850487 LEGO Halloween Accessory Set Zombie, Witch, Ghost

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
StClair
Count
Count

850487 LEGO Halloween Accessory Set Zombie, Witch, Ghost

Post by StClair » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 pm

LEGO shop at home has these marked down to $10.48
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Halloween-Ac ... ng=listing
Set includes the Witch, Ghost and Zombie (also small tombstone). I'm curious if they will last long enough to be marked down lower or if they will sell out soon.

Howeesp
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 850487 LEGO Halloween Accessory Set Zombie, Witch, Ghost

Post by Howeesp » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Grab it while you can

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Some days, I wonder about LEGO's marketing. Halloween is right around the corner---8 weeks away. And they are clearancing them now? I realize the new pirate pack is out, and they may not have space for both of them at the same time. Maybe the halloween pack sold slower than expected? But still. To me this is like clearancing Christmas lights the first week of November, right before the shopping season starts.

I don't get it. They are sowing ill-will by pinching dollars with the 10% off coupon exclusions, yet letting go of a sure fire Oct seller 4 weeks early. I don't get it.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 pm

May not be that early... Most general merchandise stores around here are already starting to put their Halloween stuff out. The timing may actually be right on the money, so to speak.

mesir
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mesir » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:59 am

SpaceViking is talking about the clearance pricing, and not the release of this set. This set has been available since last August, though, which might better explain the discount.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:58 am

Perhaps they have a 2013 Halloween accessory set coming out and they need to clear out the old?

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 am

mesir wrote:SpaceViking is talking about the clearance pricing, and not the release of this set.
Yeah, so was I. ;-) He was questioning why it was being clearanced now, so "early", I offered why that may be. Wasn't talking about the original release at all.

mesir
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mesir » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 am

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:32 am

Good points, all.

I guess what I dont understand is: I see the new 'no 10% off coupon on Exclusives' as TLG trying to capture some of the after-market gain on high-priced sets prior to EOL. That is, if there are people willing to pay double for a set like Horizon Express after it goes out of production, why should they discount it prior to that point. This same thinking isnt carrying over to the Halloween pack, though. Once the Halloween pack is no longer available from LEGO, it will likely jump up to $20. They are selling for $16 on amazon/ebay, right now, in fact. So, why is TLG accepting a 28% cut on a set like this, that is showing strong aftermarket support and yet they are removing the 10% discount on large sets? It just seems inconsistent to me.

(and this is rhetorical question. I'm not sure even TLG could give me an answer I would fully agree with. I suspect that they would actually be clearancing all of the monster fighter sets right now, except Halloween is just around the corner so they are holding off. My closest lego store actually had them at 20% off in July, but they are now back to full price. Except the minifig pack, which must be the slowest seller of the bunch. Maybe I underestimate how many they still have in stock.)

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 am

The set was on sale for 11.99 a few days ago. I was hoping it would drop again but perhaps you're right, Viking, I should jump on this deal.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 am

brickmont13 wrote:The set was on sale for 11.99 a few days ago. I was hoping it would drop again but perhaps you're right, Viking, I should jump on this deal.
I think that was a mistake, the beach one was $10.48 and I think they wanted it to match.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I was wondering the same as crewser... if maybe they are replacing it with another halloween related minifigure pack. I do doubt it though because I've noticed a New pirate minifigure set on the LEGO shop at home site (4 pirates.. 1 pirate captain, 2 pirate generic sailors and a female pirate) for 14.99. Its listed under exclusives (link is here http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Classic ... ng=listing ). It would be great is they had another Halloween set to replace it because I do love the monsters and mythical minifigures but I doubt we would be so lucky.
I've bought over 15 of them over the past year and sold the figures individually and made a slight profit although mostly they just added variety to my ebay listings and encourage more traffic and multiple purchases (for shipping discounts). They've sold really well for me. I purchased 7 with the plans of doing the same. I would like to buy a few more since the zombie, ghost and witch may be hard to find in the future and save them as an investment but I'm curious about the price dropping again. It really depends I think upon how many they have in stock. They may never drop lower than this. They may not sell out for a month or they may sell out this weekend... one never knows. I'm definitely saving one for myself for my minifigure collection.
Like SpaceViking I thought the timing of the discounted price was odd too. They've also listed a Halloween pumpkin build for 4.99. It is also listed under Exclusives (link here... http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Halloween-Pu ... ng=listing )
I'm just hoping the Haunted House sticks around for awhile. Its #1 on my list of wants but I can't afford it right now.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:10 pm

GAHHHH I can't decide how many to order. :crazy:

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:43 am

Cant believe i bought two a month ago. Darn you lego sales!!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:50 am

A zombie minifig itself already costs $8 - $10 plus shipping at secondary market. At this reduced price, it is supposed to be sold out very quick. However, it is still available at local store or online store. I guess the store got plenty of this in stock.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 am

I am surprised that the Halloween set is still in stock. I ended up picking up 2. I should have bought a few more to create a zombie army.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:53 am

krayzie wrote:I am surprised that the Halloween set is still in stock. I ended up picking up 2. I should have bought a few more to create a zombie army.

I already picked up three but if they're still available for 2 x VIP point I might pick up more :lol: