[USA] Ninjago Spitta Play Set + Ninjago Kai Fire Mech- $9.97

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA] Ninjago Spitta Play Set + Ninjago Kai Fire Mech- $9.97

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Walmart has the LEGO Ninjago Spitta Play Set + LEGO Ninjago Kai Fire Mech Play Set for $9.97 with free store pickup.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago- ... t/23014716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on the 'Select' button for Kai Fire Mech Play Set, then "add to cart" and then checkout

[UPDATE] - Looks like the bundle is no longer being offered.
Last edited by Marcus70 on Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Ninjago Spitta Play Set + Ninjago Kai Fire Mech- $

Post by FenrisAkashi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 pm

This has been going in and out of stock pretty much everyday for the past week or so. Seems like the first 10 or so get it then its OOS ;p

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

Bundle available again.

Receipt breakdown:
$8 - mech
$2 - spitta

In case you just wanted 20% off the fire mech, to build your mech army :)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm

I like the fact if you don't do the bundle the mech alone is $11.97 on the site. :lol:

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:16 am

Back in stock.

scdw43
I'm New !

Post by scdw43 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks just picked up 3 bundles.

dach2k3
I'm New !

Post by dach2k3 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:36 am

i picked mine up. The receipt shows $2.00 for Spitta and $7.97 for the Mech. Anyone know if you can return one item in the bundle and keep the other?

I had picked up some Mechs from amazon for $5.95 shortly after i had ordered this deal.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 am

And its OOS again.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 pm

beartrapper25 wrote:And its OOS again.
Still shows as in stock for me.

c4dreams
Citizen
Citizen

Post by c4dreams » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

I did "ship to store" and they got the mech's in first. When I picked them up, the receipt showed them as $2.00 each. I contemplated never picking up the spittas and seeing if I could get away with just getting the Mech's cheaply, but I supposed that would be a little unethical. Not to mention, I'm not sure if it would work...

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

Perhaps my moral compass is slightly askew, but what would be unethical about it?

BTW the deal is up again.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks Beartrapper. Snagged 3.

nbaisfantastic
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nbaisfantastic » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 am

I just went to Walmart to pick up 2 orders...after leaving the pick-up center I went straight to customer service and returned the spitta sets for a refund of $16.90--which means 2 fire mech's for 4.24!!

BTW, there is nothing unethical about not wanting a product I purchased and returning to the store. I figured it would have been a $5 credit, but the receipt showed $8 for the spitta and $2 for the mech. I cannot control how Walmart chooses to itemize the sets and it certainly doesn't state items bought in a bundle must be returned in a bundle.

Needless to say, I quickly placed a few more orders shortly afterward.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

nbaisfantastic wrote:I just went to Walmart to pick up 2 orders...after leaving the pick-up center I went straight to customer service and returned the spitta sets for a refund of $16.90--which means 2 fire mech's for 4.24!!

BTW, there is nothing unethical about not wanting a product I purchased and returning to the store. I figured it would have been a $5 credit, but the receipt showed $8 for the spitta and $2 for the mech. I cannot control how Walmart chooses to itemize the sets and it certainly doesn't state items bought in a bundle must be returned in a bundle.

As mentioned above, your receipt should show $8 for the FireMech and $2 for the free item. Looks like some receipts are not allocated correctly.

EDIT: Nevermind I rechecked my receipt, I didn't realize the Fire Mech is the $2 item. :)

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 am

I think it's unethical and fraudulent, because you didn't buy one product and return it, you bought two in a bundle and returned only one. this is no different from doing something like a BOGO and returning one but keeping the "get one" for yourself.

Just because Walmart's system is obviously not smart enough to tie the bundle together upon return, doesn't make it right.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 am

nbaisfantastic wrote:I just went to Walmart to pick up 2 orders...after leaving the pick-up center I went straight to customer service and returned the spitta sets for a refund of $16.90--which means 2 fire mech's for 4.24!!

They will probably put the spitta's back out on the floor for $4 clearance. That's what I was picking them up for just recently.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 am

And talk about unethical, I purchased a couple of Quinjets in the after Christmas clearance at one Walmart. A few weeks later, I decided I only wanted one, so I returned it at a different Walmart, just because it was convenient at that time. Well, they returned the $55 I paid for the set, but a few days later, in the same store, I saw the set in the clearance section with a $79.99 price sticker on it. I thought that it might be a mistake, but it scanned for $79.99. THAT seems unethical to me!

scdw43
I'm New !

Post by scdw43 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Walmart will resell the returned sets for $9.97 and make more than $15.00 on the bundle instead of $9.97. A few sets returned is just part of the game for Walmart. I bought 13 bundles, as I was after the parts.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 pm

People don't seem to understand ethics. If you own something and don't want it you have the right to return it. TRU has a "return price" on your receipt, and so does Walmart. Walmart's just benefits us. It would be like being denied returning something because it was part of the BOGO. You have the right to return one.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Sure as part of a bundle (and BOGOs are bundles), you absolutely have the right to return the items. The problem is, if you return only a portion of the bundle, then you no longer have the luxury of enjoying the savings you got as part of the bundle as a whole.

Anyone trying to convince themselves that this spitta + mech + return spitta = $2 mech situation is ethically and morally "ok" is fooling themselves. If you actually do it, whether you agree with me or not, you're committing retail fraud. The reason this is a problem is that by doing so, you're no better than a shoplifter that ends up costing the rest of us more money in the future in the form of higher prices.