't use it on the sale items but it'll help on a polybag or something.
My local store manager let me apply this to the 50% off deals, and also get a Christmas tree PER $20 spent, enabling me to pick up $250 (MSRP) worth of LEGOs for $120, after using my reward bucks also.

People who hate TRU probably just haven't cultivated their local store manager properly. The ones in my area are great, nice and always happy to help.
That's another problem with TRU, they have no consistency. Some managers had no problem over riding the Dec 1st street date for the new Hobbit sets while others refused to sell them and followed the rules. If you have a nice manager who will bend the rules that's great for you but for a lot of people they won't since it costs them money.

Personally I would rather TRU have MSRP on ALL Lego sets and in return have half as many BOGO and sales. As is they just look bad constantly having sales and deals but jacking up the prices of sets right before to compensate.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 am

brickarmor wrote:
slisa51 wrote:This Is a great sale. I am holding out for Saturday when cardholders get an additional 10% off, or 25% off is you sign up for the card that day.
This Saturday discount: where are the details? Is the % off only for certain items, I.e. only those already on sale?
Every Saturday from now until I think the holidays, TRU is giving TRU CC users 10% off. If you don't have the TRU CC you get a one day 15% off coupon when you sign up that stacks with the 10% off.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

brickster90 wrote:Darn! No such special sale at my store. A very select few sets were 25% off, but not 50% off (excluding the TMNT set) and not nearly as many sets as are listed here. No luck for me, I suppose.
Did you scan the sets? Mine had no signs posted anywhere but all the sets scanned at the 50% off price.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:23 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:

Lucky! You got 6 X-mas tree poly bags from one transaction?!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Lucky for you guys in the states, all we have this comming week is the tree poly bags. None of these 50% off deals.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

SlickP wrote:
Did you scan the sets? Mine had no signs posted anywhere but all the sets scanned at the 50% off price.
No, didn't scan any. I just might do that...

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 am

brickmont13 wrote:
ninjagoyo wrote:

Lucky! You got 6 X-mas tree poly bags from one transaction?!
I restricted myself to three. Didn't want to be greedy.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 am

Baxter is $24.99 on the website also for those who can't find in store:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... 6.10971509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperBricks
I'm New !

Post by SuperBricks » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:33 pm

As usual my local Toys R Us stores (there's like 3 within a reasonable area) share exactly ZERO of these deals. In fact all the "sales" at my local stores are just them going to normal instead of the exploded price.
I really wanted a $30 Hoth and that $70 (with coupon) Sail Barge but of course, 100% the price at my local store.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Sadly no Christmas Tree polys left at my store, I should have gone earlier in the week, but sadly didn't have time. I hope they get more in as I'd like to at least buy a few.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 pm

So after typing this message I thought to look online and see if there was availability. Sure enough I was able to buy 3 with store pick up at the same store where I saw none and even asked a SA if they had any left. Well at least the price is $3.99 online and I got 15% off, which is better since my store probably has them listed as $4.49.

I did get an order pick up notice so I guess I'll see what I get tomorrow...although slightly annoyed that I have to go back!