LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Endor (8038) - Amazon

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Endor (8038) - Amazon

Post by calvinwashere2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:18 am

Not sure how long these gold box deals last on Amazon or if it's for everyone, but I got the LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Endor (8038) for $91.22 with free shipping from AMAZON. The price shows up w/ discount when I check out. With free shipping, it's not a bad deal since SW sets sales are harder to come by. Hopefully this is for anyone, if you don't see the gold box that means the deal has expired. My experience is that gold box deals last at least a full day, but YMMV.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001US ... B001US29I2

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Endor (8038) - Amazon

Post by vynsane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am

Hrm... 4% off for a 'gold box' deal? Doesn't sound too golden to me. Thanks for the heads up, though!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 am

The price is $96.02..

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 am

Hrmmm not too much of a deal but I suppose if you were interested in buying the Battle of Endor anyways then this would be good.

Thanks for the heads up on sales and deals.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 am

vynsane wrote:Hrm... 4% off for a 'gold box' deal? Doesn't sound too golden to me. Thanks for the heads up, though!
Haha...agreed...not that golden...esp. if the gold box deal ends...but what can I say...if you were thinking about and there's a savings, it's still something... I like this set b/c it has a lot of minifigs...not sure if any are unique to the set (thinking about the ewoks).

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:52 am

Nah, all of the figs have been seen elsewhere as far as I can remember. The Ewoks appeared pretty early in the Star Wars line actually. 7139 Ewok Attack, 2002. The flyer, the speeder bike and a catapult all appear with two Ewoks and two scout troopers. It became the staple of Ewok army buildling :)

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Nah, all of the figs have been seen elsewhere as far as I can remember. The Ewoks appeared pretty early in the Star Wars line actually. 7139 Ewok Attack, 2002. The flyer, the speeder bike and a catapult all appear with two Ewoks and two scout troopers. It became the staple of Ewok army buildling :)

Good to know...oh well an order is on its way...the start of my Ewok army. :)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Good luck on that :) In 2011 LEGO's license with Lucasfilm ends. That will be the end of Star Wars then :(

yankeeken
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by yankeeken » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:12 am

legitimatealex wrote:Good luck on that :) In 2011 LEGO's license with Lucasfilm ends. That will be the end of Star Wars then :(
I thought it was common knowledge that it was extended? It was unofficially announced months ago on FBTB's front page.
legitimatealex wrote:Nah, all of the figs have been seen elsewhere as far as I can remember. The Ewoks appeared pretty early in the Star Wars line actually. 7139 Ewok Attack, 2002. The flyer, the speeder bike and a catapult all appear with two Ewoks and two scout troopers. It became the staple of Ewok army buildling :)
Not all of the figs. Chief Chirpa, Endor Leia and the Rebel Commandos have never been seen before. And the Death Star Trooper appears in only one other set, the $400 Death Star.