$15 off $75 & Free Mini Fire Speedboat at TRU America

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

$15 off $75 & Free Mini Fire Speedboat at TRU America

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:00 pm

This week from March 31 to April 6, Toys R Us America will be offering $15 off when you spend $75 or more on LEGO construction sets. Excludes Marvel Super Heroes. In addition, they will also be offering a free 30220 LEGO City Fire Speedboat 2013 promotional polybag set. The free set is available in-stores only.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/15-off-75-free-m ... u-america/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

1stflabuyer
I'm New !

Re: $15 off $75 & Free Mini Fire Speedboat at TRU America

Post by 1stflabuyer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:49 pm

The $15 discount does not appear to be working online.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: $15 off $75 & Free Mini Fire Speedboat at TRU America (I

Post by emazers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm

You are getting $15 off the Lego Minecraft, What a Joke another Toys R US Ripoff Scam.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm

I have a 20% off a "regular" priced item, you think it will stack?

Not that it matters too much with 40% markups.

I wish they had the $4 fire boats for the BOGO50%, that would be good deal.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Another sale where I'll keep my fingers crossed that my local store gets some CMFs, as they are one of the few things worth picking up during this promotion.

If your local store has TMNT Baxters Robot Rampage, Chima Eagle's Nest or Hobbit Barrel Escape for $44.99 like mine does this is one of the few opportunities to get those TRU/Legoshop exclusives for less than MSRP (which is $39.99)

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I have a 20% off a "regular" priced item, you think it will stack?

I got that 20% off as well and was wondering the same thing. I want the F1 car that's out and Technic is not excluded. May have to try it.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I have a 20% off a "regular" priced item, you think it will stack?

YMMV with this, I have had luck at my local with this kind of stacking coupon/promotion. In my case, they were nice enough to use the coupon on my most expensive item as per my request. As long as your subtotal is over $75 AFTER the 20% coupon, they shouldn't hassle you. My coupon does say "not valid with any other R Us offer for same item or on prior purchases" so that right there is there excuse to not honor it in-store

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Always good to hear good things about Toys R Us :) I do need barrel escape to complete my set of 13!

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am

NO! :evil:
Stood at the register for nearly half an hour while one after another employee stared at the coupon like it was some cryptic message from another planet, futilely tapping on the screen, calling for a manager that must have been lost... Very frustrating. The final verdict was that the $15 off $75 "promo" AUTOMATICALLY nullifies any other coupon or offer and there is NO WAY to bypass the promo and use the coupon instead, much less (oh the horror!) STACK!! :down: :down: :down:

But try it out at your store, I hear deal-hunting at TRU burns a lot of calories. And brain cells.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:51 pm

brickarmor wrote:
Stood at the register for nearly half an hour while one after another employee stared at the coupon like it was some cryptic message from another planet, futilely tapping on the screen, calling for a manager that must have been lost... Very frustrating. The final verdict was that the $15 off $75 "promo" AUTOMATICALLY nullifies any other coupon or offer and there is NO WAY to bypass the promo and use the coupon instead, much less (oh the horror!) STACK!! :down: :down: :down:

But try it out at your store, I hear deal-hunting at TRU burns a lot of calories. And brain cells.
What brickarmor said is correct, but YMMV with your local store.

I just got back from my store where my coupon stacked with this promotion, here is what happened. I grabbed a Chima Eagles Nest ($44.99) and 13 CMFs from a well-picked box to get over the $75 limit. There was some issue at the register at first because it wouldn't scan. The nice cashier lady who knows me by my face turned around and spoke with the manager, she said the coupon wouldn't scan because she thought the register counted the free fireboat as a "sale" item. The manager simply entered in his special code that overrided the register. At the end, I got my Eagles Nest and 13 CMF 9s for $64.02 before local tax.

In short, I believe this worked for me because the store was busy, the manager didn't have time to nitpick over exactly why the coupon wouldn't scan because he had his hands full, and the cashier that was helping me is someone I see quite often and will chat with from time to time.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm

brickarmor wrote:

Your rage over this is kind of funny given that the real reason to dislike TRU is their constant bait and switch with prices.
It says right there on the coupon it cannot be combined with sales or other offers.
If you get it to stack then huzzah for you but that's just your luck with the people you deal with.

I will saying there is "no way to remove the promo" is a load of BS and basically at that point the manager doesn't really want you in their store anyway.