[USA] LEGO Gungan Sub on sale for 24% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] LEGO Gungan Sub on sale for 24% off

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Amazon America currently has LEGO Star Wars 9499 Gungan Sub on sale for $53.49 (reg.$69.99). Savings work out to be 24% off. Free shipping on orders above $25 and no tax for most states.

LEGO Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider is also down to $60.99 (reg.$79.99) which works out to be 24% off. More of their hottest LEGO deals can be found here.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-gungan- ... or-24-off/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] LEGO Gungan Sub on sale for 24% off

Post by SquareSide » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:16 am

This darn thing has been like $55 at Walmart for quite awhile. Very dull set to me. I'd bite at around $30 if ever.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Minifigs drive this set so I don't think you will see it drop that low. Everyone loves the amidala from this set
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Exactly, her alone is probably worth $30. There are blog posts that explain LEGO Star Wars flipping where people buy a set for MSRP or on sale and then sale the minifigures and almost get the pieces for free because the minifigures sell for so much.

bryceejones
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bryceejones » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:54 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Exactly, her alone is probably worth $30. There are blog posts that explain LEGO Star Wars flipping where people buy a set for MSRP or on sale and then sale the minifigures and almost get the pieces for free because the minifigures sell for so much.
Average for her seems to be in the $20-25 range on ebay but the point is still valid. From looking at typical selling prices you should be able to get $40 or so out of the minifigs alone on average. I've actually purchased a number of sets minus the minifigs for next to nothing to use as parts packs. Quinn Jets for instance for less that $20 at times shipped.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 am

After posting I'd get this set at around $30 my Walmart(YMMV?) just clearanced it for $40 and I bit. xD I still needed the Queen and Jar Jar(is that a good thing IDK), Qui Gon and Padawan Obi ain't too bad. As far as the ship... maybe when I build it I'll feel better about it like the Pod Racer set.