BEWARE: Collectable Minifigures US Online Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: BEWARE: Collectable Minifigures US Online Purchases

Post by vynsane » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 am

smilyremhof wrote:Just got my order yesterday and 5 spacemen is the result. Boo to that. Hopefully I can do a exchange since they are all sold out.
Most likely not, because what could they be exchanged for if they're all sold out? I'd just hold onto them and try to sell them after series 2 comes out if you don't want them.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

LegoLawyer
I'm New !

Post by LegoLawyer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 am

I ordered from lego.com and got 3 spacemen, a ninja, and a cowboy.

stores in OK just never seem to have them.

anyone in okc, there is a trading party at penn square mall lego store june 22 from 5pm to 7pm.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Most likely not, because what could they be exchanged for if they're all sold out? I'd just hold onto them and try to sell them after series 2 comes out if you don't want them.[/quote]

That is my thought, but series 2 exchanges would work for me too. I am calling them tomorrow. Got sent on a wild goose chase today and didn't have time to call.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 am

Well I finally got to call the Lego Group the other day, about my 5 spacemen. I spoke with Michael, he was such a great guy on the phone. My boys had gotten some Freeco Speeders for thier birthdays and we allready have 1 and didn't need 2 more so we are returning those. I figured I would ask about the spacemen, better late then never. As I figured they are sold out of series 1 and can't do anything about that, but he is sending me the Star Wars Boba Fett, Gold Bikini Leia, and Royal Gaurd Magnet set for free. To make up for the 5 spacemen I got. I even get to keep the 5 spacemen on top of it.

What an awesome company! Most places now a days would just blow you off, but they didn't. Customer service is something that is misssing most places, but not at Lego. My boys are excited that they are getting cool minis to play with. Not really that much with Leia, they are little boys after all.

I just thought I would let you all know that they stand behind what they do and try to fix it.

Thank you Lego Group!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 am

smilyremhof wrote:Well I finally got to call the Lego Group the other day, about my 5 spacemen. I spoke with Michael, he was such a great guy on the phone. My boys had gotten some Freeco Speeders for thier birthdays and we allready have 1 and didn't need 2 more so we are returning those. I figured I would ask about the spacemen, better late then never. As I figured they are sold out of series 1 and can't do anything about that, but he is sending me the Star Wars Boba Fett, Gold Bikini Leia, and Royal Gaurd Magnet set for free. To make up for the 5 spacemen I got. I even get to keep the 5 spacemen on top of it.

What an awesome company! Most places now a days would just blow you off, but they didn't. Customer service is something that is misssing most places, but not at Lego. My boys are excited that they are getting cool minis to play with. Not really that much with Leia, they are little boys after all.

I just thought I would let you all know that they stand behind what they do and try to fix it.

Thank you Lego Group!
Good to hear. :D
Had a similar good experience with the VIP bonus points awhile back.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 pm

smilyremhof wrote:Well I finally got to call the Lego Group the other day, about my 5 spacemen. I spoke with Michael, he was such a great guy on the phone. My boys had gotten some Freeco Speeders for thier birthdays and we allready have 1 and didn't need 2 more so we are returning those. I figured I would ask about the spacemen, better late then never. As I figured they are sold out of series 1 and can't do anything about that, but he is sending me the Star Wars Boba Fett, Gold Bikini Leia, and Royal Gaurd Magnet set for free. To make up for the 5 spacemen I got. I even get to keep the 5 spacemen on top of it.

Thank you Lego Group!
Lego is an awesome company indeed. When I returned the death star one time and haven't got my refund credit back for 1 month after it arrived at their warehouse (due to a problem in their computer system), they sincerely apologize and offered me a $20 gift card. :D