[USA] Kmart.com Additional 50% off Clearance HURRY

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Desi
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Kmart.com Additional 50% off Clearance HURRY

Post by Desi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

staffmark wrote:Wow, wish I would have read your post before stopping by the des Plaines store just now! Apparently you cleaned out the tie fighters as I saw none. The big city really sucks for clearance, doesn't it? Have you hit any others in the local futility exercise?
I hit up the Chicago K Marts on Addison and Elston. The one of Addison had a couple of Lego Mining Trucks as well as SW Planets. I did take one of the two Tie Fighters for my son...but the other Tie Fighter box had a hole and could possibly be missing a bag as a result.

The Elston K Mart did have two tie fighters...one in the regular aisle and one in the clearance. Most everything else was ringing up regular price.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Desi wrote:I hit up the Chicago K Marts on Addison and Elston. The one of Addison had a couple of Lego Mining Trucks as well as SW Planets. I did take one of the two Tie Fighters for my son...but the other Tie Fighter box had a hole and could possibly be missing a bag as a result.

The Elston K Mart did have two tie fighters...one in the regular aisle and one in the clearance. Most everything else was ringing up regular price.
Good to know - thank you for sharing.

RobertDD
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RobertDD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

At my K-Mart there were no sales to speak of on Lego. Many of the items people report finding here (Hobbit, Star Wars) all scanned at full price, so there seems to be a lot of variety in what's on clearance and what is not. There were no TIE fighters. A few planets were on sale (they only had Cloud Cars).

By the way, the 50% off is on all clearance toys, not just Lego, and that does seem to be at every K-Mart.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

The only ad I looked at this weekend was Kmart's specifically for this deal and didn't see it in the ad. I'm so thankful for this site for informing me.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:09 pm

I went to the Braintree, MA kmart today and did not find much. I got 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator for $26, which I don't really need b/c I got one on clearance at B&N over the summer, but I felt I had to buy something.

I drove the employees crazy because they had stuff on the top shelf that could not be reached without a ladder. I checked the Friends Olivia's House and it was full price. A lot of what was mentioned here was full price or not in-stock. I scanned a lot of sets and all were full price.

I did leave an AC Mothership for $27.

There were no signs advertising the addl 50% off clearance, and these two items were not marked, but other toys were ringing up 50% off the yellow sticker.

swinte
I'm New !

Post by swinte » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Hit the Walla Walla, WA Kmart today with a colleague and between the two of us and another lady who was already there we pretty much wiped out what they had: 2x Ninjago mechs, 2x mother ships, 1x TIE fighter, 1x Sith Infiltrator, 1x Duplo shape sorter, 1x Duplo cake set, 1x City Truck, 1x Triceratops Trapper.

We left a couple Triceratops Trappers along with a few Hero Factory and Ultrabuild super heroes. I scanned a bunch of the other sets reported on clearance at other stores but all rang up full price.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Just a friendly reminder for newer members, everyone appreciates it if people can post which store they checked or at least have your State location in your profile.

Many of you have been great about giving details, it really helps other members.

Curtis
I'm New !

Post by Curtis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:55 pm

I just drove 30 miles round trip to another Kmart here in CO only to walk up on a guy with a full cart at a self-serve price checker in the toy isle. I'm new at this so I was actually excited to see someone else behaving as crazy as I felt I was by chasing these sales. What was odd was when I asked if there was anything left he smiled and in a nervous tone told me that he didn't know, then bolted for the checkout as if I was a threat. I'm sure no one is surprised to hear there was nothing left. I wasn't able to get a clear view of his cart as he kept moving, not interested in talking to me, but I did see that he had multiples (at least 3) of various sets including some large boxes that were say...bigger than a Monopoly game? I don't know how else to explain it as I'm not well versed yet.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Curtis wrote:I just drove 30 miles round trip to another Kmart here in CO only to walk up on a guy with a full cart at a self-serve price checker in the toy isle. I'm new at this so I was actually excited to see someone else behaving as crazy as I felt I was by chasing these sales. What was odd was when I asked if there was anything left he smiled and in a nervous tone told me that he didn't know, then bolted for the checkout as if I was a threat. I'm sure no one is surprised to hear there was nothing left. I wasn't able to get a clear view of his cart as he kept moving, not interested in talking to me, but I did see that he had multiples (at least 3) of various sets including some large boxes that were say...bigger than a Monopoly game? I don't know how else to explain it as I'm not well versed yet.
That's pretty typical. The question is whether he's a reseller or those are genuinely all for him or as gifts. I can't afford to buy that much and I do try to leave some items behind. I was fortunate to find Queen Anne's Revenge last year at K-Mart clearance for $30, but I left 2 and only took 2. I can't blame someone if they can afford to buy all those on clearance and can't blame resellers since there is no limit given by the store and it's a business to them. Still, it irks me when resellers buy up all the good clearance items.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Curtis wrote:I just drove 30 miles round trip to another Kmart here in CO only to walk up on a guy with a full cart at a self-serve price checker in the toy isle. I'm new at this so I was actually excited to see someone else behaving as crazy as I felt I was by chasing these sales. What was odd was when I asked if there was anything left he smiled and in a nervous tone told me that he didn't know, then bolted for the checkout as if I was a threat. I'm sure no one is surprised to hear there was nothing left. I wasn't able to get a clear view of his cart as he kept moving, not interested in talking to me, but I did see that he had multiples (at least 3) of various sets including some large boxes that were say...bigger than a Monopoly game? I don't know how else to explain it as I'm not well versed yet.
That was me. "I hate confrontations!" J/k, but I have met other people like this many times. They can get very paranoid and aggressive.

