[CAN] TRU Sale on TS3, PoP and 20% off selected sets

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[CAN] TRU Sale on TS3, PoP and 20% off selected sets

Post by beethead » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

June 11 - June 17

All Toy Story 3 Toys including Lego, Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off.
All Prince of Persia sets 25% off.

20% off on these sets:
#7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser --- $111.97
#7637 Farm --- $87.97
#7747 Wind Turbine Transport --- $63.97

Probably a good time to get the City Farm set for those tan bricks and cows!

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU Canada: Prince of Persia 25% off June 11-17

Post by DarthPaka » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:59 pm

thx for the heads up!! :mrgreen:

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU Canada: BOGO1/2 Off Toy Story 3 & 20% Off Specific S

Post by clock4me » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Wow nice deal on the toy story sets!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [CAN] TRU Sale on TS3, PoP and 20% off selected sets

Post by Ice » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 pm

The 2 deals for this week have been merged into one thread. Thanks for the heads up beethead!

beans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by beans » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:03 am

PoP sale isn't listed in this week's flyer. Can anyone reconfirm it?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:46 am

I got an email from Toys R Us about it. I think that pretty much confirms it.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:12 pm

beans wrote:PoP sale isn't listed in this week's flyer. Can anyone reconfirm it?
Ya its not on the flier but I got an email from them too. BTW, the new upgrade at their site is much better now.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm

The deals are not applied online.. I take it that the upgrade for their site messed up.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:28 pm

What's odd is that I went into my local TRU and the PoP sets were only 20% off and not 25%. So I went home and printed off the email and they gave me the 25% discount but had to manually do the adjustments. The manager said the 25% was only meant for online orders but as someone else mentioned the web site does not show the discounted price. Somebody must of screwed up. Maybe there will be a price correction coming up tomorrow saying it was only suppose to be 20%. I don't think the manager liked it when I brought up the SCOP and asked for an extra $10 off.

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:33 pm

beethead wrote:What's odd is that I went into my local TRU and the PoP sets were only 20% off and not 25%. So I went home and printed off the email and they gave me the 25% discount but had to manually do the adjustments. The manager said the 25% was only meant for online orders but as someone else mentioned the web site does not show the discounted price. Somebody must of screwed up. Maybe there will be a price correction coming up tomorrow saying it was only suppose to be 20%. I don't think the manager liked it when I brought up the SCOP and asked for an extra $10 off.
The online doesn't have any of the deals and if their stores is only 20%, then someone really really messed up. What about the toy story sets? Did they have garabage truck getaway for BOGO 50% off?

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:16 am

clock4me wrote:The online doesn't have any of the deals and if their stores is only 20%, then someone really really messed up. What about the toy story sets? Did they have garabage truck getaway for BOGO 50% off?
At the Vancouver store they have a bunch of Toy Story 3 toys near the Lego section with the advertising about the BOGO 50% off but no Lego on those shelves. However there are some Toy Story 3 Lego sets on display at the front of the Lego section but without the advertised BOGO 50% tags. My past visits to that store I've seen similar cases where there is no advertising of items on sale where BOGO 50% have been involved. I'm sure the prices will ring up properly at the cashier since the pricing online is correct with the BOGO 50% off (just tried by dropping some Toy Story 3 Legos in a shopping cart online). If they don't then pull out the flyer and then claim Scanners Code of Practice policy and try to claim your $10 off on top of advertised deal.

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:15 am

I took the printout of the email to Zellers and they price matched it, so I got the 25% off, and HBC rewards points. I can't guarantee every Zellers will do that though. Oh yeah, they also matched the BOGO on Toy Story lego, although their selection is not as good at TRU's is.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm

hatcher wrote:I took the printout of the email to Zellers and they price matched it, so I got the 25% off, and HBC rewards points. I can't guarantee every Zellers will do that though. Oh yeah, they also matched the BOGO on Toy Story lego, although their selection is not as good at TRU's is.
The HBC rewards points are close to nothing. You get like 100 points for reusing a bag. In reality, you don't really get back $0.05 (price they charge for bags). The rewards works out to be around 0.5% gift cards back.

But on the other hand....... I'm quite suprise Zellers match even BOGO. Toysrus is cheap stake. I tried price matching Zellers BOGO deals before with them and they always claims that they can't. Its the same with their rain checks. I asked them for rain checks for their BOGO 1/2 off star wars a few months ago because they didn't have the battle of endor instock and they wouldn't do it.

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:20 pm

beethead wrote:
clock4me wrote:The online doesn't have any of the deals and if their stores is only 20%, then someone really really messed up. What about the toy story sets? Did they have garabage truck getaway for BOGO 50% off?
At the Vancouver store they have a bunch of Toy Story 3 toys near the Lego section with the advertising about the BOGO 50% off but no Lego on those shelves. However there are some Toy Story 3 Lego sets on display at the front of the Lego section but without the advertised BOGO 50% tags. My past visits to that store I've seen similar cases where there is no advertising of items on sale where BOGO 50% have been involved. I'm sure the prices will ring up properly at the cashier since the pricing online is correct with the BOGO 50% off (just tried by dropping some Toy Story 3 Legos in a shopping cart online). If they don't then pull out the flyer and then claim Scanners Code of Practice policy and try to claim your $10 off on top of advertised deal.
Toy Story now has BOGO 50% online. Prince of Persia is still 20% off and not the 25% off as advertised. Whats Scanners Code of Practice policy and the claim $10 off thing?

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm going to bring this to them and see what they have to say for the prince of persia sets.
Lego_email_en_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 pm

strongholds wrote:I'm going to bring this to them and see what they have to say for the prince of persia sets.
Lego_email_en_01.jpg
Tried that, TRU told me that individual stores can charge whatever they want, regardless of national advertising. Pretty stupid way to do business! :mrgreen:

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 am

Alyvin wrote:
hatcher wrote:I took the printout of the email to Zellers and they price matched it, so I got the 25% off, and HBC rewards points. I can't guarantee every Zellers will do that though. Oh yeah, they also matched the BOGO on Toy Story lego, although their selection is not as good at TRU's is.
The HBC rewards points are close to nothing. You get like 100 points for reusing a bag. In reality, you don't really get back $0.05 (price they charge for bags). The rewards works out to be around 0.5% gift cards back.

But on the other hand....... I'm quite suprise Zellers match even BOGO. Toysrus is cheap stake. I tried price matching Zellers BOGO deals before with them and they always claims that they can't. Its the same with their rain checks. I asked them for rain checks for their BOGO 1/2 off star wars a few months ago because they didn't have the battle of endor instock and they wouldn't do it.
Yeah, the HBC rewards are pretty pathetic. But another thing to consider, Zellers didn't mark up the prices of the Prince of Persia sets, where as TRU did on at least a couple, and, they gave me the 25% off without argument. (Well, technically, they gave it to my brother-in-law, since he went to Zellers for me.) Again, can't guarantee every Zellers will price match. Also, not all Zellers have them in stock yet. The one in Barrie had nothing last time I was there. The ones my brother-in-law found were in Toronto, not sure which one.