50% off Clearance Toys at Kmart

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 50% off Clearance Toys at Kmart

Post by solo606 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

I just returned form a trip to my local K-mart. I found a few sets in the regular Lego aisle on clearance but they were scanning the price on the clearance tag. I took a couple items with me to the service desk and explained the situation and showed them the email from this thread. The Service Desk had to call the manager but he did not question it and honored the additional 50% off. I walked away with (2) Tie Fighters and (2) planets sets for $60 after tax. Thanks OP and SlickP.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 pm

got shot down twice by managers, however i did find a lone unmarked #4867 Hogwarts for $20 :) so not a failed trip lol

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Holy cojoles, this sale is even better than 50% off for Wal-Mart clearance. I stopped by KMart after work and saw they had a bunch of stuff marked clearance. I started picking through to see what I was interested in. I then went up to the front desk, since my arms were full and I needed a cart. I showed the email with 50% off clearance toys advertised and explained the 50% off clearance sale to the lady working there. She looked at while I explained to her there are no 50% off clearance signs in the toy section. She said they couldn't honor it, since the items are as they ring up and they aren't running the same sale. She told me Electronics could scan each item for me to do a price check. I went back to toys and then thought I'd scan an item to see what price it was. Low and behold, there was the district manager with a scanner in hand in the electronics section. He asked, "May I help you?" I then explained the email and he said, "I got the same email too. I was going to call corporate, since we're not running the same sale. I'm not sure when it ends?" I showed him the email that said 1/19/2013. He said, "I'll make it right. Go get what you want and tell the cashier Joe said to honor the 50% off clearance toys." I checked out and then drove 10 min across town to the the other KMart and explained what Joe said. They said, "OK, no problem."

Here's what I picked up and w/ using my free $3 rewards I had deposited in my SYWR account that expires 1/17/2013. I'm real happy with this haul for $270 total. I left plenty at both stores.

2 - Star Wars Tie Fighter (9492) - $24.50 MSRP $54.99
2 - Ninjago Fangpyre Truck Ambush (9445) - $22.50 MSRP $49.99
1 - City Heavy-Lift Helicopter (4439) - $22.50 MSRP $49.99
4 - Ninjago Samurai Mech (9448) - $18.00 MSRP $39.99
1 - Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle (9447) - $11.00 MSRP $24.99
1 - City Mobile Police Unit (7288) - $20.00 MSRP $44.99
1 - Hero Factory Black Phantom (6203) - $9.00 MSRP $19.99
1 - City Garbage Truck (4432) - $9.00 MSRP $19.99
3 - Ninjago Spitta Spinner pack (9569) - $2.50 MSRP $9.99
1 - Star Wars Ewok Attack (7956) - $11.00 MSRP $24.99

Last edited by exciter1 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kelyn39
I'm New !

Post by kelyn39 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this deal. My husband simply told the cashier about the e- mail and she price changed all the items. Got some great deals for my son's b- day and we'll be saving the planet sets for our boy' s Easter baskets. My husband is especially happy to have his first Dino set to assemble tonight.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

i hate my kmart marnagers.....sigh

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 pm

I hit one store so far, and brought my own printed email in hand (which had my rewards number printed on it), and had better results, although it also didn't hurt that the manager was about to leave for the day. ;)
It definitely took some smooth talking to her though.
My haul:
5x Tie Fighters $24.50 each
1 Dino Triceratops Trapper $22.50
1 Dino Ambush Attack $5.50
1 Dino Tower Takedown $9.00
9x Friends Andrea's Stage $3.50 each
1 Mining Truck $15.50
1 Duplo Creative Cakes $11.00
1 Castle Fortaan $11.00
1 Hogwarts game $13.50

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 am

Armed with the e-mail, I went to the KMart in Los Angeles (3rd Street near Fairfax Blvd). I spoke to the manager who confirmed the deal was "on" and would be honored. Unfortunately, there was not much there I wanted. Left behind were:

4-5 Tie Fighters
10 Mining Trucks
10 - 15 Planets (Bespin and Tatooine)
4-5 AC Motherships
A few HF sets

That's about it. All were priced as previously reported by others.

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:58 pm

First store didn't have anything I was interested in so I didn't find out if they would honor it. Second store had a bunch of things but only the Heavy Lift Helicopter caught my interest. After a couple employees and managers they decided they couldn't honor the email because they had to details about it. I didn't push it because I didn't need it and I had to get back to work. Oh well.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm

kwkw wrote:i hate my kmart marnagers.....sigh
To quote Rainman "yeah Kmart Sucks yeah".
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Shop S-Mart.

