Town Hall Now $154.39

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Town Hall Now $154.39

Post by Mrcoolnup » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 am

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GE ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Town Hall Now $154.39

Post by countryboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks for the link!!

Finally bit the bullet on this modular.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

countryboy wrote:Thanks for the link!!

Just wondering, but how are you buying this from Canada? Are you shipping it to one of those US address things or whatever?

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 pm

I am on the border basically. I have a UPS box in Upstate NY. Ship there, go down pick it up, fill up on gas and head home :)

phey_05
I'm New !

Post by phey_05 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm

has sales tax for CA

Bluecoupe
I'm New !

Post by Bluecoupe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Toronadian wrote:

Just wondering, but how are you buying this from Canada? Are you shipping it to one of those US address things or whatever?
For me living in the GTA I have been shipping all my orders from amazon.com to cbiusa in buffalo. only about a 5 min drive from rainbow bridge.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Back up to $179.xx Also, FB is back to $149.xx as well.

These are starting to seem like lightning deals. :-D

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I placed an order but had to cancel to change my payment type due to an issue and the price went up during that time. I chatted with an Amazon rep and she was able to change the price. Love Amazon for reasons like this.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

countryboy wrote:I am on the border basically. I have a UPS box in Upstate NY. Ship there, go down pick it up, fill up on gas and head home :)
Bluecoupe wrote:
Toronadian wrote:

For me living in the GTA I have been shipping all my orders from amazon.com to cbiusa in buffalo. only about a 5 min drive from rainbow bridge.
Ah I see. OK, during the school year, I live in St. Catharines and it would be REALLY easy for me to go over the border once or twice to pick up things. Can anyone give me a breakdown of how the UPS Box and/or CBI USA thing works? It would be REALLY beneficial for me considering I'm more in St. Catharines than in my hometown Toronto. Does it cost anything?

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Why does Amazon jack up retail on some items but list the Town Hall here at $180? Drives me crazy. Ok, crazier.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Missed the deal. I guess I saved money.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Sure this crap happens while some of us are working and can't be near a computer.

Also, Fire Brigade was down to $119 three days ago but has now shot up to $174.99. Guess I should have bought it earlier in the week.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm

It will be out for 2 more years with plenty of sales to come, don't sweat it.

legobacca
I'm New !

Post by legobacca » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Grand Emporium never seems to go on sale. :(

lucky19
I'm New !

Post by lucky19 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 am

I was able to get this for 151.xx with free shipping from one of the 3rd party listed on their. Glad I waited for this sale :-D

Bluecoupe
I'm New !

Post by Bluecoupe » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:53 am

Toronadian wrote:
countryboy wrote:I am on the border basically. I have a UPS box in Upstate NY. Ship there, go down pick it up, fill up on gas and head home :)
Bluecoupe wrote:
Toronadian wrote:

Ah I see. OK, during the school year, I live in St. Catharines and it would be REALLY easy for me to go over the border once or twice to pick up things. Can anyone give me a breakdown of how the UPS Box and/or CBI USA thing works? It would be REALLY beneficial for me considering I'm more in St. Catharines than in my hometown Toronto. Does it cost anything?
cbi charges about$5 per package so you can just ship items to them. just that when coming back you may have to pay customs. also they don't have a deadline for how long they will hold your package for. which is something I like... just email them if it's going to be 4 months or longer. I'm not sure how ups box works though

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:15 am

Bluecoupe wrote:
Toronadian wrote:
Bluecoupe wrote:
Toronadian wrote:

cbi charges about$5 per package so you can just ship items to them. just that when coming back you may have to pay customs. also they don't have a deadline for how long they will hold your package for. which is something I like... just email them if it's going to be 4 months or longer. I'm not sure how ups box works though
This is not entirely accurate. You may need to pay can taxes on the Cdn value Based on the exchange rate at that time. Not customs. The taxes are based on the price of the item + the us tax you may have paid + the shipping rate if applicable ( however,this last cost is subjective, based on the CBSA employee). The total of this is calculated in Cdn funds and the relevant provincial/ federal tax is what you pay.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 am

Bluecoupe wrote:cbi charges about$5 per package so you can just ship items to them. just that when coming back you may have to pay customs. also they don't have a deadline for how long they will hold your package for. which is something I like... just email them if it's going to be 4 months or longer. I'm not sure how ups box works though
countryboy wrote:This is not entirely accurate. You may need to pay can taxes on the Cdn value Based on the exchange rate at that time. Not customs. The taxes are based on the price of the item + the us tax you may have paid + the shipping rate if applicable ( however,this last cost is subjective, based on the CBSA employee). The total of this is calculated in Cdn funds and the relevant provincial/ federal tax is what you pay.
I see...so do I need to register with them or something like that? I'm on the website and there's a part for registration but I'm seeing that it's for certain services only or something. Or do I just order, put in the CBI USA address as the delivery address and just go there and pick up without needing to let them know anything?

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

Regarding delivery point, I use a UPS store. I have a ups box there that I deliver to. They do however also allow people to deliver to their address on behalf of. You track your parcel and once you know it has arrived you simply go visit them and pick it up. Like th other poster stated, they charge $5 per package. You best bet is to just pick up the phone and call the location you'd like to deliver to and ask them if you can deliver to their address for pick up. Best best IMO..

Good luck

Bluecoupe
I'm New !

Post by Bluecoupe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 am

countryboy you are correct I always interchange duties and taxes when I shouldn't be.
yes you may get hit to pay taxes when coming back. first time I used cbi I bought rims my car and just paid taxes when entering back into Canada. also its better to bring copies of the invoice with you.

I had filed out a form to register at cbi but when I got there the girl at the desk said if I'm sending stuff les than 5 times a year then Ido't need to register. just send items there and when picking up provide tracking number and id when picking up also best to email them beforehand when picking up multiple packages with the tracking numbers so they can get everything ready ahead of time.