50% off Clearance Toys at Kmart

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

50% off Clearance Toys at Kmart

Post by MunsonRoyE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 am

I got an email yesterday from Shop Your Way Rewards saying clearance toys were an extra 50% off. Went to the store and they had quite a few Lego sets on clearance. They didn't ring up at the 50% off, so I showed them the email and they did a price override. Ended up getting the Star Wars Planet Sets, a couple of the smaller Star Wars Sets, the large Lego City Police Helicopter, a couple Dino Sets and some Ninjago.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 50% off Clearance Toys at Kmart

Post by vynsane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am

Cool, I'll have to check in at my local store. Thanks for the heads-up!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 am

Could you please post the email? I saw here and elsewhere on the web that it claimed that it was running today through 1/19/13, but I didn't get any emails from SYWR and my Kmarts did not have any signs or ring up an extra 50% off.

MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

Post by MunsonRoyE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 am

Sorry, but I don't have access to the email. It was under my wife's account and she did the transaction. I know the email had a bunch of different things mentioned on it, so the 50% off wasn't in the subject line.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:45 am

I scanned some clearance sets yesterday and they didn't ring up with the extra 50% off.

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 am

MunsonRoyE wrote:Sorry, but I don't have access to the email. It was under my wife's account and she did the transaction. I know the email had a bunch of different things mentioned on it, so the 50% off wasn't in the subject line.
Yeah the subject line was "Stylish Savings: Kids' clothes at clearance prices" and it mentions the 50% in the middle of it.

tarakou
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tarakou » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

can anyone post a copy of the email? i didn't receive it :( i'm dying to go check it out

MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

Post by MunsonRoyE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

SlickP wrote:I scanned some clearance sets yesterday and they didn't ring up with the extra 50% off.
They scanned at the sticker price. My wife showed the cashier the email from her phone and they did a price adjustment.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 am

Hope this works...
nimlet=deggetemail&fn=INBO_Page_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm

SlickP wrote:Hope this works...
nimlet=deggetemail&fn=INBO_Page_2.jpg
Thanks, that is great. I wonder if you would be even more generous and click on the link that brings the email up in a webpage and post the link (with your email replaced by xxx in the link and make sure your SYWR is also not in the link). That way we could show it on our phone, too!

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm

I used the above and picked up 2 mining trucks and 4 samurai mechs!

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm

my kmarts have no lego on clearance...matter of fact they barely have any lego...sigh

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:15 pm

One k-mart near me refused to honor the e-mail and said it was for online only (when I told here that it wasn't working online she said I had to call the online site and discuss it with them) and that the prices that are ringing up on the scanner were the clearance prices. She then told me that retail and online were two different entities. Is it just me or are retail managers getting more and more clueless or just lazier?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

Post by MunsonRoyE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm

anakinisvader wrote:One k-mart near me refused to honor the e-mail and said it was for online only (when I told here that it wasn't working online she said I had to call the online site and discuss it with them) and that the prices that are ringing up on the scanner were the clearance prices. She then told me that retail and online were two different entities. Is it just me or are retail managers getting more and more clueless or just lazier?
That's crazy because the email says "Assortment varies by store". Unless they have more than one Kmart online store. :crazy:

MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

Post by MunsonRoyE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Picked up a Tie Fighter at another Kmart. Manager had to come up and do the override, but I had no issue.

tarakou
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tarakou » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for the post SlickP! Unfortunately, the lady at the store wouldn't honor it. She said the same thing to me that she did to anakin. Something about it being online only. For some odd reason though, it doesn't work online either :/ Anyone having this problem?

thenos
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by thenos » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Yep. Kmart.

Went in twice to check it, didn't bother with a manager and the email because... Kmart.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

do you think I have a chance of getting the discount without a SYW Rewards card?

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

anakinisvader wrote:One k-mart near me refused to honor the e-mail and said it was for online only (when I told here that it wasn't working online she said I had to call the online site and discuss it with them) and that the prices that are ringing up on the scanner were the clearance prices. She then told me that retail and online were two different entities. Is it just me or are retail managers getting more and more clueless or just lazier?
Some managers are stupid and lazy. I've kept a list of a few locations to avoid when these types of things occur. I finally found a location that had a smart enough manager to just give me a $10 gift card instead of 10000 SWYR points when the servers were down.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm

When they had clearance on the UFO sets last summer, the manager said the same thing. They are different entities. But he was nice enough to do a price override.