Seriously though, I'm just waiting for the online clearance at Kmart. Those are the best if you get lucky enough to find stores with stock. Last Spring I believe was the last one if I remember correctly.

newf
Peasant
Peasant

Post by newf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Visited the Kmart in Cromwell, ct today, toy shelves were bare
Not many lego sets there.
Looks like they were getting ready to redo the shelves

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm

K-Mart manager are the worst, they are either lazy or stupid. Living in places where most don't even speak English, just forget it. I show them the same thing and they said well it assortment varied by store (no that mean that items may or may not be available per store) but I still get the 50% off because that what it said. They said since there are no bar code they can't override it or some BS. * K-Mart.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

thehotsung wrote:K-Mart manager are the worst, they are either lazy or stupid. Living in places where most don't even speak English, just forget it. I show them the same thing and they said well it assortment varied by store (no that mean that items may or may not be available per store) but I still get the 50% off because that what it said. They said since there are no bar code they can't override it or some BS. * K-Mart.
That hasn't been my experience. I have only ever had one negative Kmart manager interaction.
By far, they are the most accommodating of the big box stores, at least here in the SF Bay Area.

Unfortunately, I found no inventory at any of the ones I visited. So I didn't get to find out if they would honor the current deal.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Just curiousity - Any guesses why not every rewards member has recieved the e-mail?

It's academic in my case;I checked my Kmart (only one in my city) and aside from a couple of Tie's (pass for me) and 2 or 3 planets they don't have anything on clearance.

They do have half a dozen Urak Hai's (at full price) so I figure sometime in 2015/16 those should hit clearance if there are any left ;)

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I went to a Kmart in one of the outlying areas near me and found a decent selection of clearance stickered items, but they were only marked down about $5 and scanned at the price on the sticker. I put the stuff in the cart that I wanted and brought it to the register where I told the cashier about the email. About 20 minutes later and 4 different managers conferring together and they finally decided to go ahead and honor it even though they were, and I quote, "...very confused by this...". I think three things were very key in the process:
1. I was able to show them the copy of the email that was posted on these forums ( Thanks and major kudos to SlickP for that, and yes I actually did get one, but for some reason my iphone wouldn't pull it up from my email account ); 2. They seemed much more compliant once they knew I was a rewards member and this was a rewards email and 3. These were all clearly marked I also remained calm and polite throughout and let them reach their own decision. As a side note, the cashier was a young man that stated he thought that Kmart had a very serious problem with lack of communication between corporate and stores.
So after all that I was able to pick up 3 Tie Fighters@ $24.50 ea, 2 Triceratops Captures@$22.50 ea, and 4 Endors@$3.99 ea. They had 2 more Ties, 3 or 4 Velociraptor Chases and several other series one and two planets but I was on the last of Christmas money so that was all my budget would allow for.
Hope some of this is helpful and happy hunting!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

The-Daryl wrote:Just curiousity - Any guesses why not every rewards member has recieved the e-mail?

It's academic in my case;I checked my Kmart (only one in my city) and aside from a couple of Tie's (pass for me) and 2 or 3 planets they don't have anything on clearance.

They do have half a dozen Urak Hai's (at full price) so I figure sometime in 2015/16 those should hit clearance if there are any left ;)
I was wondering the same thing. No email for me either... but my Kmart sucks and doesn't have a big variety. On top of that, all the sets people are listing, I'm not very interested in getting multiples of, be it for sale or to keep.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am

My K-marts manger game me the online only story too, lame.
although the clearanced LEGO sets were super easy to find this time, they are marked on the shelf tags

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 am

From what I overheard while I made my purchase was that the ad was to be retracted by corporate but it never happened.

rvn013
I'm New !

Post by rvn013 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks for the info, I just came back from a very nice shopping spree.. Scored a couple of Tie Fighters, Alien Conquest, some DC sets. I went to 2 different K-marts, and not a single item was questioned. I simply showed them the email through my phone, both cashiers just looked at it and said, sure thing..!! My Kmarts are located in Temple City and Covina CA.. P.S. There are still some sets left.. Couldn't bring myself to buy everything.. :-D

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 pm

I just received a new email from kmart:
Hi XXX,

We sent an email and offer for an extra 50% off toy clearance at Kmart by mistake. The offer was incorrect. We're very sorry about that.

To make it up to you, here is a $10 coupon that can be used on your next toy purchase of $50 or more at Kmart.

Valid In Store Only. To redeem, print this email and present it at checkout.