[USA] Ninjago Spitta Play Set + Ninjago Kai Fire Mech- $9.97

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Ninjago Spitta Play Set + Ninjago Kai Fire Mech- $

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 pm

tensor wrote:Sure as part of a bundle (and BOGOs are bundles), you absolutely have the right to return the items. The problem is, if you return only a portion of the bundle, then you no longer have the luxury of enjoying the savings you got as part of the bundle as a whole.

Anyone trying to convince themselves that this spitta + mech + return spitta = $2 mech situation is ethically and morally "ok" is fooling themselves. If you actually do it, whether you agree with me or not, you're committing retail fraud. The reason this is a problem is that by doing so, you're no better than a shoplifter that ends up costing the rest of us more money in the future in the form of higher prices.
Normally to this I would agree BUT Walmart assigned the costs of the items on the receipt and didn't put a stipulation that they had to be returned together. According to Walmart you paid $8 for Spitta and $2 for the Fire Mech. Don't see what's wrong with returning them if WM assigned the prices themselves.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Well, there are two scenarios here after your shenanigans:

1) Walmart is making a profit on selling mechs at $2 each, and all is right with the world

2) Walmart is instead taking a loss on the mechs, and as a result, does any or all of a number of things; raises prices to offset the loss, refuses to offer deals like this in the future, puts you on a list for future reference, etc.

You guess which is more likely.

You're using the fact that they itemize it badly on a receipt and don't enforce it to justify your actions? That's like putting the fire mech in your coat pocket and when they don't stop you at the door, they obviously aren't interested in really enforcing their policies against shoplifting, so it's all good.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm

tensor wrote: 2) Walmart is instead taking a loss on the mechs, and as a result, does any or all of a number of things; raises prices to offset the loss, refuses to offer deals like this in the future.
Yeah :clap: . Now everyone is going to pay MSRP.

Off the topic, Is taking advantage at other people's mistake a natural human behavior? Probably is, we have seen this happening at sport game all of the time.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 am

Look, I realize I came off as really preachy and judgmental with all this, and honestly, that was not my intent. I get that we all have times in our lives when a situation presents itself where we get the better of something, or we get to "stick it" to someone we hate. Plus, Walmart is a good target, because it has done its fair share of "sticking it" to humanity over the years.

I'm no saint, and I'm not trying to say we all should be saints, but like I alluded to earlier, it's one thing to take advantage of an isolated opportunity and say "hey, I won!" It's another to think "hey, I got away with it once, so I'm going to do that some more." Then, when you start justifying that it's actually ok because of X, Y and Z, then it then reaches a whole other level where we all lose in the end.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 am

very good post imo tensor. I have learned to try and stay away from these "moral" issues on some deals-but you seem to have summed up my thoughts very well.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 am

tensor wrote:Look, I realize I came off as really preachy and judgmental with all this, and honestly, that was not my intent. I get that we all have times in our lives when a situation presents itself where we get the better of something, or we get to "stick it" to someone we hate. Plus, Walmart is a good target, because it has done its fair share of "sticking it" to humanity over the years.

I'm no saint, and I'm not trying to say we all should be saints, but like I alluded to earlier, it's one thing to take advantage of an isolated opportunity and say "hey, I won!" It's another to think "hey, I got away with it once, so I'm going to do that some more." Then, when you start justifying that it's actually ok because of X, Y and Z, then it then reaches a whole other level where we all lose in the end.

I understand where you are coming from. I didn't say I was going to return or even buy this deal. I have quite a few relatives and friends that are in management at Walmart and we discuss stuff like this all the time. They have no idea why WM prices things the way they do like this. They also know that many items are LOSS leaders (priced really low at WM's loss just to get you in the store to buy other things). This bundle may be one of them. Get you in the store to pick up and you buy 20 more items since you are there. But one thing is for sure, WM is not losing money on anything. Remember the so called "mine mix up" on price when WM sold it for $49.97? That wasn't a mix up. It was in their system for weeks (think they would have changed it in a few days if it was a mistake). It was a planned price to get you in the store.

I have nothing against WM or any other business. I love capitalism. If WM wants to sell things cheap and then take them back, that's their call but their is nothing immoral about following their rules. We aren't sticking it to them (though we may feel like we are) we are just playing the game they have set up.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:29 am

I returned 5 Spittas yesterday and don't feel one shred of guilt about it and I'll tell you why.

I've ordered from Walmart.com, chosen the ship to store option and then drove all the way to my closest store only to find the set they shipped me looked like someone kicked it down the aisle. Upon inspection before leaving the store, I showed the box to customer pickup and asked if I could exchange it with one off the shelf. The manager came over, apologized and explained that the Walmart store and Walmart.com are TWO SEPARATE ENTITIES and if I wanted my set off the shelf I would have to pay the $15 difference because it was that much cheaper online. I just returned the set on the spot for a refund, so after all was said and done Walmart got to hold onto my $40 for 2 weeks, made me waste my time to attempt to give me damaged merchandise and then refused what should have been the morally and ethically correct thing to do (which would have been to exchange my set for the one of the shelf imo).

So I wasted my gas and my lunch hour and guess what? Nobody from Walmart gave a darn. So not only did I stick it to them with the Spitta return, I'm going to do it again when I receive my next order.

Sorry to go so off-topic, but it's hard to make me feel bad for ANY big-business model like Walmart. We followed their rules, we get to take advantage the same way they take advantage of consumers in any way they can and chalk it up to "business ethics" which are not morally ethical in any way, shape or form.

Lforcey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lforcey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Well, on a positive note, I want to thank the OP for alerting us to this deal. I run an after-school Lego club at my kids' elementary school and they are Ninjago-crazy. The spinners have been impossible to find here for months (and that was at full price). Not only that, we give the kids a take-home poly or small project under $5, so now we are the proud owners of 25 new Spitta spinners and 25 Mech take homes. I assure you, none will be returned and all will garner squeals and shouts of joy. So thanks again!!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Lforcey wrote:Well, on a positive note, I want to thank the OP for alerting us to this deal. I run an after-school Lego club at my kids' elementary school and they are Ninjago-crazy. The spinners have been impossible to find here for months (and that was at full price). Not only that, we give the kids a take-home poly or small project under $5, so now we are the proud owners of 25 new Spitta spinners and 25 Mech take homes. I assure you, none will be returned and all will garner squeals and shouts of joy. So thanks again!!
Your welcome! It's great to read a post like yours, just made my day. :)

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

The Fire Mechs are back in-stock again. :)

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:17 pm

It looks like this bundle is no longer being offered.

This new bundle (with no options) appears to be in it's place:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago- ... e/23014718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;