[USA] Target Clearance Finds Summer 2013

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Target Clearance Finds Summer 2013

Post by vexxet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 am

every target i went to in the last two days had them as price cuts, not clearance.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 am

Some places in SoCal had both the Pirate Ship Ambush and Black Gate on red tag clearance and moved to the clearance section (the clearance areas seems to move around the store a bit). I thought about waiting for them to drop to 50%, but after a short while they were quickly bought by myself and other folks. :)

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Are the clearanced legos usually by the legos? I can never find anything on clearance.

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:00 pm

i picked up the Pirate Ship Ambush and Black Gate today, but will probably return them. ~25% off is kind of meh.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Max Power wrote:Are the clearanced legos usually by the legos? I can never find anything on clearance.
It depends on the store. Sometimes it is scattered in the regular LEGO aisle with a red sticker on the shelf that says "CLEARANCE". If there is a large amount of clearance, you might find an end-cap with all clearance or even an entire aisle dedicated to clearance. I walk up and down the entire toy area ;-) Sometimes I've found toy clearance in Sporting Goods (which is next to toys in one of my stores).

If you want LEGO on clearance you have to HUNT for it! :mrgreen:

medib
I'm New !

Post by medib » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:50 pm

The target in Niagara Falls, NY had two sets on temporary price cut: Helms deep for 84 from 130, and Troll King's ambush for 64 from 100. They only had about 5 or so LOTR/Hobbit sets in the aisle.

jeschaff13
I'm New !

Post by jeschaff13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Rosemont Chicago was a bust... Niles Chicago had pleanty of the following sets helms deep, the black gate, and pirate ambush. However none of them were marked down :(

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Target will occasionally offer up an alternate, similarly priced set if the discounted item is out of stock. Does anyone know / recall under what circumstances they will do this? I would assume that this doesn't apply to clearance items (duh) but that it might to Price Cuts. But i fear that it might only be in the case of advertised specials.

i ask because a couple of my local (austin, tx) had the Goblin King down to $65, with prices good until 9/21. i thought MAYBE in my dream world when those few sell out, they'd offer up the LOTR pirate ship for the same.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

MakoSlade wrote:
starfire2 wrote:BTW those prices are Price Cuts not clearance. Also, my Target has the Ghost Train for $52.
Pirate Ship and Black Gate at Palisades Mall were definitely not Price Cuts, they had the red clearance sticker. Helm's Deep was $85, that was a price cut.
The Target I work at has them on Price Cut not Clearance. Maybe your store(s) are different.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:30 pm

atmail35 wrote:
starfire2 wrote:BTW those prices are Price Cuts not clearance. Also, my Target has the Ghost Train for $52.
The Lord of the Rings sets I found were marked with a clearance sticker, in the clearance end cap.
Ok, but at my store they are Price Cut.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:00 pm

They all look to be NCF, so this is likely a clearance even though Target is calling this a price cut. I can't see them being around until 9/21. This is exactly what happened with The Zombies. They went to $40 on a price cut and they were essentially gone for good.

King

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 am

I checked out a few Targets earlier this afternoon... ALL of them had the Goblin King and Helm's Deep as "price cuts" (not clearance). The only 2 that actually had Pirate Ship and Black Gate at their lowered prices were sold out (checking by DCPI #'s), the other stores that had plenty were at full price.

So it's not universal by any means - unless some stores just haven't gotten around to it.

MrPunk2u
I'm New !

Post by MrPunk2u » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 am

I checked 3 Target stores in the Los Angeles area
Was able to pick up Helms Deep $85 and Goblin King 65$ at the price cut but the Pirate ship and Black Gate rang up regular price.

Will Target price match their own clearance if you buy now, bring back receipt later?

shaggy.lego
I'm New !

Post by shaggy.lego » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:00 pm

found 2 black gates on red-tag clearance for $42 today in hagerstown, MD. also goblin king for $65 as a price-cut. no pirate ambush or helms deeps that i saw

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeffrey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 pm

A question for the folks who are finding these LotR sets on clearance.

Have these sets gone on clearance after the big clearance sale from earlier this month or is this the first time sets and been discounted at your particular Target store?

I ask because my Target stores have already had their clearance sales and have set their prices back to normal. If this is not a new sale then I can save a long trip all over the city.

ltklego
I'm New !

Post by ltklego » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Mine only has the Black Gate on clearance. And the regular clearance was over a couple of weeks ago. The other sets mentioned are just price cut. However, the Pirate Ship is still at full price.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm

jeffrey wrote:A question for the folks who are finding these LotR sets on clearance.

Have these sets gone on clearance after the big clearance sale from earlier this month or is this the first time sets and been discounted at your particular Target store?

I ask because my Target stores have already had their clearance sales and have set their prices back to normal. If this is not a new sale then I can save a long trip all over the city.
I would guess every store is a bit different. However, the stores I went to they were not in the batch of clearance from July. I asked a few folks who worked there at one of the stores and they said they just put the 30% clearance stickers on the LOTR Pirate Ships and Black Gates that morning, honestly if they didn't I wouldn't have even seem them at all. Several people, when I was visiting that Target, and few folks after, were also looking for clearance toys and they sold out that same morning the stickers were placed on them. Happy hunting. :)

jeschaff13
I'm New !

Post by jeschaff13 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:42 pm

starfire2 wrote: The Target I work at has them on Price Cut not Clearance. Maybe your store(s) are different.
@ Starfire2... A dumb question since your a target employee. If you would humor me.

Is there a way for an employee/associate to easily identify what sets are on sale / clearance. I ask because I often find a single set for a great price, and usually ask someone if they could tell me what other sets might be marked down. As I usually have intentions of buy any and every set that i can find at 20% off or more. Alas no one ever seems willing to bite on this offer, and I'm way to lazy to scan more then two or three sets before buying what I found and leaving the store. Again just curious. . .

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:36 pm

jeschaff13 wrote:
starfire2 wrote: The Target I work at has them on Price Cut not Clearance. Maybe your store(s) are different.
@ Starfire2... A dumb question since your a target employee. If you would humor me.

Is there a way for an employee/associate to easily identify what sets are on sale / clearance. I ask because I often find a single set for a great price, and usually ask someone if they could tell me what other sets might be marked down. As I usually have intentions of buy any and every set that i can find at 20% off or more. Alas no one ever seems willing to bite on this offer, and I'm way to lazy to scan more then two or three sets before buying what I found and leaving the store. Again just curious. . .
Nope. I don't have access to that kind of info.

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

While 30% is a nice chunk off, especially on newer sets like the LotR, its nothing amazing. Yoyo just had 20% off if you buy three or more Lego sets and no taxes or shipping. With taxes in my area near 10% this was basically a 30% off without the hassle of having to go store to store for a hit and miss clearance.