[USA] Target Clearance Finds Summer 2013

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Target Clearance Finds

Post by vexxet » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 pm

natespizer wrote:
vexxet wrote:
Essien8 wrote:@vexxet, sounds like you made out pretty well--congrats!--do you mind sharing what state these depressed-economic areas are in?
west coast. i posted in a few posts back

I am in california - Near Sacramento - I have hit up Targets of a bunch of demographics and best deals were 30% on Quinn Jet, Mines of Moria and Forest Police station - No TMNT deals 15% on spiders and the wall section set.

Wish i could find some 50% or even 30% on new castle stuff.
yeah i dont live in california, so i just assume most of the LA area and San Diego probably act like the ritzy areas in my city. I hit up 5 really good area targets and the most they were off were 15% which is a complete joke as this sale is about to hit a month old status. Thats ok as it will help me focus on the better clearanced targets for the time being and bounce back to the other targets that will start to trickle down in price.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:40 pm

I found the umbaran MHCs at another target too for half off.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:07 pm

vexxet wrote:
Essien8 wrote:@vexxet, sounds like you made out pretty well--congrats!--do you mind sharing what state these depressed-economic areas are in?
you would avoid this question from being repeated if you posted your location in your profile as people don't always search the whole thread, just sayin'. ;-)

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:42 pm

atmail any chance there were more lone ranger trains in Braintree?

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:52 pm

atmail35 wrote:
vexxet wrote:
you would avoid this question from being repeated if you posted your location in your profile as people don't always search the whole thread, just sayin'. ;-)
I imaging the LEGO moon would probably have a lot of depressed-economic areas. Just sayin. :)

In all seriousness though, as a paranoid person, I don't like giving out where I live. However, giving the general location as in nearest big City or at least area in a state should be safe.

willy431
I'm New !

Post by willy431 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Nope--all the LR was gone Sunday morning. Went to the lego store--braintree target clearance lego was gone. Still had monster fighters for full retail. :shock:

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Ok, I almost find it hard to believe there was LR at 30% off. Visited 4 Targets today and did not see any newer sets discounted. Did happen to see the new Republic Gunship, that thing is noiiiice.

I'll probably be returning for a 50% off Hobbit board game I saw at one store if my son is into it.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:55 am

intromission wrote:atmail any chance there were more lone ranger trains in Braintree?
I went back Saturday and they were gone I just got one on Thurs and they had at least 3-4 left. On Sat they had two battle pack LR and that was it, they went fast! I just got one of each hoping they would go to 50%.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 am

Do you plan to price adjust if they do?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:08 am

intromission wrote:Do you plan to price adjust if they do?
I've never had luck w/ Price adjustments at Target. If you return, they may not put it back on the floor until the next day. I have done the rebuy and return the more expensive item...I just make sure I keep the old receipts. Using a cc to look-up maynnot result in getting the correct amount back.

what I meant was that I hoped to find more at 50% off, I wasn't willing to stock up at 30% off.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 am

dilbert12 wrote:
atmail35 wrote:
vexxet wrote:
I imaging the LEGO moon would probably have a lot of depressed-economic areas. Just sayin. :)

In all seriousness though, as a paranoid person, I don't like giving out where I live. However, giving the general location as in nearest big City or at least area in a state should be safe.
I think a state is safe, or major city. Even East Coast, Mid West, West Coast is better than nothing!

CatatonicAngel
I'm New !

Post by CatatonicAngel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 am

Checked out the Target in Niles, IL

They had a bunch (3-5) of TMNT Shell Raiser Chase for 50% off. Found a lone Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown at 30% and snatched it.

Almost all the LR were gone at this location, kinda sad :sad:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 am

Braintree had LR Silver Mine at 30% off. Colby City and Stagecoach full Price. . All other LR gone. Hobbit and Ninjago games still 30% off.

Stoughton had nothing to speak of, a few sets at 15% off. Some toys (non lego) we bought 2 weeks ago are still at 30% off and I had a SA scan them to check. Disappointing.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm

atmail35 wrote:Braintree had LR Silver Mine at 30% off. Colby City and Stagecoach full Price. . All other LR gone. Hobbit and Ninjago games still 30% off.
I think the Braintree Target always has the best clearance. I have found incredible stuff. AND you can take a trip to the LBS as well!

david

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Picked up a few at 30% off, in SoCal:

$13.98 - Lone Ranger Comanche Camp
$13.98 - Superman Black Zero Escape

So random how the stagecoach and Silver Mine are not on sale. It's funny how the store selective marks down certain sets in a theme.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 am

What area are you in So Cal? I haven't had any luck for Lone Ranger clearance sets. Since you hit that store already, do you mind sharing which one it was? Thanks.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Found a malevolence for 83 something and a gungan sub on clearance too(dont remember the price). Left both.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 pm

I wish I had brought a pen and paper today. I stopped in the Target at Dayville on a whim and headed to the Lego aisle-even though I have no money. Anyway these prices are from my greatly deteriorating brain:

Bug Obliterator was $39.98 or 50% off. 1 left
Lord of the Rings set-Mines of Moria around $50.00- or 30% 0ff (1 or 2 left)
Small creator sets plane/cars were $10 and $7 couple left of each
Spongebob sets were 20% off because Target original price was over MSRP
Lego City Museum Robbery had a big discount- a lot of the city sets had smaller discounts.
OH! There was ONE Vampyre Castle left for 69.98-good find. I didn't get it as of an hour ago but somebody might have...

Duplo was nice-most older sets were 30-50% off. Alphabet set, the newer cars and pull along teddy were half off. Saw the new Jake and the Neverland Pirate sets. Looks like they're making room for them.

I hope this helps someone.
Jared

medib
I'm New !

Post by medib » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 am

Niagara Falls, NY:

the Hobbit and Ninjago games 50% off.

A few Galaxy sets, Monster Fighters (Wolf sets), a couple duplo, and a bunch of Hero Factory sets. mostly for 20 to 30% off.

rezlo
I'm New !

Post by rezlo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 am

Target on Elston in Chicago had several sets at 50% off as of 9AM today. Mostly creator sets: small cottage, red dinosaur, small plane, & medium helicopter. They also had 1 Sponge Bob set and Mirkwood Spiders. Anywhere between 3-10 copies of each creator set. 1-2 of the Sponge Bob and easily 15-20 of the Mirkwood set. I only bought 1 Mirkwood set, left everything else there. It's all on an end cap by Lego area. Hope this helps a fellow Chicago AFOL !