Just a heads up for So Cal people, I went to the Costa Mesa one today. There is a Joker and Green Lantern set. There was 3 Alien Motherships that all rang up at IIRC $26. I put 1 in clearance and 2 were still in Lego aisle. I don't need any, so I only bought a hidden Sith Infiltrator. I was hoping for more than just those.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm

I've only been buying LEGO as an adult for 1 year, but it looks like K-Mart has changed their clearance strategy. Clearances used to be across the board on all the same items at all locations. They now seem to follow Target and Walmart's clearance which varies store to store. This sucks for us, but looks like K-Mart is getting their act together. Better for us consumers in the long run that retailers that sell good amounts of LEGO are still around so we have opportunities at clearances like these. Also, the more retail stores, the better chances for all of use to get a great deal.

I hit K-Mart in Anaheim and Long Beach around noon today. Anaheim has small selection and all clearance items except for the Dino Triceratops were gone. I bought the Dino set. There were some Star Wars planet sets with clearance stickers, but those scanned at full price. Long Beach store also wiped out except for 3 Alien Conquest motherships. I bought 1. Many of the items people found on clearance were not on clearance at either of these two stores (at least of the ones I could find).

I must confess, they had a ton of MegaBloks Smurfs on sale, and I bought a few (for $2.50 for the small sets) I couldn't resist. Bunch of MegaBloks Battleship clearanced at both locations.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I realize this is a long shot - but if anyone spots an Iron Man Ultrabuild and is willing to pick it up for me (for trade or sale), I'd be so grateful. My son informed me that he doesn't have this one yet, and of course for the nth time (Ninjago spinners, anyone?) I find myself too late to buy it around here.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

I had a pretty good haul with 2 kmarts today too:

Sith infiltrator x3 - $26 each
TIE - 24.50
Triceratops trapper - 22.50
Tower Takedown - 7.00
TIE interceptor planet set - 3.50
Superman/lex set - 8
Fangpyre truck - 22.50

Left there: 3 heavy lift choppers for about 23 each
2 alien motherships for about 27 each
Mine Dump truck - about 16
2 tower takedowns
and a bunch o fthe build a hulk/joker/superman etc.

bigdaddy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bigdaddy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Morgan19 wrote:At first I didn't find much in my store, just several planets for $3.99 and 4202 Mining Truck for $15; I picked up one of those. Pretty much everything else mentioned in the thread was MSRP.

But then one of the associates clearing and restocking the toy section pointed me in the direction of a new clearance aisle (vs. the regular one), where I found a 7939 Cargo Train for $65, down from $179-$199, depending on who you ask. *Squeeee!*

Thanks T&B! :-D
Which location in Delaware was this ?

Red237
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Red237 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi. Visiting orange co, ca and Diamond Bar and Covina had no Lego on cleatance, or left on Clearance, fyi

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

melsig wrote:
Desi wrote:I hit up the Chicago K Marts on Addison and Elston. The one of Addison had a couple of Lego Mining Trucks as well as SW Planets. I did take one of the two Tie Fighters for my son...but the other Tie Fighter box had a hole and could possibly be missing a bag as a result.

Good to know - thank you for sharing.

So is everyone on this board in Chicago, or is it me? No wonder I can't find any clearance.:)

dksf
I'm New !

Post by dksf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Socal folks, I hit the Carson store during lunch, had a pretty good selection of Lego on the shelves, surprised actually that they stock so much. Only the Mining Truck was marked down, I only got 2, and left at least 10 more on the shelf. No Tie Fighters left.

RainingBoroSI02
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RainingBoroSI02 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I found and picked up at Sheridan:
Republic Striker x3
Vampire Herse x3
Saesee Tinn Starfighter x2
Desert Skiff x1
Sith Nightspeeder x1

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Rhode Island/ S. Mass:

Hit two, one on my way to work, one after. The first (Cranston) had a few sets- 8 Tie Fighters, a few small Dinos, One Hutch, and a few planets. Picked up the Hutch and a Tie.

Second (North Attleboro), just the Planets.

I checked the Friends House, all the different Hobbit/LotR stuff MF and all...nothing on sale.

Pretty much a small pool to pick from.

CatatonicAngel
I'm New !

Post by CatatonicAngel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Checked out the Norridge, IL kmart. They had a couple of TIE fighters, an alien mothership and several series 1 planets.

I left them all.

Happy hunting!