Target in store clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Target in store clearance

Post by smilyremhof » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Still looking for the Galatic Enforcer, if anyone can find it. Thanks, I would have a very happy little boy for Christmas if I could find it on sale.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:25 pm

smilyremhof wrote:Still looking for the Galatic Enforcer, if anyone can find it. Thanks, I would have a very happy little boy for Christmas if I could find it on sale.
I have seen it on sale numerous places in my location, but still at the 30% off price of $69.99...I am waiting until it drops to 50% off before I pick up one for myself.

In other news, I hit up a Target store if hadn't been to yet, and saw TIE Defenders there on clearance for $34.99. All the other 5 Target stores I visited didn't have them on clearance..what gives? Do individual Target stores roll out the clearance sales whenever they feel like it? Would be great if I could pick up a TIE Defender for $25...but even that seems overpriced to me.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:56 pm

I would definitely pick up the TIE defender for $25. From what I've heard store clearances vary from store to store. It probably has a lot to do with sales history on each item versus remaining stock. The two Targets I have in my vicinity have very different prices on things right now.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:14 am

I was at Target in Spring Valley and the only star wars clearance was the Venator for $84 which I picked up. It was the last one. They had power miners for sale. only 30% right now. They just started. they are on the Lego aisle and the clearance aisle. Target in NJ had the Y-wing for $41. I'm waiting for the 50% if there will be anything left. In this area, things are gone at 20%

gunoz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gunoz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Checked in several Target stores on Long Island Sunday, none of the Star Wars or Prince of Persia is stock, including the Endor set, were in clearance.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Target In Nyack only had one Venator and lots of alliance tank droids at 30%. Interesting how another target about 3 miles away had two other series on clearance.

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 pm

can anyone else confirm the 7598 Pizza Planet Delivery Truck at Target (in store only) for $25? that's 37.5% off!

i saw it there (SW austin, TX) today, but i've been in a few other targets recently, and hadn't seen that price anywhere else.

astronautravi
Peasant
Peasant

Post by astronautravi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

My target had Army men on Patrol for 7 or so. 30% off.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:20 pm

smilyremhof wrote:Still looking for the Galatic Enforcer, if anyone can find it. Thanks, I would have a very happy little boy for Christmas if I could find it on sale.
Check your local walmart, mine had several of these for 50% off, I got the last one a week or two after that for 70% off.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:49 pm

I went to Target today and the only LEGO sets left in the aisle were the TIE Defender, all four of the Star Wars Battlepacks, two smaller Atlantis sets, and the Ben 10 stuff. The rest was EMPTY. There were about 20 different little clearance tags. I missed out big...
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm

I was hovering over some 30% clearance stuff at my local Target for the past few weeks and it finally paid off big-time today - got two SP3 Hyperspeed Pursuit, three SP3 Galactic Enforcer, three Power Miners Titanium Command Center and two Racers Tiny Turbos 'Chopper Jump' sets all for 50% off.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 pm

vynsane wrote:I was hovering over some 30% clearance stuff at my local Target for the past few weeks and it finally paid off big-time today - got two SP3 Hyperspeed Pursuit, three SP3 Galactic Enforcer, three Power Miners Titanium Command Center and two Racers Tiny Turbos 'Chopper Jump' sets all for 50% off.
I have moved the second portion of your post to the Buy/Sell/Trade Forums. You may want to edit the post a bit if neccessary such as adding more details.

But you are more than welcome to sell it here in the forums to other members. Just remember to leave feedback in the Straight Shooters List for transactions completed at Toys N Bricks. ;)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am

Sweet, thx.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:40 am

Finally found the Fight for the Dagger at 50% last night. Picked up that and the tri-fighter droid that LA reviewed a week or so ago. I've got a Saturday afternoon date with my kitchen table!
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 am

possum wrote:Finally found the Fight for the Dagger at 50% last night.
Nice - I plan to pick some PoP stuff up when it gets marked down by me.
Picked up that and the tri-fighter droid that LA reviewed a week or so ago.
This one, too - and my local store has a LOT of them still on the shelf. Anyone know when the tri-fighter originally came out? Is it nearing end-of-shelf-life?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 am

vynsane wrote:
Picked up that and the tri-fighter droid that LA reviewed a week or so ago.
This one, too - and my local store has a LOT of them still on the shelf. Anyone know when the tri-fighter originally came out? Is it nearing end-of-shelf-life?

It came out at the beginning of 2010. It probably has more shelf time left in it but to be honest I don't think it has been selling very well for some reason. Sets that don't sell well tend to be discontinued faster.

I'm glad my reviews are helping people make decisions on what sets to buy! It's very encouraging. :D

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:33 pm

possum wrote:Finally found the Fight for the Dagger at 50% last night. Picked up that and the tri-fighter droid that LA reviewed a week or so ago. I've got a Saturday afternoon date with my kitchen table!
Why is Target clearing many of these recent new sets out at 50% when all of them just came out a few months ago?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 am

legogeek wrote:
possum wrote:Finally found the Fight for the Dagger at 50% last night. Picked up that and the tri-fighter droid that LA reviewed a week or so ago. I've got a Saturday afternoon date with my kitchen table!
Why is Target clearing many of these recent new sets out at 50% when all of them just came out a few months ago?
Prince of Persia is coming a close, Disney only licensed it for the launch of their movie. As for many of the Star Wars sets, I propose that it was because of bad sales on some of the sets. I know my Target always had the Droid Tri Fighter, the Pirate Tank and quite a few other Star Wars sets always sitting there, whereas other more popular sets were never on the shelves. Plus they have to make room for the newer summer releases. Right now the Kingdoms sets and World Racers sets are on the end of another aisle because there was no room at my nearest Target.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:11 am

Must be different here. Lego is popular here. You don't need a sale for them to fly off the shelves. Also the selection is limited. You will never see the larger sets like the UCS. No train sets either. So right now, I'm happy to see it at 30% off.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 am

I was in one of the local targets yesterday and the LEGO isle was mostly empty shelves with all the new sets tags on them.
So they will no doubt start showing up very soon.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!