USA Sale: LEGO Jabba's Palace on sale for 27% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

USA Sale: LEGO Jabba's Palace on sale for 27% off

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 am

In case you missed it earlier, Amazon America now has LEGO Star Wars Jabba’s Palace back on sale for $87.99 (reg.$119.99). Savings work out to be 27% off. Free shipping on orders above $25 and no tax for most states.

They also got LEGO Star Wars Geonosian Cannon for $15 (reg.$19.99) which works out to be 25% off. This item also ships for free with no minimum (dispatched via Yoyo). More of their hottest LEGO deals can be found here.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-jabbas-pala ... or-27-off/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: USA Sale: LEGO Jabba's Palace on sale for 27% off

Post by doodlebird » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:37 pm

I don't want to come across as too uptight, but a couple of typos here: Regular price for Jabba's Palace is 119.99, not 99.99. And "They also got..." Really? :) And the set that ships from Yoyo probably ships for free if your total is OVER $25, not under. Just a guess.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:15 am

I went to Target today for the price match and they informed me that Jabba's Palace is also $87.99 on Target.com. So if you're in California like me and aren't eligible for Amazon's tax-free perk, whip out your Redcard and save another 5% (or $4.40) on this price and get it in your hands today :up:

vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by vexxet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:19 pm

andddd... now its gone forever!... lol

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Still available at Target.

vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by vexxet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 pm

its out of stock online at target. it has been all day since the news hit. I went to target today to get a price match for the online price. They told me they dont price match their online website??!!? wtf?!!?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 am

vexxet wrote:its out of stock online at target. it has been all day since the news hit. I went to target today to get a price match for the online price. They told me they dont price match their online website??!!? wtf?!!?
Maybe you should print out their price match policy and take it to CS - price-matching with target.com has been their official policy since the beginning of the year. See "Price Match Guarantee" section:

https://corporate.target.com/about/shop ... mise#q4070

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 am

vexxet wrote:its out of stock online at target. it has been all day since the news hit. I went to target today to get a price match for the online price. They told me they dont price match their online website??!!? wtf?!!?
I had this happen just last week. It was a new employee that just did not know the Target rules. The manager came over, gave her a look like she was a buffoon, and said "of course we price match ourselves, let me get that rung up for you." It was when the Desert Skiff was $16.16 online but like $19.xx in store.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 am

Also still available on Shop@home so I suspect Amazon not having it is a result of a run on it due to the news story.

vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by vexxet » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 am

lawpepperdine wrote:
I had this happen just last week. It was a new employee that just did not know the Target rules. The manager came over, gave her a look like she was a buffoon, and said "of course we price match ourselves, let me get that rung up for you." It was when the Desert Skiff was $16.16 online but like $19.xx in store.
Must be the city I live in because two targets denied me yesterday, both managers

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

Most likely the price match was denied because it's out of stock online. If it's out of stock, they're not going to price match it, even if the price match is targeted towards their own website.

happymark
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happymark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

maybe OT, was it April Fool ?
" Lego Explains Why It Killed Jabba the Hutt -Danish toy giant Lego on Tuesday batted down the idea that it is pulling its Jabba’s Palace kit — based on a scene from Star Wars Episode VI — from store shelves as a result of pressure from an organization concerned about discrimination against Muslims and other groups."

Lego, which is gobbling up market share in the global market for playthings, said the move to take down the product is purely related to its rigid product cycles.

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intellig ... -the-boot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by vexxet » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:Most likely the price match was denied because it's out of stock online. If it's out of stock, they're not going to price match it, even if the price match is targeted towards their own website.
That could be plausible, but I never got that far. They just said no and never even saw what item I was talking about

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:18 am

Jabba's Palace is available again on Amazon.com for $119.99.

cruzito
I'm New !

Post by cruzito » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 am

And available again at Target.com for $87.99
http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars- ... A-14050080
***Edit - now currently unavailable at Target.

After the fury of listings on eBay that sold for higher prices with "discontinued" titles, I bet there will be a lot of angry buyers.

Part of me is anxious to jump now and purchase. Part of me says to wait a bit longer.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 am

I took about 1/2 hour out of my day yesterday morning and bought 4 sets from a b&m Target after the price match. At some point I'll list them on ebay with a BIN. If they don't sell all I have to do is return them to the store. With 89 days left as part of their return policy its a pretty safe gamble IMHO.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am

Bought 2 sets today at Target for $89 plus red card discount. Had no issues price matching their website.

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 pm

beartrapper25 wrote:I took about 1/2 hour out of my day yesterday morning and bought 4 sets from a b&m Target after the price match. At some point I'll list them on ebay with a BIN. If they don't sell all I have to do is return them to the store. With 89 days left as part of their return policy its a pretty safe gamble IMHO.
stupid question- what do you mean by "listing them with a BIN"?

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Listing it for a decent price at "Buy It Now".

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 pm

These are still being produced, so those saying it is discontinued or gone forever are quite wrong. The only announcement that LEGO made is that this will be phased out at the end of the year, no different from probably 90% of LEGO's other sets that have a two year run. It's the rare set (Death Star, Fire Brigade) that is the exception to that rule.

This reminds me of the City Mine... that set disappeared everywhere due to Wal Mart's price mistake (which they surprisingly honored), but eventually they restocked, which is what will happen here. There're plenty of these in the supply chain, and since it isn't a discontinued set yet if the retailers run out LEGO will just make more to fill the orders.