Barnes and noble

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Barnes and noble

Post by dho7622u » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am

Just got an e-mail for BOGO on educational toys starting Thursday. There was a picture of a CHIMA set, so am guessing that all sets are part of the sale. Also, it says "in store".

Good luck.
David

sagaway
I'm New !

Re: Barnes and noble

Post by sagaway » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 am

It is BOGO 50% off, so 25% off if applicable.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 am

Better than 25% if you are a Barnes and noble member and get the additional 10% off
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 pm

The email says the sale is good for 4 days, so through Sunday 3/31. Assuming stores are open on Easter, I don't even know for sure either way.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm

atmail35 wrote:The email says the sale is good for 4 days, so through Sunday 3/31. Assuming stores are open on Easter, I don't even know for sure either way.
Speaking of Easter, has anyone seen the Brick Bible? I thought it was a giant LEGO book with facts and such but it is actually Bible stories with LEGO's used to illustrate them. It's pretty cool.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

ublego
I'm New !

Post by ublego » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Many B&N stores near me over price their sets. Not as bad as TRU but will take your 25% down to at least 20% if not 15%.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Also, I've found it hard to find two same priced sets at one B&N store.

phonciplebone
I'm New !

Post by phonciplebone » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm

ublego wrote:Many B&N stores near me over price their sets. Not as bad as TRU but will take your 25% down to at least 20% if not 15%.
Most sets are MSRP. The ones that are marked up are only by a couple bucks or so. Nothing extreme.

And the only sets that won't work are Architecture. All other sets should work for the sale.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 am

phonciplebone wrote:And the only sets that won't work are Architecture.
Is this is hunch, or a fact?

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 am

I just received an email from B&N for 15% off of one item. Based on previous transactions I believe it will stack.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 am

anakinisvader wrote:
atmail35 wrote:The email says the sale is good for 4 days, so through Sunday 3/31. Assuming stores are open on Easter, I don't even know for sure either way.
Speaking of Easter, has anyone seen the Brick Bible? I thought it was a giant LEGO book with facts and such but it is actually Bible stories with LEGO's used to illustrate them. It's pretty cool.
Are you referring to "The Brick Testament?" Not only is a fairly decent builder, the subversive element to this is fantastic. It was done by an athiest to make fun of the Bible. It does so by not altering the Bible what so ever, but illustrating how ludicrous, nasty and vicous the stories are. Actually some fundamentalists love it because it "doesn't soften" the Bible for kids.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 am

I'm thinking this is a good time to get some Turtles!!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 am

Gooker1 wrote:I'm thinking this is a good time to get some Turtles!!
You might be better off with the KMart sale, plus a coupon.

Curtis
I'm New !

Post by Curtis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm sure not surprisingly to you all, but FYI nonetheless. If you try to buy two sets at about $40 and two sets at about $20 at the same time, their computer will apply the %50 off to each of the $20 sets leaving you to pay full for the two $40 sets.
$40
$40
$10
$10
= $100

Whereas if you make two separate purchases you get:
$40
$20
= $60
+
$20
$10
= $30
Total $90.

Frustrated with this I went back to return the two $40 sets thinking that I would just spend less overall, but quickly realized I would be better to purchase the two $40 sets to maximize the discount. Add in the 20% coupon that was emailed to me this morning and the 10% membership discount, I left with the following:

Ninjago Samurai Mech - $28.76
Creator Transport Chopper - $16.62

No too bad ...I guess.

Curtis

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:05 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:
anakinisvader wrote:
Are you referring to "The Brick Testament?" Not only is a fairly decent builder, the subversive element to this is fantastic. It was done by an athiest to make fun of the Bible. It does so by not altering the Bible what so ever, but illustrating how ludicrous, nasty and vicous the stories are. Actually some fundamentalists love it because it "doesn't soften" the Bible for kids.
I am a Christian, believe in the Bible, and also think the Brick Testament is great. I actually used some of the visuals in a sermon I had to give a few mos back. I wouldn't say the book illustrates the "ridiculousness of the stories", as you might say (a fact I would heartily dispute, of course!) , but rather just has fun with them by hyper-literalizing the stories and illustrating them in Lego acccordingly (I love the glow in the dark ghost for the Holy Ghost!). To me, reading the book reminded me that I can be a believer and yet not take myself too seriously- something nearly all Christians need to learn more of.

Just my $.02.

bigw1974
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bigw1974 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

staffmark wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:
anakinisvader wrote:
I am a Christian, believe in the Bible, and also think the Brick Testament is great. I actually used some of the visuals in a sermon I had to give a few mos back. I wouldn't say the book illustrates the "ridiculousness of the stories", as you might say (a fact I would heartily dispute, of course!) , but rather just has fun with them by hyper-literalizing the stories and illustrating them in Lego acccordingly (I love the glow in the dark ghost for the Holy Ghost!). To me, reading the book reminded me that I can be a believer and yet not take myself too seriously- something nearly all Christians need to learn more of.

Just my $.02.

Seems there's a Brick Bible, Brick Bible The New Testament and Brick Bible for kids Noahs Ark and Christmas Story. I'm not at all religious, but they sure seem to be made by believers for believers. At least all their website and their marketing is clearly targeting Christians, and I don't see anything intentionally insulting or subversive in the samples online. Interesting.

Drax44
I'm New !

Post by Drax44 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 pm

beartrapper25 wrote:I just received an email from B&N for 15% off of one item. Based on previous transactions I believe it will stack.
I just picked up 2 Ninjago sets that were $39.95 each for a total of ~$51 with tax, so can confirm that the BOGO50 and 15% coupon stack. They also stack with Member's 10% off as well.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Just got 2 LOTR Helm's Deep for $158.75 and used the 15 percent coupon

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

bigw1974 wrote:Seems there's a Brick Bible, Brick Bible The New Testament and Brick Bible for kids Noahs Ark and Christmas Story. I'm not at all religious, but they sure seem to be made by believers for believers. At least all their website and their marketing is clearly targeting Christians, and I don't see anything intentionally insulting or subversive in the samples online. Interesting.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ty-ensues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by NIGELTTF on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:49 pm

If you're a member using a coupon, remember that you get the maximum savings by selecting sets that differ slightly in price. First the coupon knocks down the highest-price item by 20%, then the BOGO takes 50% off whichever item is now lower. Then your membership takes 10% off of the total. In theory, if you can find a $100 set and an $80 set, your total should be $108 + tax, which ain't bad.