Lone Ranger set deals on Amazon.com

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
exciter1
Knight
Knight

Lone Ranger set deals on Amazon.com

Post by exciter1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 am

I know some of you are waiting to see how the movie does or already picked up the Lone Ranger sets you want. Amazon.com marked down several sets today and they may be price matching WalMart.com.

LEGO The Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase (79111) 11% off - http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ranger-Const ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEGO The Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout (79110) 14% off -
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ranger-Silve ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEGO The Lone Ranger Comanche Camp (79107) 20% off -
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Lone-Ranger- ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEGO The Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape (79108) 17% off -
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ranger-Stage ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lone Ranger set deals on Amazon.com

Post by iccarus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 am

I just built the stagecoach last night. Awesome set, even at RRP.
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Well that used up my credit. I got a free $50.00 credit for getting a Amazon Visa 6 months ago. Got two of the Stage Coaches with free shipping...and I owe $1.93. Don't quite get the math...but hey...two Stage Coaches for $1.93.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 pm

How di you get a $50 credit? I only got a $30!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 am

Brick & Blue wrote:How di you get a $50 credit? I only got a $30!

Special promotion, I think it was around November. I also have a credit score above 800, so I get some special offers.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 pm

That explains it, my credit is next to nothing. Amazon was my first credit card.

I bought the stagecoach and I really can't wait for it to come, looks beautiful.

Ship it already Amazon!

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 am

Walmart.com has these prices as well and I just did in store pick up. The Stagecoach is indeed awesome!

shootyb
Peasant
Peasant

Post by shootyb » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Now that movie is on its way to being a bomb, will the production of these sets be cut short? Is there a precedent for a Lego series to be attached to a movie that didn't do well? It seems like they only have blockbusters (SW, LOTR, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Toy Story, etc.)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 pm

shootyb wrote:Now that movie is on its way to being a bomb, will the production of these sets be cut short? Is there a precedent for a Lego series to be attached to a movie that didn't do well? It seems like they only have blockbusters (SW, LOTR, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Toy Story, etc.)
There is talk of it going the way of Prince of Persia...which means wait for the sets to be 50% off at the minimum...though it is all speculation at this point.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
shootyb wrote:Now that movie is on its way to being a bomb, will the production of these sets be cut short? Is there a precedent for a Lego series to be attached to a movie that didn't do well? It seems like they only have blockbusters (SW, LOTR, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Toy Story, etc.)
There is talk of it going the way of Prince of Persia...which means wait for the sets to be 50% off at the minimum...though it is all speculation at this point.

I actually like these sets except for the freak of nature Tonto figure. I think the way they made his character ruined all the LEGO sets. Other than him, they are cool old west sets. I cant wait for them to hit 50 to 70% off.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:27 am

I thought the movie was pretty good, better than average. Being a fan of the old show & short run cartoon, I thought it kept enough of the original story that it appealed to me. Sure there was summer blockbuster stuff in it like POTC but my kids gave it a thumbs up too. Although the theater wasn't crowded, there was clapping in the auduence at the end, and yes Tonto reminds you of Jack Sparrow but that's mostly because he looks like that character and is played by the same actor. I thought the Tonto role was well done. Go see the movie and don't pay attn. to critics.

Tyrant01
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Tyrant01 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 am

hankdelsi wrote:I thought the movie was pretty good, better than average. Being a fan of the old show & short run cartoon, I thought it kept enough of the original story that it appealed to me. Sure there was summer blockbuster stuff in it like POTC but my kids gave it a thumbs up too. Although the theater wasn't crowded, there was clapping in the auduence at the end, and yes Tonto reminds you of Jack Sparrow but that's mostly because he looks like that character and is played by the same actor. I thought the Tonto role was well done. Go see the movie and don't pay attn. to critics.
I agree. Like Man of Steel, I honestly do not know why critics are bashing this movie. It's not high art that will give you insight into the human condition or anything, but it was quite entertaining. Oh well, at least the LEGO sets might go cheap sooner rather than later.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 am

No one listens to the critics. I like how people blame them when a movie bombs. The critics sy half the movies suck and they go on to make millions. No one wants to see a Western were Johnny Depp dresses up like a clown with a dead bird on his head who is supposed to be a "native" American. The trailers looked horrible, the CGI backgrounds looked like cartoons.

I don't think they will be cleared out as much as everyone else thinks. They will probably be 25% off and just kind of hang out. Not like 50% off LEGOs stay on the shelf more than an hour.