Walmart.com messed up with crazy low pricing

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart.com messed up with crazy low pricing

Post by Athos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am

Did anyone successfully snag a LotR pirate ship they'd be willing to sell to me at cost? Or even double cost? :angel:

Steve

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 am

Holy cow I got the email saying my in store pick up was ready. $22 for Unexpected Gathering and Lone Ranger train is amazing.

Edit: looks like just the train is ready and Gathering won't be available until next week. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.
Last edited by Penguinomf on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

aquserone
I'm New !

Post by aquserone » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 am

Anyone successfully get LOTR Tower of Orthanc? Lucky if you did.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 am

Oh darn I missed the train. I'm trying to add LEGO Lone Ranger Stagecoach to my cart. At 60% that's pretty good.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 am

Prices are back to normal now.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 am

I imagine there are some heads rolling over at Walmart.com this morning. Feel sorry for all the IT folks there. I'll bet someone was updating prices, and didn't properly constrain the update query, and then forgot to check the number of records updated before they committed the result. Interestingly, searching around on the web reveals very few news articles about this screwup so far.

I don't really care if they cancel my order, as long as they give me something for it, like maybe a few sets at 50% off. Funny, at first I thought it was a real sale, as I was checking the price of Comanche Camp, and saw it at $10.99 which would be a legitimate sale price (45% off). But then I noticed Stagecoach Escape was $10.99, which seemed weird, and then something else was $369.99...

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 am

Most of my orders have gone from processing to cancelled at Walmart.com. Two left but I'm not sure I want to drive out and attempt to "beat the clock" only to have them tell me they are also cancelled.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:04 am

Did you guys really get the sale? I tried it, against my own advice and was the payment portion of the site would reject the submitted request, by any means of payment. Hasn't worked since trying at 4:00 AM. Alls good.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:09 am

It wasn't just Legos. I saw a TV for 8.xx

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:22 am

Looking now, never seen so many legos sets at $369.00. :)

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

I was able to see the prices early this morning but could not select local pickup even though the items were showing as in stock at Wal-Mart near me.

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:40 am

I placed an in-store pickup for 3 of the Wargs sets. Got the confirmation msg that they were ready for pickup, but when i got there they'd cancelled two of them and honored one. Can't complain.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 am

Is this a promotional stunt I wonder, since black friday is just around the corner. But congrat to those that did not get a cancellation notice. If they did, then like NiceMarmot said, I hope you guys get compensated.

podgi237
Citizen
Citizen

Post by podgi237 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm

I got 1 House of Elrond for $10.98 that says it'll be ready Monday. All the big stuff was gone by the time I saw this. But just hope my order will continue to go through!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 pm

All online orders will be canceled and in store I think will be based on how much you ordered and what store you are getting them at.

It was everything on the site, to the point why wasn't the site just closed? They had 2-3 TB hard drives, normally $100+ for $20.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Reading on SD, several people got $300 50+ HDTVs picked up this morning. Lucky folks :)

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

I'd rather have had the Lego myself...

Steve

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Its not over fellas...

http://gma.yahoo.com/walmart-website-er ... deals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Didn't make out as well as I could have if I had tried for an early start, would've been a good day to call in sick.
Placed one larger order with 4 sets and that new Disney video game early, then thought I might draw less attention with three separate smaller orders with one item each, all were store pick-up. I watched the threads closely and knew people were having more success getting there early but couldn't leave work till 2 pm. Of all my orders only the last two listed a ready for pick up option, the others had cancelled, but I held out hope and drove the 25 miles to the first stop. Everything was going smoothly, csa looked up my order, went to the back room, came back and looked again, and then another csa looking over her shoulder said "Oh it's one of those." I then noticed the cart full of items from the slickdeals threads going back out to the shelves. I was able to get a $20 GC out of it for the trouble. The manager thought this could be a Black Friday list mistakenly going online early, but I doubt that. Next stop I had a little more luck for whatever reason (maybe because it was a smaller set?), and walked away with the Black Gate which was waiting for me for $10.66. One set and a gift card, could've been better, but I'm happy.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Wow, looks like several folks are making out that bandits, getting $500+ worth of legos for 80%, if they used store pick-up at walmart, and got there early:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6391528-lego-lo ... 99-walmart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The pricing abnormalities were caused internally, said Ravi Jariwala, a Wal-Mart spokesman.

If the Bentonville, Arkansas-based chain doesn’t process the orders, it risks alienating customers who thought they were getting legitimate deals. Jariwala said the company hasn’t decided whether it will honor prices for items already ordered"

I wonder if the $10.99 Tower of Orthanc will be honored? Since Walmart stores don't carry that one.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-0 ... tdown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Marcus70 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.