[USA] TRU Stores Free $10 Gift Card w/$40 LEGO Purchase

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] TRU Stores Free $10 Gift Card w/$40 LEGO Purchase

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat May 04, 2013 5:45 pm

This week from May 5-11, Toys R Us America will be offering a FREE $10 Toys R Us Gift Card when you spend $40 or more on LEGO construction sets or LEGO Board Games. Excludes Lone Rangers and Superheroes.

Offer valid instores only.  Gift Card expires on August 2, 2013. Maximum savings work out to be 20% off ($40/$50) assuming you purchase exactly $40 and use exactly the $10 Toys R Us Gift card on non-marked up products.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-stor ... -purchase/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

octick
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] TRU Stores Free $10 Gift Card w/$40 LEGO Purchase

Post by octick » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 am

This might be a good opportunity to get some of the discounted sets. The one that strikes me as a great bargain (with in store price match) is 60009-1 Helicopter Arrest. It is $39.99 online which is 20% off MSRP. Add a minifigure and you hit your $40. With the $10 card, you are looking at 30% off. However, it is TRU and almost anything like this is a fight. :evil:

I have a $5 off coupon, but I doubt they will do all 3 at the same time.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sun May 05, 2013 7:33 am

Price match negates everything else. But if you've got those $5 off coupons you should still get the gift card, though I'll wager it has to be $40+ after all discounts. So get a few more minifigs. ;-)

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 am

From the TRU Price Match policy:

"Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."

So really they will not stack anything....especially in my store. Basically if something in Store is 109.99, but online at 89.99 They would say 109.99-10$giftcard value -5$ coupon = $94.99. The online price is cheaper than after your promos-so no point. Unless you get a generous soul at the counter willing to do more...but my store is staffed by "lifers" it seems that have been there since I was a child lol. They bend on nothing :(

Legendarybarr
I'm New !

Post by Legendarybarr » Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm

I might try to use the coupon with this deal sometime this week, if no one posts anything about it working, I will share my experience.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 am

But is the gift card really a coupon or at offer "savings"? The GC is not a reduction of sales at the time of purchase. It can't be used towards the price of that item. But, you are probably correct TRU always pulls cr@p like this. I know I have been able to get GCs for Blu-rays and online price match. I guess like all TRU things, YMMV.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

I will test this out tomorrow with some CMF. Thirteen (12?) will put it over $40, the real variable is whether you'll get the GC after using the coupon to bring it under $40. I guess if that's the case just throw another minifig in. Then, if you had another $40 purchase, could you use the GC and the coupon, and get another GC...? Whoa, getting lightheaded, gotta remember this is TRU we're talking about. Just imagine the many ways such hopes are deflated with a malicious "NO!"

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Aaaaaaaaand--no. :lol:no
No $5 coupon and GC with $40 purchase. GC's also have 6 hour activation time, so no using on the next purchase in checkout either.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Wed May 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I remember when I preordered the Avengers DVD there, the GC that came with that promo was the same way. Never understood why they can't just load the GC right there at the register like any other retailer, but just chalk it up to another of TRU's restrictive practices.

On the bright side, can't go too wrong with some CMFs that work out to around $2.40!